Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM   #23927

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 57, headed to 85 today. It got there.

Had a very busy day. I just retired and I feel too busy for a part time job.

Turned on my new computer for the first time. It took an hour to set up. Still like my old Acer though. Then I went to fill out paperwork for my new job. We are still negotiating pay. It's something I want to do, but not at what they are willing to pay.

Played eucher with old high school buds at noon today, then hurried to the store for groceries and fixed dinner with Linda for our bridge partners.

Just no settled down for bed, at 10:30.

Gordon, I hit golf balls at the range and my rhythm is off. Could not hit worth a darn. Linda played in her work league and played lights out golf and beat the men.

Popeye, we could use some showers here. Send some my way.

Frank and Ann, dentist trips are not fun.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2022, 03:08 AM   #23928

Coffee is brewing. 57° with some clouds this morning. Heading to 90° with partly cloudy skies. Got .17" of rain yesterday morning. Drove up to small nursery to get the Spirea shrubs and cleaned up all the limb trimmings yesterday. Grocery shopping got moved to today. Going to get started on planting shrubs today before it gets to hot to be outside.
Blue Birds are building their nest in bird house.

Orrin, my first couple of months after retirement was very hectic. After that things settled down to a pattern that was very relaxing to me.

Gordon, hope Dr finds help for your cough.

Popeye, enjoy the warmer weather.

Ann, trying to make changes to a older homes can be very trying at times.

Frank, no fun doing dentist appointments even if they are done by family.

Lloyd, rain in forecast is what I need up here in Michigan.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:16 AM   #23929

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Cough seems to be improving. Dr gave me a prescription and inhaler. One shot of the inhaler has made it much better. Still coughing but it is looser.

Rough cut neighbors back yard. Pleasant time just sitting and only having to steer. Quite relaxing. Going to jinx myself but for the first time did not get bitten by a wasp. Every time before I got at least one bite. Count my blessings and buy a lottery ticket!

Sun is out. Have a day without any commitments. Will be going out to the garden and doing some weed control. Only two hills of potatoes did not come up.

Weather is still fairly cool. Need some warmth to make the watermelon grow. Brussel sprouts are doing fine as is the rest of the garden.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:54 AM   #23930

Good Morning

Got fresh zuccine out of the garden. DH has to have gum recession work. First he got new xrays that showed a cavity under an old filling. The they do some surgery to take some of his inner cheek and suture it to the needed area on his gum. More $. My girlfriend says you can't take it with you. You have to spend some along the way!! Never saw a uhaul behind a hearse!! I am off to podiatry and shopping. Maybe a haircut. Take care Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:38 PM   #23931

Good morning!!! 65, made it to 89 today. Very dry here. I have started to water the lawn. I hate to do it, but it is necessary. Neighbor has under ground sprinklers that are hooked to a computer that measures soil moister and can selectively water certain area or the whole lawn. I use sprinklers and a garden hose.

Gordon, glad that your cough is getting better. Grow some water melon for me, I love it. When we were kids on the farm, I survived on water melon, sweet corn, and hamburgers al summer long.

Ann, I never liked zucchini much. Glad that you do.

Ronj, very cool picture of blue bird building a nest.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 07-01-2022, 03:14 AM   #23932

Poured first cup of coffee. 61° with some a few clouds this morning. Heading to 82° with thunderstorms mid day. Got grocery shopping done and filled gas tank in car. Planted all the shrubs. They will need lots of watering with how dry it is. Need to do some garden pond maintenance today. If it stays cooler today I will put Chipper on tractor and get started on pile of limbs.
Field grass has grown very tall this year.

Gordon, your wasp comment reminds me that there is a wasp nest on house overhang I need to take down. Glad cough is getting better.

Ann, problem with zucchini. There is always way to much.

Orrin, grass is turning brown here also. But I will not be watering it. Except for new grass I planted this spring.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:10 AM   #23933

61+79 = it's 67 and will break 80 for at least a week.
some clouds , SSW@<15 , humidity 60% uptah camp OH AYUH !

Old 07-01-2022, 05:02 AM   #23934

Good morning all!

Overcast, 70* headed for 85*. Rain in the forecast past few days has not shown up. Maybe today? I did wash the van yesterday.

Glad the cough is getting better Gordon! Get well.

Yesterday Deb had doctors 3rd test for her stomach issues,,,, today we got to doctors to hear results and hopefully a recomended plan.

Popeye,,,,,, 80* sounds like middle of summer for you! It is nearly the 4th!

Have a great day all!
Old 07-01-2022, 07:07 AM   #23935

Oh ayuh Lloyd
The tourist portion of the program begins on father's day but
she usually stahts by th' 4th . 4th till Labah Day is about it.
We usually just get a few tastes in June... (June 1st is the point where the knotted muscles relax and I can forget where my shovel is.......as you all know by now) and a few more tastes in September.
So basically 2 months till it gits iffy again... unless a himmicane makes the scene. Once onna those come through , it's a quick slide downhill. Was wondering if you might use some of that fence paint to cover the shop roof with a giant detour sign pointing east ?
Old 07-01-2022, 07:27 AM   #23936

Good morning!!! 64, headed to 83. Continues to be very dry. I will start watering again late this afternoon and through the evening. Gives water a chance to soak in before the sun comes up.

Plan on playing nine holes of golf today, check and water all of the coach batteries, and work on those 4 lights.

Popeye, enjoy your start to the summer. It starts with a BANG on the 4th.

Lloyd, I hope that Deb gets good news from the doctor.

Ronj, that wood pile all chipped up should make good mulch.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 07-01-2022, 08:25 AM   #23937

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning
Happy Canada Day! Wearing my red shirt and thinking good thoughts about the future.

Sun is out. Predicting some showers and t-storms later.

Weeded the garden yesterday. Does not take long if you do it regularly. Funny that!!

Today is going to be a do what I want day. May do something useful or than again maybe not.

Have a great day

Old 07-02-2022, 03:13 AM   #23938

Drinking first cup of coffee. 47° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 83° with mostly sunny skies. It threatened to storm most of the day yesterday. Did a good one that left .43" of rain. Got pond taken care of before storms moved in. Putting chipper on today. Neighbor is coming over to help with chipping limb pile. No other plans.
Yesterdays sunrise.

Llyod, hope Deb got a good Dr. report.

Gordon, I preach to my neighbors. If you see a weed. Pull it now. Keeps gardens almost weed free. I do use Preen in flower gardens.

Popeye, do you have black flies if you go north before early July?

Everyone have a great and safe holiday weekend.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:37 AM   #23939

70+81 rain am. and cloudy pm. sea 61

Black flies everywhere uptah camp. No need to go north from here !
It's been mostly dry which helps with all the bloodsuckers....

Old 07-02-2022, 07:50 AM   #23940

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Day of various odds and ends of tasks attempted yesterday. One of those days where you work on one thing and then see another thing that could be fixed or adjusted. Feeling pretty good about the amount of completions.

Raining today. Invited to a BBQ at my nephews later today. He is a competition griller so there is going to be really good food.

Rain is supposed to stop around noon but will not get overly warm. Fortunately mowed the lawn a couple days ago so able to look out and see the next mowing cycle being prepared. Thought about fertilizing and overseeding this spring but that is still on the to do list.

Popeye - one of my work locations was in black fly country. Turns out I am somewhat allergic to their bite. Swell up like a balloon at the bite location. Doctor friend suggested I take vitamin B complex to discourage them from biting. Anecdotally it seemed to work. Seems to help with mosquitoes as well so I take complex B every day. As well anecdotally I have observed that while i dont get bit a lot I do react more strongly to stinging bites since "the shots".

Decided we will have a cooked breakfast and then skip lunch in preparation for dinner tonight. I am going to do bacon, eggs and french toast.

Have a great day and a safe July 4 weekend wherever you may be travelling to what you are doing.

Have a great day.