Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2021, 10:05 AM   #22527

30+46 all orb the frost on my pumpkin has melted away...I get a feelin' I'm gonna spend a lot of time fillin' tanks this winter.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #22528

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
A good morning today. Upper 60's for temps. Pain reduced after I got back on pain meds. I thought I could do without them, big mistake.

Very disappointed with Aaron Rodgers. Guess I will have to find a new jersey to wear.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:10 AM   #22529

Coffee is brewing. 34° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 63° with a few clouds. Hooked my Trak-Vac neighbors Kubota tractor. He was happy. Did 4 loads of leaves with it. One load was my yard. Almost all the fall color has fallen to the ground. Was a great fall day. Took a nice long walk. Then drove over to Frozen Custard store and probably got last one for this year. NASCAR season is over. The guy I like won. Found out my Aunt likes to watch NASCAR races. Going to work on putting casters on Jointer today. That will get me a trip to Menards.

Popeye, looks like a happy crew today.

Curtis, good tribute to a good friend.

Llyod, hope fence job goes good. My son complains about Atlanta traffic every week. Both coming and going. On his weekly trip Charlotte to San Diego and back.

Gordon, hope you get some good rides.

Orrin, I hate pain pills. Want to get off them as soon as possible. Sometimes to soon. Lots of people disappointed with Aaron.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-08-2021, 05:10 AM   #22530

Good morning all!

34*, our coldest temp so far! Will be out in it shortly working fence job. Should make 72*, Carolina Blue Sky! Froast on the barn roof!

Ronj, I wonder if we pass your son along the way, or vice versa. It is a long haul, I hope they pay him well. I expect by now all the fun is gone out of it.

Happy Birthday to RonS today!!!! And many more!!!

Setup my tablet mount in the coach yeaterday, this run will be a test of the RV Life Pro GPS and trip planner.

Orrin, feel better soon. Pain meds are good when in pain!

Curtis, very sorry for your loss!!!

Have a great day all! Off to pound some fence posts in the ground!!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:03 AM   #22531

34+57 , all orb , 60% RH , N@<4.
More of the same tomorrow with 59 high.

Not too shabby for November !

RON S
27 ?

Lloyd
You're running out of warm weather fast ......git 'er done.

Curtis
Sounded like a fine send off for Robert.

A group wanted to support their new "Just Say No To Sno* " club.
It won't work Do you know what will ?
It's called June.
Old 11-08-2021, 08:30 AM   #22532

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Birthday RonS.

Had some people we know in the border crossing line. They said they were in a line about 1/2 a mile from the border 3 hours before it was supposed to open. Have not heard anything more from them since.

One of the advantages of the issues going on in the park is we can see the river from our site because of vacancies. If they clean up the bamboo on the banks like they say they are going to do we will be able to see the water!

Weather has been really nice. Mid 80 for a few days so very pleasant.

Going to go out and sit on the patio and enjoy my coffee.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #22533

MID 80's ??? Oh , that's right you're not in the great white north now !!!finally.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #22534

Productive day.

DH put the fence,burlap wind breaker around the front flower bed. He washed off the Truck door rubberseal.dried it and sprayed with silicone. Hopefully no freeze ups this winter. Just have to remove one windsock decoration and windchimes. Then put the SD card back in trail camcorder and reinstall. Need to check batteries in smoke and co detectors. Sprayed the RV awning bracket. It came out very white. Stinks while drying in the house. Will also clear coat so we don't have to paint again. Liking it so much will do awning bracket on the other side and reinstall with stainless screws. Gordon showed on the news 2&1/2 hr. wait at midnight to come across the Peace bridge in Buffalo,NY. Wait times should get less as two other bridges go into the USA. Will seem funny to see Canadian plates at our stores. Milk is something like $8.00 a gallon in canada and around $2.00 in the USA. I have seen many carts full of milk that folks bring home and freeze. Some empty shelves/supply chain problems for groceries ect. Happy birthday RON S. Safe travels and healing prayers. Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #22535

Very good news today!!!!

Had a phone conference with DD case manager,Job Coach,DD and the supervisor for vocational services. A vocational assessment was done to get possible funding for her to go back to school. The evaluation was horrible. Not even the right kind of eval. The supervisor agreed with all my comments. She had had her present job for eight years. The evaluator said she is severely disabled and wouldn't benefit from schooling. The supervisor is going to be Melissa's counselor. We are going to get the best of the best. A wonderful person that is willing to make a horrible inaccurate situation right. DD has taken some computer courses post high school. She had the opportunity to shadow two IT people at her previous school. The next step is an interview with the intake person at Orleans Niagara Boces. Needs to check out the Computer technology program. Will they accept an adult in this High School program? This would be her best learning style. Just need one more miracle.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:25 AM   #22536

Poured first cup of coffee. 38° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 57° with some rain in afternoon. Did my trip to Menards yesterday. No work on caster wheels. Loaded fence that I took down last week into trailer. Helped neighbor move some logs. Then cut them up for firewood. Dentist appointment this morning. Then will see what weather is like when I get home. Haul fence to scrap yard or work casters.

Happy Birthday RonS.

Lloyd, you may pass son. He leaves Charlotte this morning. Will be in Dallas tonight. Gets in San Diego Thursday evening and passes threw Yuma Friday morning. Arrives back in Charlotte Saturday evening. He and his partner drive over 20 hours a day.

Ann, hope classes workout for DD. Repair of Hi-Lo is going to be OK.

Gordon, coffee on the patio with view of river.

Popeye, glad I live in MI. Sn** gone 1 month sooner. Did I tell you I had sn** on the ground last week. Luckily it melted quickly.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:30 AM   #22537

36+62 , all orb , 100% RH now tapering off to 58% when it is warmer~ this pm , winds ... meh

Ann
Sounds like the voc ed evaluator needs a vocational assessment ......

RonJH
NA NA NA NA NA NAH !
I didn't hear that !

Looks like Mr Chippy has a little more room in the left cheek !

Lloyd
Happy (warm) Trails
? 500 mile days on the interstates (20+10 ?)

Are you sure you need a GPS ?
(I have an inquiring mind )

Rail
It's coolin' off uptah camp........
Where's that beach report ???????

Orrin
Arron who ?
Is that the guy that shovels driveways ?
I need to get his #.

Frost on the show route this am...Wavey and Wavey took care of it .....

The dancers covered the little guys in kisses !

The dancers were spread out so flower lady stacked 'em up ,,
dreamin' of May poles......no doubt.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:25 AM   #22538

Good morning all!

41*, Carolina Blue Sky, headed for 72*.

All the post are installed, this was a very tough job. About killed my old legs working on the banks of the ditch. Hard to stand there, hard to get up and down from there, couldn't set the posts down as they rolled. To top that all off had to use 2 lines a top and bottom line, constantly weaving posts between the lines. Glad that is over. Back to the job this morning, hanging boards. Should be nearly equal fun except 2 of us will be in the ditch.

We leave tomorrow morning. Probably won't hear from us, we plan to leave at O dark thrity to attempt a pass thru Atlanta mid-day. If all goes well, should make it to or near Mississippi.

Ann, good news. Wishing for that next miracle. Ann, I graduated from BOCES Computer Technology in 1970. I did very well with it. First technology employer hired me before I graduated.

Gordon, did John and Cheryl, and Connie move their rigs out of the park? Wondering how you can see the river?

Well time to go get the fence done. Today will be busy, after the fence a long list of last minute packing to do, like the freezer fridge, closing down the house, trash to the recycle center etc etc etc..

Have a great day all!
Old 11-09-2021, 05:45 AM   #22539

I am a member of a Facebook group for the EFS fuel discount program.

Our trip could get interesting,,,, just read my 3rd post on that FB group about diesel fuel rationing in the west. Limited purchases of 50 or 60 gallons per visit due to shortages. People complaining they are having to stop more often. Must really be screwing up the truck drives trips.

I guess we need to modify our usual routine and keep the tank closer to full.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:00 AM   #22540

Lloyd
Maybe do 2 fuel ups each time you exit ?