Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #23941

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Well made it into Freeport for First Saturday. Lots of small vendors set up all over town. Stopped by my favorite bakery "When Pigs Fly" lots of goody's.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2022, 05:58 PM   #23942

Gulf Streamers Club
Freeport Maine? You set to meet up with Popeye there?

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 09:58 PM   #23943

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 58, made it to 85. Had a few sprinkles late this afternoon.

Got. awning on MH adjusted. Neighbor helped. Also got the 2nd safety alert fixed in the MH that was mounted under the dinette table. Never knew it was there. The wires were never connected at the factory. Go figure? Got derailed trying to get those four accent lights to work. I don't think they are getting power. Drives me nuts mentally.

I hope Deb's results from the doctor were good.

Bill, there is also a Freeport, Illinois. Nobody goes there.

Popeye, we used to get black fly bites when we would be working in the marsh, bailing marsh hay. They bit like hell.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 03:27 AM   #23944

Sipping on first cup of coffee. 56° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 83° with mostly sunny skies. Got chipper on tractor and chipped about 1/3 of pile. Will work on pile some more today. Had another power outage for about 6 hours yesterday. Whole house generator ran without problems.
Bluebirds are staying close to birdhouse.

Orrin, Freeport, Michigan does not have a Frist Saturday event. But Freeport, Maine does. There are 15 places called Freeport in USA.

Bill, I can only imagine what kind of bake goods you can get at a place called When Pigs Fly.

Gordon, hope you did not overeat at the BBQ.

Popeye, try Gordon's blackfly deterrent. At a young age I leaned to not go above 45th parallel until after July 1.

Prayers and best wishes to everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:55 AM   #23945

Good morning all!

70* headed for 91*, Carolina Blue Sky! We got a tiny bit of rain last evening around 8pm. Not enough to count but it was wet outside.

Mowed the lawn yesterday,,,, second time and it went much better, healing is making progress. Thank goodness I have the offset flail mower on the tractor, I could not run a weed wacker for very long.

After dinner last night, family met at the local ice cream shop. Fun time, good ice cream.

Happy 4th of July weekend all.

Talked with RonS for over a hour the other day. Great to hear his voice. He has a lot of projects underway like me.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #23946

65+83 cloudy start and an all orb pm , WSW@<10 , 37% humid

Gordon
I swell up from bug bites too. I've been using Benadryl Gel and or 91% isopropyl alcohol on 'em.

I get B from a multi +nutritional yeast that I add to breakfast (along with the garlic ,tumeric , ginger , red pepper flakes , black pepper , pink salt ,and a little bit of Chachiere's Creole seasoning)

The absolute best cure is WINTAH , but I'm not too crazy 'bout that !

Bill
10-4 roger roger. 2 weeks ? ,,,, Still know how to get there .
(Cuz , contrary to rumors "You CAN get thayah , frum heah ! )
BTW , I hear that Blueberry closed down....

Pigs Fly huh ? Have you been to Frosty's ?(Go early or all the Bismarks will be gone !)
I lose control in places like that , my doc says it's BAD for me !
(Those things call me in my sleep ! It's true I tell ya ! )

I know you've been coming uptah camp for a while now but have you ever been to this place ....?
I compensate with Round Top Ice Cream when I take mom out for a ride to Pammy's I. C. Shop @ Mitchell Field in S. Harpswell !
And not just I.C. ,,,Sometimes Pammy sells Lobby Rolls too ! A different lunch special every day. (If you see the fire station , you just went too far>>>>>>>)
Mitchell was the deep water fuel depot for the Navy P3's and whatever else landed for fuel ... now a nice park on the ocean .
An Oyster co. recently moved in there too. They grow in tanks that have sea water pumped through.

OK Pammy's advert over ....her daughter is one of mom's CRMAs
and gives mom freebies sometimes if she's working .
Shhhhhhh ,,,Don't tell Pammy OK ?

Sorry M&G gang , I didn't get to take you there !
Lloyd , I think that place we went to sold Round Top !though
(It's a local dairy that makes their own I.C. ! )
I worked @ LakePemaquid CG where we got a free Round Top I.C. every day while on duty.

by the end of summer I even got one on my days off ,,,,,,that's some highly addictive substance right there ! OH AYUH !

Dr Popeye is glad to see you're "takin' your RX" like a good patient !
What were they thinkin' when they came up with that "apple a day" crap????
Old 07-03-2022, 08:04 AM   #23947

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
BBQ was great. Brisket, burnt ends and lollipop chicken. Along with corn bread muffins, coleslaw, potato salad, smoked broccoli, followed by watermelon and smores. Still not hungry!!

Started yesterday waking up to rain. Continued on until approximately 4 pm. According to the rain gauge we got just a hair over an inch. Stopped just in time to be able to sit out around the fire pit. Not everyone roasted marshmallows and made smores. Some ate their marshmallows raw. I was not able to try the marshmallows raw or in a smore but I did have a slice of watermelon.

Trying to drive as economically as possible. I am observing that judicious manual driving is able to get better mileage than using the cruise. Was able to get 29 mpg on the round trip to dinner. About 90 miles of combined city and highway (40/60} travel.

Sun is out this morning. Supposed to be nice for the day but showers tonight. Then more showers and rain predicted for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Golf planned on Tuesday but the 95% probability may require a rethink.

Lloyd - hope the doctors report was positive and they found an issue that is easily fixed. My doctor seems to have a combination of life style solutions and prescriptions. So far most of her life style suggestions have worked for me. This time i am working on an inhaler and a decongestant. Jury is out on the solution at the moment although I am feeling better but the cough still persists.

Ron - have the blue birds hatched? We have seen lots of duck hatchlings at the golf course. Fortunately they have managed to discourage the geese from nesting on the course by keeping the grass around the course cut. Also benefits those of us who do it the hard way and do not play the fairways.

Popeye - ice cream is the solution to many ills. The best part is the medicine tastes good. I always had a dream I would retire to a place that was in walking distance to a bakery and a delicatessen. My thoughts were to walk to the bakery and buy some buns, then to the delicatessen for sandwich fillings and home for lunch. Now I am going to add an ice cream shop close to the home digs as well!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:08 AM   #23948

Coffee is done brewing. 57° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 90° with a few clouds. Helped neighbor get Duce and Half ready for todays parade. The chipped some more of the limb pile. Went out in back field and chopped up some Thistles. Now that I am cutting back field there are fewer every year. Off to the the local 4th July parade. I have no other plans for today.

Gordon, I did not see the Bluebirds by the birdhouse yesterday. They may have been spooked away by generator running Saturday. It is about 50' away.

Popeye, that is a good mix to add to your breakfast.

Llyod, ice cream cures a lot of things.

Everyone have a Great 4th July and stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:00 PM   #23949

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 73, headed to 79 with until about 6pm. Should be OK for fireworks.

Went to Paoli yesterday and listened to live music outdoors, and drank local brew outside. Very good day.

Still found time to work on the 4 accent lights. While working on those I found a safety alert that was not working since new. The wires inside the coupler were not hooked up. Easy fix, now works. I suspect this may be the problem with the accent lights.

Popeye et al. ice cream fixes most everything. I have a passion for chocolate malts made by hand. Nothing better. Not good for the waistline though.

Gordon, you have had plenty of rain, please send some my way.

Deb, hope your doctor's visit went well.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:06 AM   #23950

Coffee is brewing. 65° with thunderstorms this morning. Heading to 87° with more thunderstorms and some clearing in afternoon. .35" of rain so far today. Had a great time at the parade yesterday. Then did a pork roast on BBQ/smoker for dinner with neighbors. Not sure what will get done today.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-05-2022, 05:32 AM   #23951

Good Morning,

It's been a while since I have posted but read every once in a while.

We finally got some rain through the night. I went to bed around midnight and it started softly then. Slept the rest of the night and it is still wet this morning. We really needed it. I don't think Jerry has mowed in over 2 weeks. The lawn was getting pretty brown. This should help a bit. Crops around here were looking mighty thirsty.

RonJ, I love your pictures. Animals and birds can be quite photogenic. Flowers too.

Lloyd, hope you are taking it easy so you can heal well. Hope they can resolve Deb's stomach issues too. Miss everyone from AZ but hoping we can all get there when the time comes.

I have been busy stripping the wax from the rig. When I first came here on IRV2 and we got our rig (seven years now) (wow), I knew nothing and read every thread I could read. The major advice was to use Zep industrial floor wax. I deoxidized the rig twice and then applied four coats of Zep. It sure did shine and looked great! It's been five years since I waxed it with Zep. Started yellowing and I did not like the look so decided to remove it.

It's back to looking off white now. I need to touch up some of the decals and then wax it again. I got 99% of the wax removed, have some spots I need to touch up where I missed getting it around items on the side walls. You know how you think you got it all and then look from a different angle and there are the spots you missed.

I got the front cap waxed with Torque wax. Very little shine and not sure why. Did two coats. Going to get the buffer out and see if that helps. Otherwise, I will need to find a different wax. Got the roof waxed too. Because it is a 2004 it sheds white down the sides if I don't.

Decided to head inside and clean up in there. Washed the walls and cupboards down, cleaned all the sinks, shower, and toilet. Washed the floor and vacuumed, washed the windows and the screens. Birds don't seem to respect how much work it is to wash these beasts. Should be fine for the couple camping events I have planned for the summer.

Garden seems to be doing fine. I have been watering it. Looking forward to fresh veggies when the time comes. Gas here was around $5.09 and is down now to $4,76.
Had 3/4 of a tank left in the rig.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Keep safe and hug someone today. Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:23 AM   #23952

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lynne great to see you posting on the thread. Bless your energy. I feel like such a slacker with all of the tasks you are doing.

Washed down the coach yesterday. Thinking I might start polishing it today. Have a product called PerfectIt from 3M that Lloyd uses. His coach is always really shiny so I am going to try as well. This might be a good day to do it as it is raining. Possibly a bit cool in the shed.

Supposed to rain most of the day. So far the gauge says 1/2". Gentle rain that is soaking in. Grass has turned nice and greeeeen. And groooowing rapidly. Downside fuel is still 7.72 for tractor fuel. I could burn farm fuel in it but its difficult to get a fuel permit. I can get fuel from a friend but the amount we use would not be worth the few cents we would save over the hassle to do the transfers.

Garden is doing well. Potatoes are starting to bloom. Will be doing some side excavating to see if there are new potatoes.

Cough seems to finally be getting better. Feeling better anyway.

Supposed to golf today but have changed it to tomorrow. Still a chance of rain but percentage is much lower. Going to be interesting as the course will be soft and the greens which are in great shape will be very receptive. Going to be difficult getting the stroke cost down.

Hope everyone had a great July 4 weekend.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:05 PM   #23953

Good Afternoon.

Gordon, I have done plenty of slacking too. Have to rest my hands after so much wax off.
I used the Torque because Lloyd suggested it. It works great on the Equinox and Jeep. Just not so good on the MH. Could be because you guys have woile body paint and I do not.

But I will be trying other products. Have also taught a couple CCW/CPL classes and cleaned out at the club. Cleaning things out around here and still looking for a different rig. Fixing meals for Eddie also. I love that old guy.

Anyway, I may try what you suggested next. Just know it will not be floor wax again.

Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 03:55 PM   #23954

Good Morning

Not a good day for DH as he has a liquid jello diet for his colonoscopy. We get rewards for colonoscopy.Physical and lots of other healthy things. Last year we got gift cards for Walmart and subway. DC'd this year the choices were crummy. Settled on Home Depot. Should have enough gift cards to put a dent in the price of a generator at Home Depot. Have to support DD after all.We always camp with electric. No utilities where we store the HiLo. DH scraped most of the windows of old caulk on the HiLo. The caulk pulled away and was replaced with Lexel caulk. One awning screw knob doesn't lock in place. Ordered new parts. DH says he doesn't know how to get the old knob off. I told him to get a hammer and just smash it!! Maybe that is why he is the only fix it person in our house. Looks like water pumps might grip it with force and it will turn. He has the exploded diagram. One major repair left to do on the HiLo. Plenty of other chores on the to do list. Did paper work for monthly reimbursement for DD. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote