Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2021, 03:23 AM   #22513

Hot coffee taste very good to me. 31° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 44° with partly cloudy skies. Picked up table saw. Then worked on picking up fence. Got about 1/2 done and needed a rest. Went inside and took a couple hour nap. Neighbor helped me unload saw. Said he could use a saw like that. Made me an offer. Sold. Need to get back at fence later today. Fence line I took down is in todays picture and last weeks drone picture. About 700'. Grocery shopping this morning.
Leaves all fell off this tree overnight.

Curtis, nice blog.

Moose, prayers and best wishes for Denise and you.

Ann, I had similar problems with finding someone to draw my blood while I was taking blood pressure meds. Now that I am off them. First try every time works.

Popeye, no bouncing tuff here.

Harvey, lots to be done before January.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2021, 06:15 AM   #22514

Moose
Hope they can figure this out.
The stress of not knowing can be worse than anything else !

Curtis
Those Yamaha rigs are very similar...
Robert Knevil ,,,,Evil's brother of a different mother.

Great deal on the parts , gives me hope for finding parts for my 40yo class C.

Ann
2 strikes and you're out is the rule at hospital where I go.
The last time , the second person told me she practiced on herself.
Couldn't feel a thing., mostly The blood lab guy is the best choice , he's been doing for it 30 years

RonJH
I had a big cast iron Rockwell T saw (w/ a matching jointer) and a little Craftsman 7 1/2" T saw too. I miss the little one the most...(it weighed less than my trusty old Milwaukee circular saw .)Wish I could go buy another one.it was in the class A when it burned , didn't get damaged but had to leave it due to no time to dig it out of the mess the FD left ,,they did far more damage than the fire did.
I've been thinking about building a table for the Milwaukee

Wavey has a fan club of one and he was trying to impress with.....oh NOOOOOOOO Wavey ! Not the Grand Marshall again !!!

I let a bunch of college kids demonstrate their edumication by standing on each other's shoulders to make a "tower of laughter"
(Gymnastics was never my sport but looked pretty impressive . Till the big guy on the bottom twisted his ankle Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........ )
Old 11-04-2021, 06:28 AM   #22515

Good morning all!

46*, and everything is very wet. Must have rained hard during the night. More rain expected.

New fence job is off, utilities are not marked. We are unsure if the customer ever called them to get the utilities marked, waiting for his call back. Fence delayed till next week. Not sure yet if we are going to delay departure to get the fence done orr just headout.

Lawn is all mowed, mower setup to sleep for the winter. Tractor also. Lots of odds and ends to do today.

Curtis, that would be a neat build. I am sworn to the 8 motorcycles I already have. Not sure how many off-road miles on 2 wheels I have left in me.

RonJ, that is a lot of fence to tear down. Will make mowing easier.

Moose, ugh on the nobody knows whats wrong. Hope that changes soon.

CWK, don't have a picture of that. But I have 4 of these........... not this exact brand

Bang4buck 4 Pieces 2"x 36" Tow Strap Car Hauler Axle Straps Truck Wrecker Wheel Tie Down Strap with 10,000 Lb Breaking Strength https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8XV7WK...7CJYXAVPZJ1RR5

In front I loop them over and around the lower control arms, then to 12,000 pound ratchet straps. In the rear around the axle tubes and then to ratchet straps. Jeep suspension is free, not tied down and unsprung base is tied.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-04-2021, 11:26 AM   #22516

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If you thought I was not happy with our health care here in BC before you should see me now. All tests done and nothing conclusive or even indicative of what's wrong they have washed their hands of the problem and again discharged Denise with a firm warning that if the problem persists she should see her GP and start the waiting all over again. So a week and a bit of hospital stay and absolutely no idea of what the prognosis is or should be.

Ask me if I'm irate
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:07 AM   #22517

Drinking first cup of hot coffee. 24° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 48° with mostly sunny skies. Did not get grocery shopping done yesterday. Back on today's list. Did get fence rolled up and out of field. Then ran timmer to get all of the weeds and shrubs trying to grow in fence line cut down. After shopping I think today is going to be a conserve energy day.
Road in front of my house.

Moose, special prayers for Denise and you.

Llyod, best part of fence project is it will make it easier to mow grass. Had been up 48 years.

Popeye, them older saw are sure heavy.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:38 AM   #22518

Guessers say 28+48 , it's 33 and we'll see about the 48 !
RH 69% ,winds 2-6 kts so meh. It's just getting light out and all I see is sky , turning blue (OK a few clouds off shore)......all orb? , my kinda day but IT'S NOT WORKING ! that 48 needs to be 78 !

Mom lunch today,,,sun/wed/fri this week. The crabs all crawl to the far side when mom comes lookin'

Moose
Crap on a cracker ! Ask for all the money back !
Doesn't help with the anxiety much but guess no news is good news ?
Are you gonna stay or come on down ?
Being surrounded by friends could be good for the anxiety anyhow......

Lloyd
It sounds like a soggy ending to your season. I know the feeling of having somebody not do what they say.. Still waiting for my shock mount ,,,,,,,then STILL have to find a welder,,,,again. The guy I found back when THIS mount was supposed to be done 2 months ago is closing up for winter And the first guy is still "awaiting arraignment" . I sure do know how to pick 'em ! Actually it's more a case of any port in a storm kinda thing.......
Hope the permits are there in the spring.
The trailer is looking just about ready.
Taking kayaks too ?
Sure wish I could head to AZ. But I'd be way late now anyway. Rule #3 always leave by Columbus day......

RonJH
Clocks go back tomorrow night , now , I have to wait 4 hours for orb up ! It's gonna be a long wait till it's warm again uptah camp.
Looks like the only hope is either global warming OR we need to BURN SOMETHING !
Was just thinking more about that table for the Milwaukee ,,,,,
I'll need a table saw to build it !

Lawrence Welk Band is on tap today.

YES , Sissy and Bobby are A dancin' for you !
BUT , I couldn't find the bubble juice so just put flowers in the machine........ : trash::t rash::tr ash::tra sh:

THAT was a BIG mistake OH my Goshk ! skfffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwsk.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:22 AM   #22519

Lloyd, Ihear you about how questioning how many miles you have left in you on a motorcycle. Many of my riding buddies are older than I, and they are giving up on ther Dual Sport (Off Rooad Capable) Motorcycles. Some all together. And others are just sticking to their big Beamers and Honda GW's etc...

I'm thinking IF Honda will ever bring their big 750cc ADV Scooter to the USA I'll get one and sell off all the other bikes. Getting to be too much hassle trying to keep them all running, insured and registered. And since I can only ride one at a time, I'm thinking an Off Road Capable big motor scooter with an automatic transmission that can cruise for the highway runs and still pick it's way down a dirt road would be just the ticket for putting on the back rail of the Motor Coach!

Here's a link to the Big Scoot! For it it's the perfect answer.
https://youtu.be/JrouF8OkiXY
Old 11-06-2021, 03:25 AM   #22520

Coffee is done brewing. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 52° with sun and clouds mix. Got my shopping done. Was able to get everything that I wanted. But a lot of open spots on shelves. After putting everything away I layed down and took a nap. Rest day was conserve energy. My aunt is going to spend a couple of days with me. We have no plans. But sure we will find something to do.
Sandhill Cranes and Turkeys had a meeting.

Popeye, clocks go back tomorrow morning. I will start resetting about 8 tonight. But still will miss one. It's in the car.

Curtis, Big Scoot would work for me.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:51 AM   #22521

30+49 , all orb but NO cigar. winds calm to below 4. Not to be confused to 4 below.

RonJH
Time not a problem here.
I have several pieces of processing that actually alter time.

I've got an order in for the weather version....

Curtis and Lloyd
You guys need to open a biker museum.
You will have to of course procure any worthy pieces to add to the display ,,,,,,,,,,and they WILL have to be driven occasionally to keep th' insides lubed.

Lawrence decided it was too much energy to come back from the dead to do another show this soon....the orchestra missed him
BUT ! A Bobby and A Sissy were still kicking and brought some kickin' friends to dance to show tunes that the band was more than capable of , especially without the accordion.

The crowd just threw flowers for the whole show....
Old 11-06-2021, 08:43 AM   #22522

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Not much happening here. Weather is nice and enjoying it.

News of note:
Lynne and Jerry arrived in Yuma yesterday.

Went golfing yesterday with Janet. Golfed quite well but did not make the money.

Battery for Janets bike arrived yesterday. Installing this morning.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:59 AM   #22523

First cup of hot coffee has been poured. 31° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 62° with a few clouds. Great fall weather day yesterday. Planted Lily Bulbs yesterday. Little late. May not bloom next year. But that OK. Went for a nice walk in back fields. No plans for today. Some NASCAR in afternoon.

Gordon, good new that Lynne and Jerry made it to Yuma. Some people are still golfing here.

Popeye, most of my clocks do reset automatically. But there are a couple that I have to reset. That will be my project for today.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:29 AM   #22524

Happy clock changing day!!

46*, mostly cloudy, no rain forecasted, significantly wamer 64* high.

Staying 2 more days, leaving Wednesday morning. The fence job is ready, buddy could really use a hand this will be a difficult one to keep straight and level. It is in the bank of a ditch all the way. Will have to drive posts from the side. We got this..... Buddy ran to Ohio to attend a funeral, when he gets back later today we will load everything for the job. That will take us 2-3 hours.

Dennis, that stinks. I cannot say that it never happens here. I am a example.

Gonna setup to leave early Wednesday morning. Close house etc all before we go to bed night before. May sleep in the driveway in the coach. We are taking the Southern route, if we can get thru Atlanta maybe get a 500 mile day in before dark. Atlanta is the wild card!

Curtis, nice scooter. Working hard on at least getting one more big ride on my DS next summer. Planning on the NEBDR.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #22525

Yesterday was a tough day for me. Robert had been a friend and riding buddy for over 50 years. Gonna miss him greatly.

I got in 165 miles on my Yamaha yesterday. About 250 friends of Roberts showed up for his Service and most of us rode our bikes there, even though it was in 41 degrees when I left. I lost count at 150 bikes. Only 3 were Harleys. Most were KTM's, Africa Twin Hondas, Yamaha Tenere's and a few BMW's. The Dual Sport Community was well represented.

And since he was also a Corporate Pilot, about 50 of his Flying Buddies and former Co Workers were there too. Long and very interesting story about how a Flat Track Motorcycle Racer got into Corporaste Flying. He was a man of many talents.

Our Neighbor sold their house last week, but we only found out yesterday. They got $60K over their asking price. Wow! A lot of "Out of Staters" moving into Texas......With Cash!

Well, that's all I have for today. Headed out to Church and Lunch after that.
Ya'll have a good weekend. And please stay healthy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211107_090928.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	348313  
Old 11-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #22526

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lynne and Jerry came over yesterday for a visit. Started getting caught up on hugs.

Janet's trike is out and ready to go. Had to replace the battery. May go for ride today.

Going to sous vide a small ham today.

Weather is moderating a bit so low 80 for highs the next few days. Will feel cool.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.