Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2021, 03:24 AM   #20623

Poured first cup of coffee. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 30° with a few snow flurries. Power came back on at 1 pm yesterday. Did get a few things done in shop and barn. Dr appointment this morning. Then get laundry done. May be a good day to a conserve energy afternoon.

Curtis, good plan on the roof repair. Any pictures of recliner mod.

Gordon, good news on friends recovery.

Llyod, park management meetings are always interesting.

HSoares, and Goooodmorning thread.

Harvey, easy to think House Finch is like a Sparrow. The ones I see are always with the Sparrows.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2021, 07:34 AM   #20624

Good morning all!

57* headed for 66*, chance of rain in the forecast next 3 days. Tomorrow has highest chance. Pretty good wind going on out there. From the North like it always seems to be when the weather goes bad here.

Curtis, glad to hear you are not on the roof!

Nothing planned today, except maybe get gas in the Jeep in case the rain never shows and we get to do the Jeep run. Time will tell.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-19-2021, 07:44 AM   #20625

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone...... it was windy as heck here last night but not so bad this morning. They are actually calling for rain here this afternoon, which would be the first in about a year so we really need it!!

Well I finally "Splashed" the boat yesterday and it seems to be OK, didn't run it much.....just enough to get from the launch ramp to my slip but I did give it a little run and it seemed to come right up on plane!!

We'll give her a run later this week.

We'll be driving around again this afternoon as I have some things to do in town and also have an escrow closing tomorrow, hopefully, I'll have the title thing worked out soon

Hope you all have a great day..... make it your best ever!!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:06 AM   #20626

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSoares View Post
Good morning 😁👍

Good morning everyone. Welcome HSoares. You list Austin in location. Is that the Austin in Texas? I live in Taylor.

Cooler for a few days. And rain in forecast. Going out this morning to get birthday card for DIL and a sympathy card for mother of DIL's first cousin that was killed in a car wreck Sunday morning. So sad, she was only 45. Jeep run scheduled for Wednesday but looks like rain may cancel it. Will wait and see.

Not much on schedule for me. Small projects, lots of this retired stuff going on.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #20627

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Overcast but going to be a good day anyway. Still close to freezing so cannot complain about the temperature. No matter if we did complain as nothing would change. Easier to change attitude.

Rain in Yuma would be grand. Really nice to see the hills "green" up when it rains. And the flowers. On the positive side it also renews the trails. Recall one ride we went on with the Araby group. Was supposed to be a B ride but weather had made one point impossible to get past except for a few of the jeeps. Could not go back because we had come down a hill that very few would be able to get back up. So the leader took us cross country. Some very interesting overland routes were explored that day. Exciting because some were starting to get low on fuel. All got back safe and sound and as far as I know nobody had to push.

Lined up some tasks for the next few days so self isolating will be less quiet. This may motivate me to get working on a couple other tasks that I keep putting off.

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:16 AM   #20628

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning Everyone ! Not much going on here , Sally went to the cardio Dr. they want to do some procedure on her to close up the Tricuspid valve that is leaking . She is a little nervous but she trusts him as he did save her life 3 1/2 years ago . Just got the toad I bought from my neighbor back from my friends bodyshop , he did a good job ! Just waiting for the pinstriper to come match the striping on the new hood . I will be advertising it in the classifieds when it is done . It's a 2010 Chevy HHR that is set up already for towing , Florida car with 88000 on the clock. If we hadn't bought the Kia Soul we would have bought it as they sold their motorhome a few years ago . But I do enjoy scooting around with the 6 speed in the Soul ! Hope everyone is well and having fun!

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 11:59 AM   #20629

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bob, Just chatted with our friends in the Dunkirk NY area and they claim they got better than a foot of wons overnight. Hope you faired better.

Sunny and fortyish and partly sunny here on the Island.

Have a good day all.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:45 PM   #20630

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Went to see the vampire nurses Monday, and all my blood work came back good! Jira is setting up a (not in person) visit to Siriraj Hospital, and to get my shots sent to us here in Lampang! Been working out on the elliptical every day, and it is starting to show, dropping a few pounds!
Tried the "chicken and rice" from the new place next door yesterday, not too bad, and she had it for a special price, 9 Baht! In this area, price would be around 30/35 baht!

Welcome to HSoares! A bunch of like minded folks here, and we have all become good friends! Join right in!

RonS, sorry for the loss in your family! Prayers!

Bobby, wish i was closer, the HHR would be on my radar! You might advertise it on iRV2 classifieds! Give Sally a big hug for us, and hope she gets better fast!

RonJ, glad you got the furnace replaced, that has to be a huge relief!
Loving the pic's!

Gordon, thinking the border is going to open back up soon! Just my prediction!

We are off shopping today, taking the truck, and will go by a place down by the river that details cars, and see what the price is for a ceramic coating from them? Hoping it is cheaper than the high end place we took the Everest! We'll see!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 01-20-2021, 03:05 AM   #20631

Coffee is done brewing. 15° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 26° with cloudy skies and snow flurries. Dr. appointment went well yesterday. Laundry is done and put away. Get first Covid Vaccine today. Take Sassy in for grooming in afternoon. To cold for outside projects.

Rail, good you are getting exercise and loosing weight.

Bobby, prayers for Sally and procedure.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:06 AM   #20632

19*
Looks like my post yesterday went stealth??
Boy that part of the software sure works good !
Now , where was I ?

The Cap on the green mothership wanted to see the pole dancers and I thought it sure was worth it !
The beach is thawed and no white to be seen ,,,well , except the Sea Rats with Wings.
And the sea temp is still up a few degrees !
It was the least I could do !
Old 01-20-2021, 08:02 AM   #20633

Good morning all!

57* headed for 68*. Flash flood warnings here. We got a good bit of rain last night. Heard at least 2 T storms pass by the area, see more coming this way this morning on the radar.

I canceled the Jeep run for today, didn't want to lead a group into a flood, or have someone get hurt on a slick hill. roll their Jeep or something.

Not all a bad thing, Frank is picking up up in awhile, and we are having breakfast out! Yum!

Yesterday ended on a sad note,,,,, end of our street in the park,, they found someone had passed 3 days ago in their RV. Lots of Sheriffs here, coroner for a few hours as they investigated. They would not share much with anyone. Anyway sad.

RonS, sorry for your loss. Way too young to go.

A friend who winters about 50 miles West of us in El Centro Ca. invited our group to join her and her husband for a Jeep run in the mountians to the West of El Centro. We will make the run this coming Tuesday. She made the below video from her pre-run of the track, thought you all might enjoy.

Hope everyone is well!! Got to get ready for breakfast outing! Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2021, 08:58 AM   #20634

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Raining as I sniff of the rain. Glorious! Love the smell of rain.

Welcome HSoares. Good group of people here. Come in and tell us a little bit about yourself.

RonS, sorry about your losses. Hard to loose family and young ones especially.

I think we have had enough deaths in the park this year but seems to happen in this age group.

Jerry said the river was up a foot overnight. It was higher yesterday and this should be something to see. Right now the rain is coming down pretty good so I will not be going to go look very soon. Put water buckets at front and rear of rig for tomato plants and the one in front is full already. Jerry suggested I go out and move the rear one to the front and I suggested he raise the front of the rig and divert the water to the rear. He laughed at me.

Well, hope all of you have a great day! Heading to Miracle Ear today for a check on Jerry's hearing aids he has had a week. Doing OK so far.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #20635

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Sorry for your loss Ron. Always sadder when so young and taken so unpredictably.

Interesting evening. The predicted winds showed up. Predicted gusts in the 100 - 120 kph range (62 - 75 mph). Along with some gropple (wons pellets). Sounded like hail for a bit. Lots of power outages across the province according to the Hydro call center. Our power went out about 8 pm and except for a brief time stayed off until 3:30 am. Some local areas still do not have power. Fortunate the temperatures were not much below freezing. Started up the fireplace, lit a slew of candles, found the LED flashlights and had a nice evening listening to the wind howling around us. Checked this morning and all of our trees seem to be fine. Will go out to check the other side of the outside garage for roof damage. It is the only building we have with asphalt shingles. The side I can see is fine and the other side has better protection so do not think there will be any damage.

Unfortunately when the power went off the weather station stopped recording so I do not know what wind we got when it was really blowing. After the power came on we got some gusts to 35 kph (22 mph). The wind is predicted to remain in the 30 - 35 kph range for the morning. Really not much moving at the moment. Gauge say 5 kph.

Good to hear the Yuma area is getting some moisture. The desert is so pretty when it greens up. Breakfast as an alternative to taking a chance on the ride is a great option.

Stan - I hope you are right about the border opening. We are looking forward to getting back to the south.

Addendum (after I read Lynnes post) There was a fellow just up from RonS on Flathead a number of years ago who used his jacks to tip the coach over to one side to keep the rain from coming in through a leaky slide. We got 3.5" in a little over 24 hours at the time. It was interesting to try to dig trenches to drain the water. Digging down less than 1/2" would expose dry soil. The water was not soaking in very fast. Can understand flash flooding as everything wants to run off. Meanwhile in the crop harvesting they would have two tractors pulling the self propelled harvesting machines and the workers were wearing chest waders!!

Have a great day.

Keep your stick on the ice and your eyes on the goal.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:03 AM   #20636

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Bob, Just chatted with our friends in the Dunkirk NY area and they claim they got better than a foot of wons overnight. Hope you faired better.

Sunny and fortyish and partly sunny here on the Island.

Have a good day all.
Eez , had a few flurries this morning , but gone now partly sunny and warming up on Long Island, NY.

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote