Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2022, 03:09 AM   #23955

Poured first cup of coffee. 68° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 78° with some rain showers around noon. Worked on chipper pile yesterday. But it was so hot and humid that I went back in house. Will get back at it today.
Lots of different color Lilies blooming in my gardens. Some plants do not haver any leaves. Because a small red beetle got at them. But the flower colors are bright.

Lynne, lots of work getting old wax off. I used 3M Marine products on my MH.
Oakley Tractor Show is August 19 to 21 this year. I think we will be attending on Senior Day the 19th. Maybe we can meet there this year.

Gordon, hope your cough is completely gone soon.

Ann, always things to do on a RV.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #23956

Good morning all!

72* headed for 93* today. Cloudy foggy at the moment.............. last night around dusk we had a T storm come thru with heavy rain.............. a good bit of thunder and light show. Well 2 plus hours latter it was still going!!!! Really don't know when it ended, I fell asleep.

Popeye, yup, Ice cream is my kryptonite!

I am pretty much back at normal operations now, except for lifting restriction. Well and I guess I am not riding the motorcycles for another few weeks.

Lynne, thats what I was saying, you will probably have to buy the series of compounds that Gordon is speaking about and work thru them to bring the jell coat shine back,,,,, then use the wax to seal it. They are a series of liquids made by 3M that start out with a course, and end with a ultra fine. So 3 times you buff the same area, then seal with the Torque. Section it off. Call me if questions. My guess is Terry has worked with these as well. Oh, each one has a different foam buffing pad you use as the pads are course to ultra fine as well.

Debbie,,,, well the diet/life style change is not working for her, has little or no affect. Meeting with the digestive doctor says her gallblatter is not functioning as expected. All of her symptons can be caused by her gallblatter, however some are rare. He is recomending a gallblatter removal,,,, and then a checking to see if it addresses the problems. If it falls short, surgery maybe required for the hernia. Meeting with the surgeon is 7/20. Gallblatter surgery is out patient surgery these days.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-06-2022, 07:52 AM   #23957

64+78 so rain ......None for the next week !
High 70s every day. Ooooooooh AYUH !

Lloyd
Pfeeeeeewwwwwwww That sure sounds like your I.C. RX should be transferred to Deb. Maybe 75% so you have some kryptonite till you get back to 100% ?

The comedian told me a joke that got him the headliner spot for the show today.

Sorry , can't repeat it here
Old 07-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #23958

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Sorry to hear Debbie may have to have surgery. Prayers to guide the surgeons hands and for a good medical team that are able to fix the issue.

Ann - All we are allowed is a broth. Jello would be heaven. Anecdotally I find that I am not that hungry during and after the "purge". I know too much information but I though I would throw it out there.

Foggy at the moment. Golfing is on! Low probability of rain. I expect the course will have some standing water as we got 2" in the last 24 hours. Correction - got the call while getting the truck out of the shop. Course is closed due to standing water on a number of fairways.

Working on the coach. I am using 2 and 3 of the perfect it, then a course of McGuiers 6 and then 21 to seal. It sure looks shiny and feels really slippery. Will not be able to do the entire coach before we head out for the weekend so have been doing all the stages on one section at a time. The first two are machine applied and the rest is by hand. Fortunately I have a couple polishers. The better one with great speed control is quite heavy while the lighter one generally runs a bit fast. A little practice and the amount of compound slinging is minimal. Having two polishers saves a lot of time and effort with changing pads. About 1/4 of the coach is done.

Rain dragged down the peonies. Looking pretty sad but it happened early enough the blooms that have not opened will not be affected. We certainly needed the moisture. On another happy note the potatoes are blooming. Soon to be new potatoes in the pot. Yumm.

Time to head out for the water world golfing experience. At one point I got a gift of a sleeve of floating golf balls. They are around somewhere, just have to find them.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:24 PM   #23959

Good Morning

I have no idea what time I fell asleep. 8am wake up call and a hot shower. DH drove to the surgery center. They had us wear masks and took both our temps, Didn't allow me to go back with DH. Our to the truck and took my mask off. Checked emails on my phone then stretched out on the truck seat. Didn't sleep just rested my eyes. Went to the Walmart for one item. Treated DH to subway. Parked way out at Walmart. Did a terrible job of parking the tank. Drove most of the way home and stopped at the Indian reservation for gas. DH felt ready to drive home. Spotted a big antique radio out for the garbage. It was close to our home. Very heavy. Tried three people to help us lift it in the truck. No one was home. Middle aged lady came walking by. She helped us lift in the truck. Neighbor came home and helped DH get it up on our porch. I sanded the top and two sides with my oribital sander. Been ages since I did a sanding project.Lots more hand sanding to be done. It is a AM/FM radio with a record playerfrom 1955. DH was able to get the scrematics off the internet for free. Will be a good rainy day/winter project for him. Will probably give it to this young couple from church. They have been looking to buy a duplex. Need to put some wheel on the heavy beast. Dawns on me that DH had one polyp removed and probably shouldn't be lifting oops!! MY turn Sunday for ginger ale, gatoraide,broth and jello. Nothing red or purple. DOC usually does up to seventeen scopes a day. Had a little rain Tuesday. Getting cucumbers out of the garden. Prayers for DEB.Hope the surgery makes her feel better. Take Care Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:11 AM   #23960

Drinking first cup of coffee. 54° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 84° with mix of sun and clouds. Never got to doing chipper work yesterday. It rained until early afternoon. But never dried out. .18" rain. I did get laundry done. Grocery shopping today. Then hope to get chipper job done.
Bluebirds are still working at birdhouse.

Llyod, good to hear you almost back to normal. I had Gallbladder surgery in 2009. I could have gone back to work next day except for Dr. restrictions after surgery.

Gordon, hope you did not need to go out to find golf balls in gator infested waters.

Ann, good DH got his Coloscopy done. ON my to do list this year.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:12 AM   #23961

63+80 , a few clouds am , all orb pm. ~S@<15 no rain till next wednesday...humidity 45% and th' sea be 58.

The V8 group was here looking for the V8 truck and the comedian had a small crowd ,,,good ! Cuz he bombed......
Old 07-07-2022, 06:38 AM   #23962

When I got my last colonoscopy pre-visit the doc asked me who was paying for it as he wrote out the RX for the prep. I told him it was the the VA he said, "oh, they hate you guys. Hold on a minute" and came back with a box. " You will like this much better." We looked it up, $250.00.

Basically you don't drink anything red or eat anything solid day before. 6:00 pm you start the prep taking some pills and drinking the prescribed amount of water. You repeat on a schedule until midnight.

It's still not pleasant but it beats the heck out of the old stuff by miles, steps to and from toilet.

My wife demanded it for hers and Aetna complied.

Yesterday the gas price in Sherman Texas Sams was $3.99. Thank you big guy. Shaming works.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:39 AM   #23963

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Golf cancelled for the day. Unsure what to do with the extra time so mowed the lawn. It needed it. Surprising what water will do to grass.

We have had enough rain so there is standing water in the low spots. With that comes something as bad as the gators - mosquitoes. Taking lots of vitamin B complex. I think it helps therefore it does!

Heading out for camping with friends for the weekend. Of course there are scattered showers predicted. Just had a predicted occurrence here. I was wondering if having one side of the coach freshly polished and the other side polish pending if the shiny side would slip through the air easier introducing a pull towards the polished side? Let me know what you think, I will report back. LOL P.S. - have a feeling both sides will be covered in road grime very shortly. If a shower is predicted it will be on the route we are travelling.

Will see how the new tires feel on a longer trip. They felt good when I was driving around to get some miles on for a retorque.

Time to finish packing and head out.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:47 AM   #23964
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I was wondering if having one side of the coach freshly polished and the other side polish pending if the shiny side would slip through the air easier introducing a pull towards the polished side? Let me know what you think, I will report back. LOL P.S. - have a feeling both sides will be covered in road grime very shortly.
Maybe the road grime will slip off one side?

Or, at least rinse off more easily?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:49 AM   #23965

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 72, headed to 86. We have been getting some rain, but not enough.

Deb, gall bladder surgery is a piece of cake today. I had mine out a few years ago. They did the surgery early Sat. morning, and I was home walking the dog that afternoon. Good luck!

Ronj, I always like tractor shows. Growing up on farm does that to you. Made parallel parking a breeze in drivers' ed.

Coach batteries are failing. Checked out several places and LA CG-2 were $170-$200 apiece. Went to Costco and they are $99.99, but they are out of stock and on back order. Manger did some searches for me and found some at Little Chute. Going on Friday to pick them up. For that price it's a great deal.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #23966

Good morning

DH mowed and did the weed wacking. He does some extra frontage for the neighbors. Better than looking at tall gras!!. Spent hours doing odds and ends around the house. Wrote checks for a few bills. DH is happy he watched a utube on how to replace the knob on the awning. Gordon have a great time camping. Next weekend is our turn. Got to go and do a few more chores. Take care Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 03:23 AM   #23967

Coffee taste very good this morning. 63° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 80° with chance of thunderstorms in afternoon. Got my grocery shopping done. Neighbor came over and helped my finish off the chipper pile. Spent a little time in his woods leveling up some of the holes left from stump removal. Mowed the grass in afternoon. Garden pond maintance and window washing today.
Going to be a large crop of pine cones this year.

Orrin, I looked at batteries for my car yesterday. About $200 for a AGM Group H6. Not sure I need a AGM.

Gordon, have a good time camping this weekend. Return trip should even out all the road grime on both sides of coach.

Ann, I have been getting little things done lately. Problem is the big items on list keeps getting longer.

Popeye, 80° with 45% H. Send some this way.

Harvey, I sure hope they have a new plan for me this year. I am suppose to have a Coloscopy later this year.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:12 AM   #23968

Good morning all!

72* headed for 91*. Very foggy at the moment, 85% humidity. Feel like we move to Florida, we have had a every afternoon T storm last 3 days. Expect more to come.

Thanks all, yep surgery should not be a big deal, in and out. However we hope it addresses all her problems, her diet has not changed her problems,,, and the hernia surgery is a big deal would love to avoid that.

Ann, old radio sounds great. Have any pictures?

Gordon, enjoy your camping trip. You will notice that way less dirt/grime will stick to the completed area.

Yesterday the heat index was 105* here,,,,,, not a typo! I have been staying inside, working on the Jeep and my motorcycle. Except for the walk down the hill to the barn, I move from one A/C environment to the other.

Have a great day all!