Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #22625

Black Friday deals

DD has been on the internet daily to see if anything interests her. Reports strong sales at HD. Went to Walmart for her flu shot. Got a couple of video games and a Roku control for my neighbor. All black Friday deals. I only go in the stores this time of year for groceries. Had a very light dusting of snow that didn't stick. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 03:21 AM   #22626

Drinking first cup of hot coffee. 24° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 31° with snow. That accumulate to 3" by end of day. Got Christmas tree out of storage and into house yesterday. But today's forecast got me to get snow equipment out and ready for the winter. Still need to put snow blade on tractor and grease front end loader. Did get parts for pole rack on Mule. But they were delivered late. May get to that today. Will also start putting up Christmas tree.
Thought all these birds had gone south by this time of year.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-27-2021, 05:35 AM   #22627

Just got in from clearing off a couple of inches of crusty stuff off the panels and mom's car .............35.8 @ 4:15 and surging ahead to a whopping 36 now . Predicted high today is .....35 ! WNW @ 12 kts
I'm bringing out the heater squad to help out.

Lloyd
I predict Orrin will win easily , which isn't a good thing when the race is cold and sno*
I would suggest all shipments "in my general direction" be directed towards his neck of the woods and Terry and I will enjoy anything that makes it past Orrin.....doesn't sound like a very good deal for me but I have the Atlantic so will be warmer anyhow. RonJH really screwed up this year on the boxed heat so he will need a few waves of that "in my general direction" too.

The girls sure look happy . (the drinks may be responsible) with kitchen duty. AND your rig sure looks bigger inside this year too !!!!
I just had my usual to eat but the crew is enjoying another raspberry danish , They're a good crew although kinda noisy at times cawww cawwwwwww. (I think they're actually trying to order their food Raw Raw ??)

Gordon
All that waiting and you're just going back already ?????
(It's really about the seat time isn't it ? )

The least you could do is pick up Mr. moose on the return trip...

V8 club convention time again already !
Old 11-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #22628

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning! 28 now, headed to 45. Badgers are playing at Minnesota today. If they win, they clinch the Big 10 west. Are they up to take on Ohio State? YES.

I did not know there was a competition to achieve the coldest temps. If there is, I don't want to win it. Heck, I don't even want to come close.

Linda and I had pizza with old motorcycle friends yesterday and had a great time. Last evening, we had a fire in the fire place. Linda fell asleep, but woke up to go to bed.

We are going out for breakfast this morning at Gus's Diner in Verona, and then to pick up some bathroom sink caulk. Pretty mundane stuff today, and watch the Badgers.

I have yet to fully recover from the fall I took in October. Still have some back pain from that damn blood clot near my spine. Doc said it could take a year. Still getting around and going to work.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:48 AM   #22629

Good morning all!!

52*, headed for 81*,,,, no clouds to be found. Did have wind again yesterday, not as high as Thursday but still blowing.

RonJ, yup sounds like the sn*w has found you! Better get ready.

Popeye, yes the ladies were cooking with wine. To my knowledge none of it actually made it into the food! They were all in a good mood.

Got the Jeep washed yesterday, was sort of silly as we go back out tomorrow. It is very dusty out there,,,, no rain in a very long time. I asked around a few people and nobody can remember the last rain. I recall last year they went just a few days short of 8 months without rain.

Got our bicycles out yesterday and participated in the everday 3:30pm park bike ride. Small group yesterday. Will do the same again today. Sort of a tradition in this park, as some of us ride, those on their porches, patios, golfcarts, etc cheer us on.

Went past the Walmart yesterday,,,,,,, Black Friday in full affect,,,, parking lot was jammed!!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 11-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #22630

Orrin
It's just geography , and those arctic blasts sure don't need a GPS to get to your neighborhood ! You're not in Montana but way closer to that stuff than Terry and me. Guess you must be used to it though saying you didn't want to win the cold contest (which didn't exist until Lloyd's post) , we just aren't able to snowbird and are lucky to live in the NE . I assure you we don't want to win either !!!!!!!!!.

I lived in Death Valley for several months but stupidly neglected to box up any of the heat (I had a big class A then , coulda fit a lot of boxes without going over GVW too !)

