Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2021, 03:24 AM   #20609

Coffee is cooling in first cup of the day. 31° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with chance of snow. Yesterdays trip to Port Huron went very well. Lighter than usual traffic and dry road. Both aunts were glad to see each other. Celebrated my uncles 87th birthday while there. Going to put chipper on tractor today. Go to neighbors and do some more cleanup of his woods.
Yesterdays bird was a European Starling. A very invasive bird.

Llyod, I have several different squirrels here. Fox, Red, Gray/Black and several others that I have no name for.

Paul, good luck with house showings.

Popeye, 79°. Better box up some of that warmth for a cold night.

Gordon, hope you get your hair cut. I need one too. But going to wait until I have complete my Covid shots. Hair is already over my ears.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2021, 05:02 AM   #20610

RonJH
79* INSIDE the rig !!!. If I box it up ,, I'l just have to replace it.
It'll be 4th of July before anything like that outside

Gordon
Ya know , as bad as weather gets around here in winter,,,,,It's been pretty dang good ,,,,so far ! 135 days to prove otherwise and I don't doubt it will.... (actually more like 100 days for the frozen stuff..the extra month is just not warm enough for ME ! )

paul
Is the coast guard a problem there ?
Put 'er in !

Lloyd
I forgot to mention yesterday.....people that "just Listen" are very important to those in the music business. That's how we get paid !!!!

----

The UFO is still here ! and it's really BIG up close....

(I keep telling everybody it's just those green guys but Wavey said he heard an "eliminator" warming up !)

Rail
In my general direction>>>>>>>>
Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 AM   #20611

Good morning all!

57* headed for 81*. The last weeks has been wonderful weather. The forecast says it is all about to change on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday rain is in the forecast with high enough predictions it seems we will get it.

Terry and Popeye, seems no break for you guys.

Paul, hope you work that out quickly. Back home that can take awhile.

I miss our Cats Jingle and Diesel. Lost them both in the same year. Jingle was getting fairly up there in age, Diesel was very young. However with our traveling we decided to go petless for a few years.

Got our bicycles out yesterday and rode 2 1/2 miles to Old Town Yuma (downtown). Had a nice lunch, then took at 12 mile or so ride on the bike path. Felt good to get out, fantastic weather. Saw a lot of people on the path riding E skateboards. Various configurations. One we saw had only 1 wheel in the center, about 6" wheel that was about 6" wide. Put weight on front it goes forward, on back and it backs up. Traveled pretty quickly.

Jeep run today, easy run, it is about the scenery and the preserved mine and structures at the end. Should be a great day.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #20612

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Just below freezing here at the moment. Warming up during the day.

Cloudy to start and a few flurries. Got a dusting but not enough to justify starting the tractor for. Not even just to go for a drive. May sweep the deck off or wait as the sun is coming out. Deck will be dry by the time breakfast is done.

Have a great desert outing Lloyd and group. Wavenators seemed to have slept in this morning and missed the departure. Will try harder next week.

have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:43 PM   #20613

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Yesterdays trip to Port Huron went very well. Lighter than usual traffic and dry road.
I remember that #69 being brand new four lane when I used it as a shortcut from Sault Ste Marie ON to southern ON to get to model railroad conventions in Southern ON and Western NY. Did they ever finish the drive in theater near Lapeer?
Quote:
Yesterdays bird was a European Starling. A very invasive bird.

Even though invasive it is a very pretty bird. [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
I miss our Cats Jingle and Diesel. Lost them both in the same year. Jingle was getting fairly up there in age, Diesel was very young. However with our traveling we decided to go petless for a few years.
Denise and I have decided we will remain petless for a couple of years too. When we pack it in and become part timers again we will consider another pet.

So far our enforced stay in South Western BC has been different. So far no real wons activity and the fact we are getting days of sunshine interspersed with the incessant rain has been a bonus.

Have a great day all.

Dennis
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:04 PM   #20614

It has been a while.

Computer troubles several sites that i am on asked for passwords. Then in a short while would repeat request. DD doesn't have an explination as to why this happened. Might need to empty the cache. Last Wednesday DH spent half a day at church while the new furnice was installed. He had some drywall to cut up. Made good use of his time. Had an apt. to get the oil changed and Trans fluid and filter changed. We have 68thousand miles on our 2015 F250 4x4. DD had her aide over and they were working on cleaning her bedroom. Her aide let out a scream as a mouse scurried across the floor. I think one of my cats brought it in. My neighbor had two traps for us to borrow. Didn't take long for a snap noise. Couldn't believe how small the mouse was. Never had mice in the house unless the cats brought them in to show off their catch. When we let them in we check the mouth for mice. Fighting with my health ins. co. as they refused to pay for my back brace. Didn't know i need approval before purchase. Sent the back brace back. My DR. is trying to get it approved. DH had a few issues come up with his health ins. Monday morning he will get on the phone and get things straightened out. Our health insurance co. is "straight from hell." They have no trouble taking premium $ every month. I read the forum every day. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 03:04 AM   #20615

Coffee is done brewing. 27° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 34° with some snow flurries through out the day. Yesterdays time in neighbors woods went well. Chipper made several pile of chips. Will do some more clearing next week.
Been without electric power since 10 last night. Whole house generator fired up and is doing it's job keeping things running. Whole neighborhood is dark except mine and house next to me. The only ones that have whole house generators. Going to be some cold people this morning.
No plans for today.

Yesterdays Red colored bird is a House Finch.
Moose, I live way south of I 69. My trip takes me on I 96, I 696 and I 94. I used I 69 for travels to Indianapolis for work. I 69 is designated as NAFTA Superhighway. Not many drive-ins anymore in Michigan. The Lapeer drive-in has been closed for years.

Ann, good you got the mouse.

Gordon, your weather seems to be matching mine.

Popeye, afraid of a couple UFO aliens.

Llyod, enjoy the ride.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:09 AM   #20616

Ron we’ve seen that bird in Yuma and occasionally here too. Always wondered if maybe a sparrow got too close to a cardinal in the family way.

Cats will bring in the their toys Ann. So far ours has only brought in birds caught by Heidi.

35º this morning and working up to low sixties by late afternoon. Hopefully the power guys will be here early to change the power from the old pole to the newer old pole.

Dozer is more like Dozer these days. We’re watching his diet closer just in case the occasional bones are part of the problem.

The first cup is always the strongest because I pour it before the pot is finished. The taste is even better now because when I taste it I know for at least this morning I haven’t caught Covid. We had a house fire here Friday where a family with Covid didn’t smell the smoke. They had one teen age daughter not sick and smelled the smoke. She is the one that woke everyone up and got them out before the house was a total loss.

Be kind, especially today, tomorrow too.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:14 AM   #20617
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
We had a house fire here Friday where a family with Covid didn’t smell the smoke. They had one teen age daughter not sick and smelled the smoke. She is the one that woke everyone up and got them out before the house was a total loss.
One more reason to be certain the smoke detectors are working.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #20618

RonJH
We're all pretty used to the "green team" by now but when the mother ship is directly overhead and then hearing the sound of the "eliminators" warming up.......the crew gets nervous !!!

I , of course have my "grounding belt" on so am totally safe......
I think.
An unexpected design change happens and all bets are off though!

As it turns out , they were only using the weapon to heat up the ocean and beach nearby. "Eliminating" the ice !!!! Great Idea !
It seems their Cap wanted to go swimmin' in January !
And we were all invited
I tried putting a show together but no luck.

And speaking of luck .
I brought my detector and found 27 cents !

Lloyd
I actually think I AM catching a break !
The middle of Jan. here could easily be below zero*
It's 36* outside right now
Maybe I should put out an ad for some real martians ?

Ann
Put a sign on the bottom of your outside door.
"Outdoor Toys Must Stay Out." Problem solved...........

It's sad the way the ins. co.s all manage to boss everybody around .

A fine example of profit no matter what the cost.

That "Ain't Right" and NO "Stinkin' Badge"
Old 01-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #20619

Good morning 😁👍
HSoares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:18 AM   #20620

Good morning all!

52* here, headed for 79*. The clouds are forecsted to come in by end of day, and with them rain in the forecast for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. 30 to 50% depending on when you look, but a good chance we will get some. Meanwhile the highs will be in the low 60's. After 5-6 days of the 80's that is gonna feel cold.

Jeep run was very nice yesterday. Very scenic. We all stopped in Old Town Yuma on the way back and had a nice dinner on the patio. Restaurant there called The Pint House had nice setup, separated tables for 4. Could talk to each other however we were separated by more than 6'.

Sam, welcome back!

It iis Monday, our park has a management meeting with all residents invited every Monday. Gonna get ready and see what they have in the news today.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-18-2021, 08:52 AM   #20621

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
More flurries overnight but not enough to start tractor. May wait to see what happens as it is not overcast and the sun is just coming up. According to the weather station the graph shows it stayed above freezing overnight. It was 2C when I got up and has dropped a degree as the sun is coming up.

Had a good rain yesterday afternoon. No thunder though. If it did we did not hear it.

Slept in yesterday so missed wavenating at the desert crew. Appears they had a good ride anyway which is reassuring.

They are slightly relaxing the lockdown rules today. We can now get a tattoo, a haircut with appointment and have an outside group of 10 if distanced.

Friend who had a stroke was moved the other day to a care facility. He got the shot and has to quarantine for 14 days. His wife can visit for 2 hours with full PPE. He will be feeling better I bet as he got his first shower in 7 weeks. Only sponge baths for 7 weeks would drive me crazy.

Sitting watching the outside temperature and it is starting to head back up. Looks like I will not have to sweep the deck.

Ann - hope the issues with the insurance sort themselves out easily. We have found that you always have to lobby for yourself and be proactive. One of the things a lawyer friend told us was to ask the questions you want and if they said they did not know to say "OK I will call back in xx hours so you have time to find the answer". It seems to work at times. The problem is we are talking to the people who do not have decision making authority. Although we would like to yell at them sometimes it is not their fault.

Sun is coming up and we have some tasks for the day so off to get it done.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #20622

Good Morning.
Short update today.
You will be happy to hear that I am NOT fixing my roof.
Our Contractor is up there now replacing all the shingles that have blown off these last few wind storms we've had to put up with. Good Guy, hard worker and reasonably priced.
Thinking that maybe next year we will tear it all off and replace the entire roof with acrylic shingles.
These are lifetime hail proof shingles. Only need repairs if a tornado hit the house.

Almost have the wall slide recliners mod finished. Just building the linkages to make them slide, then lock in.

Well, Tha, Tha, Tha, Tha, Tha, That's All Folks!