Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2020, 05:31 AM   #20147

RonJH
Arrrrrrrrr I see my crew is keepin' an eye on ya !

caw caw caw,,,caw caw. that means lunch call.!
Don't try slippin' 'em any turkey meat ok ????

I suggest jelly donuts , maybe Boston Creme , you'd get some great pics !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #20148

Good morning all!

54* here, headed for 69*, north wind blowing harder.Full sun.

Nice thanksgiving get together yesterday. Good food, good friends.Hope everyone else had a great day as well.

Ron, gosh something hit pretty hard. That stinks. Always something.

Major ear ringing this morning. So far nothing seems to fix this. Gonna try a ear, nose, throat guy here in town when i can get a appointment.

Trying to put together a A ride for Wednesday, have a few that want to do one. Have our regular ride scheduled for Sunday.

Have a great day all!!!!
Old 11-27-2020, 09:49 AM   #20149

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Ron - bad luck on the windshield. Great idea to use gorilla tape on the glass to keep it from spreading. I always carry crazy glue and try to get some on the cracks as soon as I can. If the glass has not "healed" the glue may run into the cracks and help. We had our windshield replaced this summer. All came from edge cracks. I talked to the insurance company and they agreed to pay for a 6" application of protective film around the outside edge of the windshield. Both replacements came from chips from the edges.

Hope the rest of your trip is uneventful.

Rain predicted overnight did not happen so there will be no spinning donuts in the parking area with the tractor!!

Hope everyone is over the Thanksgiving food coma and ready for leftovers. Janet made a killer lasagna yesterday so there are no bones for soup. We were going to roast a chicken but when we checked the freezer it was not there. Funny how that happens. Did find a rack of ribs that will be going on the grill in the not too distant future.

Sun is out and it is supposed to be above freezing today and for a few more days. Notice the depth of "winter whiteness" is considerably lower than the other day. Probably some settlement as well as melting. It should be sliding off fairly soon. I may open the door for a few hours to help the interior warm up.

Rain that was predicted does not appear to have happened. Deck is nice and dry.

Don told Lloyd who told me that Rosie was no longer cutting hair in Algodones. She got married and has moved. Happy for her as she was a very nice young lady. Reminds me I should be getting a hair cut here but with the new restrictions you have to get an appointment. Takes the fun out of haircuts as there is no waiting around telling stories. Going to have to find a Rosie replacement. There are several other good hair cutters at the shop but Rosie was my favorite. Going to have to find out who cut Don's hair and how he liked the cut.

May peruse the internet for black friday deals. Don't want anything but a deal is a deal!! LOL. It is not about the goods but the acquisition.

Going to get the wavenator shirts out of the coach. Although we are not in Yuma we will still give the bon voyage wave to the trail group on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #20150

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Should have done what you did Gordon on the protective film. Had the windshield replaced at the WGO factory last year, and already have a chip in it.
What can you do when you're tooling along in the right lane minding yer business......and a dump truck comes barreling along, passes you and whips in right in front of you.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #20151

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Should have done what you did Gordon on the protective film. Had the windshield replaced at the WGO factory last year, and already have a chip in it.
What can you do when you're tooling along in the right lane minding yer business......and a dump truck comes barreling along, passes you and whips in right in front of you.
As mentioned our windshield had to be replaced from cracks that started from the chips in the edge of the windshield. Only had one chip in the windshield that caused problems but it was way more than a chip. Tried getting it fixed at a glass store but it did not take.

It may be worth getting the edges done if there are no significant chips there. I got a 6" width around the perimeter of the window. Cost 400 but the insurance company agreed to pay for it. May be worthwhile talking to your agent. Who knows? I talked to the adjuster directly when making the claim. Told him we would not be replacing the windshield except the edge chips turned into cracks. We got epel window film and you have to really look to see it.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #20152

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Gordon, I'll check into that. On mine, it was the same....a rock hit right at the very bottom of the windshield. It caused a crack heading upward about 10 inches long. Bright side, good thing it didn't hit the fiberglass a half inch below, it probably would have broken it badly?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:53 AM   #20153

Drinking first cup of coffee. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 47° with sunny skies. Did not sleep good last night. Not sure why. Got tractor ready for winter yesterday. Forgot to bring bucket of ice melt up to house. So when that's done I will do a conserve energy day.

RonS, never had a broken windshield on my MH. I guess the cab over and hood on a Super C protect it. Some good chips in cab over fiberglass had to be repaired. I should have put some of the 3M shield up there.

Gordon, hope you found that one item that did not need for Black Friday. I found a stand for my DEwalt planner.

Llyod, sorry to hear ear is not getting better. Mine has hit a point where it has not gotten any better. Have new med to take. But afraid to take because of side effects. May start Monday to see if it helps.

Popeye, your black spy did not show up yesterday. Maybe I do need to pick up some donuts.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:28 AM   #20154

40* going to 45? partly cloudy ? It's darkly cloudy now,,,wet pavement.

So,,,I decided to head south yesterday...made it 70 miles and then I turned around ! skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh Felt pretty good there for an hour or so !

Did a M&G with a couple of YARCers ....with seafood.

Sure was better than the "stinkin' tuna" I had on thursday although technically tuna is still seafood.

Wavey and Wavey wanted to let some of those people holding signs down at the wally world exit a chance for extra publicity !

I just wanted to see what it looked like so OK'd the idea..

Of course Wavey remembered the ticket after the Grand Marshall's horse episode.............
Old 11-28-2020, 08:17 AM   #20155

Good morning all!

52* here, Sunny, headed for 72*. Warming trend next 5-6 days headed to high 70's by Tuesday Wednesday.

We have 3 chips in our coach windshield, all were fixed and the fix's are holding. Also have 2 in the Jeep, however one we got here last year and it is right dead center in drivers view. Jeep Wranglers are famous for windshield chips, windshield is flat, and nearly verticle like a motorhome. Virtualy everyone of them has chips.

Have yet to be outside, but it looks like a lite breeze this am. Still coming from the north.

RonJ, hope you get through the wnter without plowing.

Have 4 rv's who came in yesterday and filled in our row here in the park some. Guessing they are weekend thanksgiving campers. Not long term stays.

Jeep ride tomorrow, easy run with a couple of attractions to visit along the way. Old abandoned gas stop from 40's when the main highway took a different route and was dirt, a couple mines, and a kinda junky ghost town.

Have a Jeep run Wednesday that is a much more difficult run,,,, then a week from today a toy for tots run organized by the Yuma 4x4 club.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-28-2020, 08:51 AM   #20156

Lloyd
That wind will sand blast the enamel off yer teeth , try not to smile too much

Hope you (and RonJH) find some escape from that "ring torture"

My Sportscoach Longranger had flat windshields.
And I've been on some of those dirt roads in Texas doing my avoid the city thing................think it was Denton area N. of DFW.
The glass shop could make one up and install next day !
I made 'em prove it too. Well they did but it wasn't tinted...
(which worked out good , it was the passenger side and my GF was taking pictures and could wear her shades.................)huh , guess that was in 04 !

RonS
How's it holding together ?
Do they make clear Gorilla Tape ?

RonJH
Don't be so sure,, blue jays are Corvids just like crows. He might be in disguise.

I gotta dig out my Honda....the solar isn't doing much again today My lowest battery is down around 12.2v :n onono:
It's charging at a whopping 1.11amps and that's the 12.2v I'm seeing , the battery at rest volts is probably more like 11.8v........

it's gonna be another loooooong winter up in East Coast Al,,,,nope not yet ! Maine
184 days 13 hours 8 minutes and 47 seconds to June 1st
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 11-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #20157

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Popeye - like the lineup of pole dancers. They seem to like what they are doing. this could be the next Olympic synchronization sport.

RonJ - I have not been looking very hard. I have a Garmin golf watch and managed to break the silicone band yesterday. It is the weak link on the watch. Unfortunately replacements are a bit on the pricey side. So my purchase of the day was a replacement watch band. No Friday pricing!!!

Sun is out and the day is going to be glorious. Took the compost out and the day is really nice. No need for a jacket if out for a few minutes.

Supposed to be like this for the next week according to the long range. Car washes will be raking in the dough if anyone is going out. Streets will be extraordinarily sloppy.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:40 AM   #20158

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Must be wreck a windshield month. Ours got a clip on the bottom corner on the way here and its is now half way along the passenger window so it will be in need of replacement when we decide to head out after Easter. Fun and games.

Still no wons on the Island so far but we did have a heck of mrotsdniw last night.

Enjoying the sunshine predicted for today as I am hoping the rest of you are too.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:46 AM   #20159

31+45 are my #s for today,,,and they think there will be ORB!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Headbanger's woodstock!

Bring your earplugs.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:51 AM   #20160

Coffee is brewing. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 51° with mix of sun and clouds. Got my one project done yesterday. Plan to do something outside today. Just not sure what it will be.
Thought I better get a picture of tomorrows full moon today. Supposed to clouded over for next few days.

Popeye, I do not think there is any relief for the ear ringing. At least it does not keep me from sleeping.

Gordon, Cyber Monday is coming.

Llyod, I have 2 of my neighbors setup to use my tractor to clean their drives. My reward is they have to clean my drive on the way in and out. Unless I beat them to it. I like to get tractor seat time.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.