Lloyd
Green with envy , the party and the jeep rides.....
and the rig , the bikes ,,,,,,,,,,,, well you get the idea . AND YES , you should clean that little red wagon , you want it to last forever right ?
Old 11-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #22631

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Wait I'm competitive but I don't want to "win" that competition ether! 24* at the present time with a wind chill of 15* got a little of the hard white rain more predicted for sun night, fired up the shop heat for the first time this fall, (is it winter yet?) Getting the plow truck ready, I'm late, usually it's ready to go by now, Click image for larger version

Name:	20211127_104627.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	349929
Old 11-27-2021, 09:35 AM   #22632

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
A quick check of the weather station at home shows a temperature of 19F. Not too bad and not in the running for the coldest. Last winter was not too bad as the temperatures seemed to be quite reasonable. My recollections of working outside on the survey crew were not of such moderate temperatures. The stories we can tell about the "good old days" were not all good.

Yes will get some seat time. Big item will be the brush burning. With the white covering it is fairly safe to burn. Summer regulations are quite stringent so winter burning is preferred. With a big enough fire it can be pleasant.

Sun is up and the day looks great. Looks like there is going to be some window washing going on today.

Have a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #22633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Good morning! 28 now, headed to 45. Badgers are playing at Minnesota today. If they win, they clinch the Big 10 west. Are they up to take on Ohio State? YES.
Ohio State is not unbeatable.
U of M 42, OH ST 27.
Old 11-28-2021, 03:23 AM   #22634

Poured first cup of coffee. 27° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with cloudy skies. Got about 4" of snow yesterday. Cleaned walkways around 3 o'clock. Went out 2 hour later and it needed cleaning again. Will get at that today. Got tractor ready for winter. Snow blade is on and all joints greased. It will get used later today. Put Christmas tree up today.
Finished making and installing pole rack for Mule. No more pole sticking out side of mule waiting to get caught on something.

Yesterday's sunrise.

Popeye, I think all us that stayed in cold country are all going to need some help from our friends in warm climate with warmth this winter.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:51 AM   #22635

19+35 , It was a very good year......but now it's froze over.
All orb , till 9am then clouding back up . I'll get some gain out of the short time visible through the thin spot in the timber over yonder....RH 86% but dropping to 40s when the temp gets above 32. Winds start out below 5 W swinging to SW in early pm and all N by midnight. That is all and that's enough.

RonJH
Nice , are those white things some kind of dense closed cell foam ? That would work for my metal detector too ! But no mule.....

I told the Waveys to make sure nobody fell on the ice and the dancers sure liked the warmth. Clapton was here with John Mayer and ....Roy Clark !

Closed the show with Gary Muledeer
Old 11-28-2021, 05:42 AM   #22636

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
RonJH
Nice , are those white things some kind of dense closed cell foam ? That would work for my metal detector too ! But no mule.....
[/url]
It's HDPE. King Starboard. Most of what I have is remnants from replacing wood and vinyl things on my boats. I bought full sheets and scraps from a local manufacturing company that made components for Sea Ray boats. It machines with same tools as you would use on hardwood like Oak. I does not fade or warp like other plastics do. It is dense enough to drill and tap. It does not like to be glued or painted.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:41 AM   #22637

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning! Ronj, well as it turns out Wisconsin is not unbeatable either. Well, looking forward to the Packers.

BTW I like the shot of your farm showing off the mule.

Linda is giving me a haircut this morning. I don't pay her, but I have to work it off in trade. Then we go out and split a breakfast burrito.

More leaves are coming down and we have a yard full again. The yard crew are coming back in Dec. We are still snow free, just a dusting that evaporated the next day. Ponds are starting to ice over though. North of us there is some snow cover.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #22638

RonJH
That sounds even better than my guess !

I invent non existent things all the time.
The people at the hardware store have gotten to know better than to ask me what I want something for. (EX: my flying upside down bike rack)

When I was building things for shows ,,,it was funny to see them try to figure out just exactly WHAT I was talking about,,,a world that only a few out of the industry comprehend.

I enjoy that too much , don't I ?
Those Radio Shack "answer" guys didn't stand a chance of getting there.......

Orrin
I so much love ...
When it all melts right away.

Yesterday's white didn't quite get there...
And SO it begins...
185 days to go.
Clipper next weekend....