Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2022, 06:41 AM   #23815

Lloyd IS BACK on the forum !!
Good to hear from YOU !
Keep poundin' that ice cream !
New van with no extra $

61+73 , all orb ,SW@<15 ,,,the skies will NOT be cloudy all day...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2022, 07:38 AM   #23816

Lloyd it's good to see your voice again. We're glad you and Deb are up and getting after it after this rough part of the row to hoe.

We talked to Barb yesterday and the news about Dennis hit hard. We're all old and getting older. One of the hazards of aging is we're not as healthy as we once were.

We got a little rain this morning, trace or less. Ten miles north of us across the Red River they've been inundated with storms the last week. Now we're all preparing for at least a week of record heat. It is what it is.

Be kind.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #23817

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 46, headed to 74. Wind is S at 5 mph.

Lloyd, so good to see your post.

DSDP, welcome aboard. Post often so we get to know you.

Dennis and Denise, what can I say, but that you two are in our thoughts.

Great day for golf this afternoon. We are going to play the Orchards and get the fish fry there after golf.

Just had Sophie at the dog park this morning in Sister's Bay. A bigger dog was hogging the ball and Sophie laid down next to it. When the other stopped concentrating on the ball for a split second Sophie scooped it up and was off to the races. The other dog was very upset and started howling and chasing after. It was a hoot.

Ronj, I am just careful when I get up and give myself a second to adjust. June 14th is my 75th birthday, it will be good to have a full moon.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #23818

Good Morning

Doesn't take much to make me happy!! DH got the HiLo across from our house. Hooked up electric and the television worked as designed. Antenna repair worked. Went with DH to mow our lot. Picked up some trash and held the contractor bag open for donations. Lot mostly dry with just a little wet. Filled two 42gal. bags with grass. I call them barn busters. Packed a few things in the HiLo . Getting ready for a Sunday departure. Weather forecast has changed for the better...some 80* days. DH needs to set up his elaborate soaker hose lay out in the garden. Prayers for all those in need. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 03:09 AM   #23819

Drinking first cup of coffee. 50° with a few clouds this morning. Heading to 76° with a mix of sun and clouds. Grass got mowed yesterday. Started trimming trees along west fence line. Will continue that today.
Sun shinning thru dew soaped Wild Asparagus plant.

Llyod, good to see you posting again. Keep getting back to good health.

Moose, special prayers continue for you and Denise.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-11-2022, 04:25 AM   #23820

Good morning all!

Mostly cloudy, 66" headed for 87*.

Thanks everyone!

Very difficult to get comfortable, therefore sleep is a challange. Makes the nights very long.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-11-2022, 04:54 AM   #23821

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good to see you posting Lloyd, been there on trying to sleep in a comfortable position, a good recliner always works for me.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:58 AM   #23822

Good morning!!! 47, headed to 66 with rain later.

Played golf yesterday and had dinner at the golf club. Great fish fry and best deal in Door County.

I was too tired to build a campfire last night besides that, my back hurt. I have a tens unit on it now.

Lloyd, when I piled up my motorcycle I had to sleep in a recliner for a month and a half. I feel your pain.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 06-12-2022, 03:13 AM   #23823

Poured first cup of coffee. 60° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 79° with partly cloudy skies. Got tree trimming done with help of 2 neighbors. Going to need to put chipper on tractor. Limb pile is very large. Some house cleaning today before I get visitors later today.
Field next to house has taken a beating for the rain and wind we have gotten lately. Looks like sea waves.

Llyod, after my arm surgery I was unable to sleep in a bed for 6 months. Electric recliner was the only way I could find some comfort.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:39 AM   #23824

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. 76 + 106 today. Summer starts in 9 days. All good here. Still working on projects every day. Slow progress. Outside in the mornings and inside the rest of the day. Cataract surgery on left eye was good. I can see out of that eye now without glasses. But I have to wear glasses for right eye. Looking forward to getting right eye surgery done on June 23 I hope. Then new glasses.

Lloyd, glad you are able to get back on forum. Hope you find a way to get some comfortable way to sleep. When I cracked ribs in 2015 on last day of re-painting Gulfstream motorhome I also had difficulty sleeping. And we left on RV trip to NM and CO in three days after fall. No recliner in motorhome. You and Debbie take care.

Looking at weather it seems Frank will need to get used to the heat again when he gets back to Arizona. Cold nights in Michigan. Sounding like a great trip so far seeing so much and being able to visit with so many friends. Keep Rita happy and you will be happy.

Harbor Freight this morning. A little maintenance on one of the garage apartments this afternoon. Using so much water out of door of refrigerator that I need to change water filter. That will be today too.

Time to get at it. Travelers stay safe and enjoy the journey. Prayers for those in need..

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 03:07 AM   #23825

Coffee is almost done brewing. 56° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 83° with partly cloudy skies. Friend from the company I retired from arrived late afternoon. Lots of old fishing and work stories. Off to Gilmore Car Museum today.
Ate to much over the weekend.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-13-2022, 05:11 AM   #23826

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,

We are in Cadillac after a nice sight seeing tour of Mackinac Island and surrounding area.finally some heat, going to mid to upper 70s today, maybe even up to low 90s within a couple days. YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron'S,
Glad your eye surgery was a success, and praying for an equally successful outcome on the other eye.

Lloyd,
Happy to see you back on the forum, praying for your continued healing, and to get back to your old self.

RonJ,
Looks like we will see you on the 22nd.

Orin,
Enjoy your trip

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:27 AM   #23827

Good morning! On my 2nd cup of coffee on the first Monday of my full retirement. Thinking of many things I need to accomplish before we head out later this week for a 9 day beach trip. Have a good week all!
Saltyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #23828

GOOD MORNING!!! 54, headed to 85.

Got home from Door County on Sunday. Trip went well and everything worked as it should. Knock on wood. Busy unpacking and doing laundry.

Saltyguy, welcome and tell us more about yourself.

Frank, Warm weather is nice. About 78 is wear I would set the weather control at if I were king.

Rons, Linda had cataract surgery a couple years ago. Easy peasey for her and no glasses for the most part.

Now that I have retired, I have places to go and things to do.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI