Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #20133

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!

Chilly 52* here, headed for 72* with a 20 mph wind. It will be sunny.

Ordered pizza last night from the local place, it was very good.Enjoyed it.

Ron, sorry to hear the clutch is not right. Will help you look at it when you get here. My guess is there are probably lots of shops here in Yuma that can work on the clutch,,,, not many choices for the tranny. We will work it out some how.

There are 3 choices of rides for the toy run, I will go with our group. Plan is to just have a nice day. Probably best for our group to do the stock Jeep run.

Gordon, I hated slushy,,,, what a mess. Bad for the vehicles. Very tough to get that out of everywhere.

Popeye, hope you get to see your Mom today?

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 08:19 AM   #20134

Ron sumpin not right with that clutch. Get it in writing that if it doesn't fix itself, he will fix it.

I have a Ford 5.0 V8 racing clutch in my rock crawling Isuzu Rodeo, that has 3 transmiddions in it, and it does lock up hard, but never grabby, or jerky.
I can feather it to get moving easy, or drop it and lock up hard enough to snap your neck back.

But I have a trick for Rock Crawling that makes restarting while committed to a hard climb restart. I put in a 3 position switch that disables my clutch in to start switch. Just a small toggle switch (sptt) with neutral off in center position.

One position I have to push clutch in to engage the starter by turning the ignition key, like stock.

In neutral position, it disables the starter circuit entirely. Sort of an anti theft position. The starter is buried so jumpering my starter to steal my truck is almost impossible.

And the 3rd position makes the starter engages without the clutch depressed to bump start in gear. Great for when stalled going up a rock, and where trying to push in the clutch, re crank the engine, then try and slip the clutch and brakes to get going again without rolling backwards could result in a disaster.

A very handy addition to have in big rocks.

Yea Lloyd, the gyro experience was a blast to do. Definitely a big check off of my Bucket List.
The sunset was just amazing to see from an open cockpit aircraft. And being as it was my first time, i guess the back seat was a safe place to start.
I can pilot aircraft, just not licensed. And the gyro does fly differently than a fixed wing.

But that second day, sitting in the front seat with all the instruments and controls was well worth the agrivation it took to make the journey down and back. I even did the mag checks and other pre flight stuff before take off. Which was kinda cool.

They are Literally like riding a Crotch Rocket in the sky. It's 10 X's more fun than riding my motorcycles. If your not one of those peoplr who is afraid of heights, and does enjoy leaning into the corners hard you'd really enjoy it. (No knees scraping and semis to worry about.)

I enjoy flying low. Always have found it much more exciting than having my head in, or above the clouds. Cross country flying is just an boring evil I have to do to get to the twisties with scenery. And I guess I can say the same for riding my ADV street bikes.

I want one! What it's going to take to get the one i want in my hanger is the next big question mark.
The one I want is the price of a new Corvette.

Well, Missy and I are hunkering down here today.
Family is spread out like leaves in the wind. Even have one grand daughter spending this Thanksgiving in Hawaii on the beach with her girlfriends. If I had a gyro I'd be visiting them all
(Except for the one in Hawaii, of course).

Here's another pair of pictures of what was there. I want a side by side, slightly bigger in size, but simular to the orange one.( i want an AG 915 Javelin)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121_123519.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	309356   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121_113524.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	355.9 KB
ID:	309357  

Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #20135

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends. Hope all have a great day. We will be celebrating at home and thinking of you all.

We are in a period of day time highs of just above freezing. It is not too bad. The predicted "winter whiteness" did not occur overnight. None predicted for today.

Planning on doing some baking today. One of my favorites. Fortunately it freezes well so I will be able to pace myself on the consumption.

Yes Crocs. One concession is I have socks on. It is much easier to just slip on the Crocs than pulling on the Sorels. Lets just say that while wearing the Crocs I avoid skipping through the stuff I am shoveling.

Safe journey Ron. May the wind be at your back and the roads all downhill.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:18 AM   #20136

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Happy Thanksgiving
Too he'll
I took the old gal out yesterday.
Gas w a a $1.62 took 47.00 and propane $60.00. That was a first.
MH ran flawlessly.
She's ready to go look to Yuma if we can go😎😎😎😎
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #20137

Gulf Streamers Club
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Completed first leg of my winter journey north. More than half way. 80 miles today, 70 to go. Of course the remaining 70 north also involves 1200 west. At sister's thru Monday night. Tuesday to Fort Stockton.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #20138

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
https://youtu.be/SE7zvAsndig

Happy Thanksgiving, got a run but i thought I would throw this out there for the gearheads to enjoy.

The video is from BAT (Bring a Trailer) car is for sale. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-lotus-seven-2/

A few years ago there was a company in Chemainus BC on Vancouver Island that was building sweet rides similar to the one pictured. Lost tract of that entity and wonder if they just moved south?

I think I just answered my own question .... In this video the car is being shown on the highways and side roads in and around Chemainus on the Island.
Denise and I have driven those roads numerous times in our daily driver while visiting friends in Crofton, Saltair and Chemainus.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #20139

Gulf Streamers Club
Cracked windshield

Driving today heard loud bang and felt like something hit coach. Stopped when safe and looked around. Broken front windshield. No idea what happened.

rsp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monaco cracked windshield.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	309404  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #20140

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Well that sucks Ron. Were you on a rough road? Bird strike?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:44 PM   #20141

Hopefully it’ll hold until you get to RE.

That’s why we carry insurance for those yuge windshield
Old 11-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #20142

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang Ron! Get some Gorilla Tape, and cover the cracked area, inside and out, that will hold it till you get to Yuma! They will have to order that windshield, so you will have plenty of time to get it done in Yuma! There are glass shops in Phoenix that may have one? Worth a call! And there is a RV boneyard in Phoenix also, never know? Looks like a rock strike just left of the sticker a few inches? Sorry buddy! Rail!
Old 11-26-2020, 09:24 PM   #20143

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I still can't figure out what shattered my half bath window other than rough roads. Just the INTERIOR glass shattered but stayed in the frame!
I've held it all in place by covering the whole glass (carefully) with aluminum heat duct tape which is very sticky. Wonder if this has happened to anyone else, as it very strange being a midship window.
I'm a Gorilla Tape guy too Rail, that stuff is killer.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 11:41 PM   #20144

Sorry about your cracked windshield. Years ago I was driving our brand new truck and I think a 2x4 came flying off another truck in front of me and smashed the windshield. DD kept saying "Dad is going to be mad". We always carry full glass coverage. Years later had to have the windshield replaced again for a rock smash. Then the hail storm the size of Tennis balls smashed the windshield. Now you see why we carry full glass coverage.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:47 AM   #20145

Just jazz today....Digestin' music......

Geeeze RonS
That sucks. Your vehicle problems seem to just keep comin" !
I'm not a mechanic and I don't play one on TV.
Sooo....
Make sure the batteries aren't Eveready...???

The trip has gotta smooth out for ya soon......
Old 11-27-2020, 04:18 AM   #20146

First cup of coffee has been poured. 38° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 44° with cloudy skies. Spent way to much time on phone yesterday. But it was good to hear all those on the other end. Everyone I talked was doing a laid back Thanksgiving. My dinner was good. Will have the same today (leftovers). No plans for today. Well maybe I should get blade on tractor. Suppose to get 6" of snow Monday-Tuesday.

RonS, sorry to hear about window breaking. Safe travels.

Popeye, grease on trip and angle mechanism. I use PAM on blade surface.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.