Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2022, 08:15 PM   #23031

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, I think I would get a cot, to get you off the ground in rattlesnake country! At least make them work to get in your bed! I copied this,,,
"Pour white vinegar around*the perimeter of any body of water or tent, for a natural snake repellent. Lime: Create a mixture of snake repellent lime and hot pepper or peppermint and pour it around the perimeter of your home or property. Snakes don't like the smell of the mixture and the fumes are also itchy on their skin." Have Fun! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2022, 03:12 AM   #23032

Drinking first cup of hot coffee. 5° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 17° with mostly cloudy skies. Got snow plow on tractor. Plowed about 6" of snow. Sure is nice to see clean white snow. Got my recumbent exercise bike out of front porch and into dining room. Rode it for 20 minutes and 8 miles. Need to get up to 10 miles. May take a few days to get to that. Laundry is on the list today. May get a few negatives scanned between loads. Also have a timer switch to install for yard light. I keep forgetting to turn it off after letting Sassy out.
Tufted Titmouse.

RonS, I agree with Rail. But take everything out of Tracker and sleep in there. Put all the stuff that is in back of Tracker in tent. Have a great trip.

Gordon, 70°'s. My kind of weather.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:37 AM   #23033

25+30 NW@<5

Old 01-25-2022, 08:10 AM   #23034

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! -9* here, headed to +8* with clear skies. BRRRRR.

Went to get tested for Covid Monday morning, no results yet. I am feeling pretty sick though.

Ron, Sassy will do just fine as long as she is with you. Please keep a leash on her at all times. There are lots of predators out there in the wild.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:05 PM   #23035

RonS, I meant to say Pebbles.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 01-26-2022, 03:16 AM   #23036

Poured first cup of hot coffee. -6° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 18° with partly cloudy skies. Got laundry and other household things done yesterday. Got timer switch installed. Was a little more job than I expected. One of the switches in the gang box was an old porcelain switch. Did not allow enough room for new timer switch. Cleaned up wiring and put new switch and timer in.
I think this guy was playing peek a boo.

Orrin, I think Sassy would enjoy a camping trip with Pebbles.

Popeye, no warmth to send your way.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:27 AM   #23037

Gulf Streamers Club
Interesting story about a dog out in the desert at night without a leash. Got up last night at 4am to pee. Pebbles was in sleeping bag on cot. Did not think to close tent zipper. When I got back to tent, no Pebbles. Went out looking with my little flashlight I had with me. Nothig. Could not call for her because it is 4am and others were sleeping in their tents. Got bigger, better flashlight from truck and continued looking. In a few more minutes I spotted her, nose down and just checking the area. Followed her around for 15 minutes or so, she would not come to me. Remember, I could not call to her to come to me. Finally, on one of our rounds of the campground, we were pretty close to Tracker. I went over to truck and got into driver seat. Patted my thigh. She came over and got into truck with me. Got her leash on and much petting ensued. Back to our tent at 4:30am. Took me a while but got back to sleep finally and woke after 7am and found Frank already up and campfire going. Lessons learned. Might get a motion light for collar that I can put on Pebbles for night time.

Overnight test was successful. 54 years since last time I spent the night in a tent. Lessons learned. For instance, that 54" TV was just too big. Next time, a 32" will be fine.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:37 AM   #23038

RonS
I had a little flashing red light in the shape of a Milkbone that clipped to my dog's collar. It might still be around here ,,,somewhere? I think I got it at an ACE Hdw..

Big screen TVs are thin but still take up too much room and WHERE do you hang it ????? 2 words for being in a tent,,,,,,,,, Projector TV !

Rattlers hibernate in the winter so don't worry too much 'bout them ! (I'm not so sure 'bout those little scorpions though).....
That's why I advised to take a blacklight , they GLOW like a glow stick under it's beam !!!!!!!! And don't forget to check out yer boots afore slippin into 'em....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RonJH
If you don't have any warm,,,,,,
Save the cold up for summah !

Orrin
These days....
Being negative can be a good thing !
Good Luck.

Curtis , Bobby , WD , bap and any others I can't remember right now........?
Where are you ?
TIME FOR UPDATES ??????????????????????????????????

I started to go to the gym this morning, but I couldn’t find my membership card. A new card is $10. A donut and coffee were $3. Guess who saved $7?
Old 01-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #23039

Good morning!!! -15* here, headed to 17*, all sun.

I still don't have results from Covid test. The rapid at home test are not available anywhere. I have called around. Belay that. I just got a call from the clinic that my Covid test was negative. I am confused.

Hard to type this as my eyes are so clouded with puss, that everything is in a fog. Doctor said some Zyrtec should clear it up, well it hasn't.

Rons, glad you found Pebbles. There are other predators out there, coyotes and bob cats to name a couple. Glad you had a good time. Nothing like proof of concept.

Popeye, RonJ, Ann, sorry I don't have any warm weather to send your way.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 01-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #23040

Good morning!

Still dark out, getting ready for Wednesday Jeep run.

Fun time camping. We keep our tent zipped and sealed, no Copperheaded-Rattle-Mocasins slithering in our tent. Also keeps the dust out. We had a good experience, we were warm and comfy. However it did feel good to return here and shower etc.. No changes needed for our real trip next month, beyond packing a few other items. Within one hour of the sun coming up it went from cold to comfy with no sweatshirt.

Tomorrow we are getting together with Gordon and Janet and others taking a motorcycle ride. Got our bike unloaded yesterday and prepped for the road. Should be fun. It has been a few years since Deb went on the bike. I ride a lot during the summer, but on different bikes 1 up.

Orrin, feel better!!

Have a great day all! Gotta run!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:34 AM   #23041

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another lovely day on the way.

Glad the test camping went well. We still have several tents of differing sizes but havent used them for a while. Have camprests (self inflating air mattress) that are very comfortable. Although only an inch thick have slept comfortably in a gravel pit. Upgraded years ago to a tent trailer that I can tow behind the bike. It was more comfortable as we did not have to get up off of the ground and we could stand to get dressed. We used it a couple years ago to go camping with the family for a weekend. Now that covid is going away we hope to be able to get out a bit more.

Golfed yesterday. Spending time at the driving range helped.

Planning a short motorcycle ride on Thursday. So far 11 (8 bikes) people have indicated interest in going out to Welton for lunch at the golf course. Going the back way and are able to avoid the interstate.

Have a great day.

May the best of your yesterday be the worst of your today.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #23042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post
Good morning!!! -15* here, headed to 17*, all sun.

I still don't have results from Covid test. The rapid at home test are not available anywhere. I have called around. Belay that. I just got a call from the clinic that my Covid test was negative. I am confused.

Hard to type this as my eyes are so clouded with puss, that everything is in a fog. Doctor said some Zyrtec should clear it up, well it hasn't.
RSV is another virus that is going around.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:22 PM   #23043

Good Morning

Nothing earth shaking going on with us. 20* in the cold North. Took a hot shower and then went out for a haircut with my neighbor. Got our local ads with a $9.99 haircut coupon. Then to the vitamin store. Sams and Walmart. Regular senior haircut if $15.00. Couldn't believe what my neighbor did. He drove out of his driveway through big ice snow boulders. Front wheel drive. Then when he came home got stuck trying to drive through the ice and snow boulders. DH tried to help him get unstuck. Had to stop and get DD from work. His friend was able to push him out on the street. Says he can't shovel because of his shoulder. When we came home a crew of men were finishing up clearing out his driveway. Next week we are going to have a day of 40* temps and then rain. Hope it melts all the snow away. Then it will flood. Ornin,seems like to me that you have an eye infection. Time to see an eye DR. My eye DR. has a couple of emergency eye apts. available each day. Glad you survived your tent camping. I'm a spoiled brat. Just give me my custom mattress in my HiLo. Probably wouldn't sleep a wink on a flimsy air mattress. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 09:23 PM   #23044

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
RSV is another virus that is going around.
Related to CRS??
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote