Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2022, 10:03 AM   #23479

Gulf Streamers Club
No go this morning. Frank's Alfa did not crank. We have been checking and still no crank. Yesterday morning in Big Bend it did not crank and he started generatgor and then it cranked and started. This morning generator would not start. I jumped and itx started but would die when trying to start coach? We have checked voltage and wiring and grounds, no bueno. He is calling a mobile mechanic now. Beautiful day here, just very windy. More to report as it develops.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2022, 12:29 PM   #23480

Gulf Streamers Club
Update. Frank's coach is back running again. Mobile mechanic diagnosed bad starting batteries and replaced. 1:30 pm so we will sit this one out and get back on the road tomorrow.

ron and pebbles
Old 04-13-2022, 12:42 PM   #23481

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Update. Frank's coach is back running again. Mobile mechanic diagnosed bad starting batteries and replaced. 1:30 pm so we will sit this one out and get back on the road tomorrow.

ron and pebbles
Good on the diagnosis and repair. Batteries are cheap in the grand scheme of things.

We are getting due for tires and batteries on our coach. This summer will likely be the trigger.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:41 PM   #23482

Goooodmorning!!!

Ron H is fine. Life is busy right now like all of us. We talked this morning.
I reminded him that his photos are like good coffee for some of us, busy or not.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:28 PM   #23483
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Ron H is fine. Life is busy right now like all of us. We talked this morning.
I reminded him that his photos are like good coffee for some of us, busy or not.
Harv, Thanks for letting us know. His photos are always a positive start to the day.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #23484

Gulf Streamers Club
While we are at it, Harvey, your posts on Jane site are also sweetener in our morning coffee routine. Your turn of phrase is often catching. haha. And pictures are always welcome from everyone. Easy relaxing day. After Frank's coach fixed. Two naps. And I got up late for me: 6am. Couple of hundred miles tomorrow, to Junction, Texas. Been a long time since I was there and both times stayed at South Llano River State Park. Easy walk to Llano River there and they always had a very large wild turkey population. And a star party put on my local amateurs with telescopes they shared. Need to check and see if that is still going on. Wonderful trip heading home so far. Left on April 1, ten days ago. Always enjoy traveling with Frank and Rita.

Lynne and Jerry, got some updates from you, including that you had gotten back home. Answered but my phone would not send from Big Bend. Glad your trip went well and that you enjoyed the journey. Gordon and Janet, also glad yoy made it home, even if it is still cold there. Chuck, this is not a contest to see who can have the most breakdowns on the way home. That record is still being held by Tim and Joe on their return to the frozen north. I have developed only two small glitches on this trip home. I have a coolant leak up front, passenger side. Most likely heater core. Need to get under bed to access and put in a valve to shut off coolant lines to front. And my two gauges on dash for voltage on house and chassis batteries are off. Two chassis battery gauges read low, house batteries read fine. This is when coach running. Checked voltage at batteries and all is OK there. Will be looking at bad ground under bed when I am there installing shut-off valve for coolant to heater core. Always something.

9:35 here so time to walk Pebbles and get ready for bed. Travelers stay safe out there and enjoy the journey. Prayers for those in need.

ron and pebbles
Old 04-13-2022, 09:45 PM   #23485

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Always something new when one travels. About 8:35 PM this evening my phone, followed by Denise's about 20 seconds later announced via emergency broadcast that there was a severe Tornado warning for the immediate area and that we should get into our basement, or a concrete building, and if we were not able to do that we should immediately vacate the area. At that point it was raining so hard that we could not see the entrance to our site about 25 feet away. We just continued goofing off playing games on our computers.

Strange things go through one's mind at that point. You always hear people claim that a Tornado sounds like a freight train going by at really high speed. With the almost continuous flashes of lightning and constant cacophony of thunder rolls one on top of another it would be hard to pick out a different sound in the night. BTW I have never heard thunder this constant or loud. Way too exciting to be afraid of to my way of thinking.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:57 AM   #23486

43+47 soggy with more on the way , no orb. ~E@<10
All I see is mud mud mud mud....and rats with wings (gulls).

Everybody wanted to pole dance today but .
Nobody wanted to set up the pole !
So.............. CHORUS LINE

Gordon
It's spelled SNO* ever notice that the middle part spells NO ? arrrrrgh

I think Lloyd and Deb take the prize for breakdowns on the way home with their sleigh ride on the median.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:26 AM   #23487

OK , we have a report on RonJH. THX Harv.

Maybe I missed it but did anybody say anything about Tim and Walter? errr , I mean Joe.

MOOSE !!!
You hear any trains ?
I was in an early am storm in Hondo TX. like that. (It was on my last trip through the RGV where Ron and Frank are now...)
We got up, opened the dash curtain and just sat it out watching the show.. Big Mick + Metallica couldn't have out flash and boomed THAT 2 hour extravaganza !
The campground had buildings , but not very close to our site
Old 04-14-2022, 08:44 AM   #23488

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Popeye, no trains and boy did it get quiet after the front passed.

All orb and blue sky showing through the tall trees right now.

The park workers are out picking up the blow down as we sit watching from our picnic table.

Getting ready to head to the Bird Dog for breakfast.
Old 04-14-2022, 09:25 AM   #23489

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 34, headed to 44 with high winds, 23-40 mph then cold for the next 9 days.

Harv, thanks for letting us know Ron is fine. I like his posts.

Going to PT today.

Very happy that all of you survived the storms, they went south and north of us. All we got was some light rain.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #23490

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
All is well here.

We are having Easter here. Part of the tradition is an Easter Egg hunt. Even for the adults! Except for Janet and I cause we are hiding the eggs. Wait, if I hid them now I would be able to look for them on Sunday. Thankfully the SNO* has melted so there will not be rabbit tracks to the hiding places. Janet wants to make it really difficult for the "olders" to find their eggs. We started assigning colors to the eggs so the "olders" did not ruin it for the "youngers", no one was allowed to pick up eggs that were not theirs. Normally we get them to draw for the color but it looks like the "olders" will be assigned a color. I think this will be a Janet directed endeavor. I do have some diabolical hiding places.

Happy to hear RonJ is keeping busy. Gave us a bit of a worry.

Glad the batteries fixed Frank's ride. Hope the gauge and shutoff go well for Ron. Would there be any benefit to putting the shutoff near the front. It should prevent any warm water from travelling from the rear and if close enough it may be possible to add a dash control for adjusting on the fly.

Checked. Plants are not up. What are they waiting for? They were up by this time last year!!

Talked to my broker yesterday. Their analysts are suggesting we are in a long period of high prices. Hope they are wrong.

Did taxes yesterday. No joy in Mudvale. Both of us have to pay. Will be filing at the last possible moment.

Today starting on business accounts and taxes. Another joyful event.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2022, 03:41 PM   #23491

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Gordon, whenever I owed more than they collected I would send in the paperwork right away and include a post dated cheque for the last day you had available to pay by. If they wanted my money they were going to pay someone to babysit my payment.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:59 AM   #23492

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 32, headed to 44. Possible snow on Monday.

Meeting motorcycle buds for lunch. We will talk about Karl's death.

Linda and I are in a dispute about whether to paint and repair the siding we have, cedar, or to put up LP Smart side. Neither of us will give an inch. Doing nothing is not a good option. Me, no maintenance siding, her paint.

Gordon, Moose, having the income where you need to pay taxes is a good thing. Certainly, better than living in poverty where you owe no tax. Don't tax me, don't tax thee, tax the man behind the tree.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote