Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2022, 07:54 AM   #24403

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Terry - thanks for the vote of confidence. The sawzall is quite effective in getting to the root of the problem.

Orrin - about the only thing I can suggest is the sawzall will get things out so it is easier to do a close inspection. Repairs - now that's another topic that is not addressed in the handbook of sawzall craft.

RonJ - agree that Lowes, Home Depot are great sources for more replacement resources. I unpacked the extra case of blades. Feel a bit under prepared but . . . . .

Today more packing and preparation for departure. Hope to be in Yuma by the middle of the month.

Cool today. Then warming tomorrow and through the weekend. Cloudy at the moment.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #24404

yukky day quack quack

Headed out on the road soon ?
My weather prediction is yes , there will be some.

Alright now , calm down people ! Gordon will be supervised if he uses the sawzall. Nothing to panic about yet.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:55 PM   #24405

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

I can testify that Gordon's Sawzall prowess is real! At the first M&G at Carter Caves S.P. he wacked out the hole for Tim and Joes new water heater install and it fit like a glove! CLAC'ers in action! That WH never had a chance, with Gordo, Terry, Frank, Ron, Lloyd, Butch, Jerry, Me, and Tim and Joe!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-06-2022, 03:16 AM   #24406

Drinking first cup of coffee. 46° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 73° with cloudy skies. Decided to make a new bracket for Mule rear view mirror. Now I only need to move my eye to see what is behind me. Did some relaxing on back porch. Going to take tractor over to neighbor's and spread some a couple large pile of wood chips. Then back home for some more relaxing on back porch before big weather change tomorrow.

Gordon, just think how much fuel you will save on the trip down to AZ without those extra blades in compartment.

Popeye, safe travels while on the road.

Everyone, stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:23 AM   #24407

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Travel day. First day on the road back to Yuma for the winter season. 85 miles north to my sister Linda's place. Her birthday is Saturday Oct 8th. Leaving her place some time next week and going East. Beautiful weather here, low 60's now, going to low 90's today, clear blue, light winds. Finishing loading motor home and Pebbles and I will be out of here. After the sun comes up.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:08 AM   #24408

Good Thursday Morning All!

54*, very dark out. Forecast is Carolina Blue sky, high near 80*.

RonS safe travels! Happy birthday to sister Linda! Did I get her name right?

Lynne, yup, you will need whatever you leave, as soon as you leave it!

Orrin, everything is relative,,,,,, we have our wonderfull July and August! A bit hot and humid here.

Gordon, happy equiptment shuffle. You should be good to go!

20 days till we plan to leave.

Deb left yesterday, is in Delaware. I am unsupervised for 6 more days.

Fence work this morning, small job a place that already has fence, but wants a entry setup with gate at the end of his driveway. 6-8 new posts to pound in and new boards to hang. Probably hear today if the 4,000 ft of goat fence is a go.

Off I go!

Have a great day all!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:39 AM   #24409

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 55, headed to 64. The big chill is upon us.

Lynne, Linda and I are looking forward to meeting you and Jerry. Thanks for your help!

Gordon, I am bringing 2 sawzalls just to defend myself.

Ronj, your arm should be feeling pretty good about now.

Popeye, looks like you have the crew all lined up and well coached. No mutiny planned or allowed.

When I leave for Yuma it will be late January. Fuel gelling is a concern. I will put some additive in the tank and ad #1 fuel to top it off. I sure am checking out my furnace.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:33 AM   #24410

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
All this talk of sawzalls is making me antsy to saw something. Modified slightly by just finishing making a pullout drawer for the space under the sink. Very deep cavity and we always wanted/needed what was at the back. Now a simple pull and its all at the front easily accessible.

RonJ - There was momentary slight decrease in weight for a very short period when the blades came out. Then the "First Law of Empty Spaces" was applied. The law goes something like the empty space will cry out until it is filled!! No matter - we always get where we are going and at the end of the year find all kinds of interesting things we forgot about. Sort of like being able to wrap your own Christmas presents or hide your own Easter eggs.

Orrin - looking forward to comparing sawzall notes. My sawzall skills are highly overrated. I got lucky on an easy task and had lots of adult supervision. And we had only been drinking coffee at the time. Dont forget to bring your golf clubs as well.

Lloyd - sounds like your lack if adult supervision will be much like my times of lack of adult supervision. Lots of productive things to do so there is not much time to get into trouble.

RonS - safe travels. Have a great time celebrating Lindas birthday. Quick thought about trailers. Could consider building a small teardrop trailer to pull behind the tracker. Saw a Youtube video where a young lady built one to tow behind her small car. Seemed to be quite practical and could be reasonably economical. One of the advantages would having a hard top and solid walls.

Took the spaghetti squash off yesterday and disposed of the vines. Still have the acorn squash and the butternut. Weather going to be really nice so a bit more vine ripening will be great.

Cool yesterday but warmer today and into the weekend. We are having Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday with the family. Already there is planning about our second Thanksgiving when we are south.

Still cool so the start of the equipment shuffle is pending for another hour or so.

The sun is getting up later and later. Still dark here at 6!

Have a great day.

All on the road be safe. Wind at your back and the roads downhill.

Old 10-06-2022, 02:30 PM   #24411

Gulf Streamers Club
First report on trip to Yuma 2022. 100 minutes and arrived at sister Linda's. No issues. All went as it should. Hard to get back into the swing of driving the motor home again. Wide and tall. Heavy. Slow to start and slow to stop. Poor visibility. But LOUD horn. Will be here 5 or 6 nights then on to east Texas. Doggie visiting here. Brother has a boxer. Brother's daughter has a boxer. Linda has a long haired Chihuahua. And Pebbles. Much smelling going on. Time to do some more cleaning. Excited to be on the road again.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #24412

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good you didn't have any issues! Have a safe trip! Hopefully we'll see you this winter.
Old 10-06-2022, 09:02 PM   #24413

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!
Safe travels, RonS! Wish your sister a Happy Birthday for Jira and I!
All this talk about hitting the road in the MH's is making me antsy.
We have a driving trip up to the Isan region of NE Thailand coming up, up by the Laos border. Just a few days, but a getaway none-the-less!
Wish for everyone out traveling is a tail wind, clear skies, and cheap fuel!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-07-2022, 01:16 AM   #24414

HiLo Towlite at Walmart

Got excited to see a Towlite at Walmart. Our Walmart alows RV parking. Noticed he was using jumper cables to lift the RV in the up position. Stoped to see if he needed help. Just bout this piece of junk in Alabama for $3,000. Never had an RV before. DH and I spent an hr. explaining maintenance items and how to rebuild this unit. Total rot and water damage. It defenitely can be rebuild. Furious at the prior owner for not maintaining it and taking advantage of this buyer. Him and him coworker travel around the country doing maintenance work at power plants. Grueling work 6AM to 6PM for 5-6wks. with no days off. He will probably get an AirBNB or share a hotel with coworkers. Will try to meet up with them and take them out to dinner. Rant over.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 03:19 AM   #24415

Coffee is brewing. 43° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 50° with cloudy skies. Got one of neighbors chip piles done and a couple of logs move to fire pit. Then returned home to see other neighbors Class B they rented for a trip up north to view fall colors. Nice small Thor. No plans for today.
Need to do a better job hiding in tree leaves.

RonS, good trip went good. Saw on news that the oldest dog named Pebbles lived to 22 years old.

Ann, very easy to get a bad used RV if you do not have much experience with them. Hope they are able to get Towlite so it is livable.

Rail, enjoy your tip to Thailand.

Gordon, when I sold my motorhome. It was full of things stuffed in small places.

Orrin, arm is getting better. But now that cast is off. I am always trying to use it when I should not be. Then it's back to the ice pack.

Llyod, hope the fence job went well.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:21 AM   #24416

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning:
Move went pretty well yesterday. Bikes are loaded, batteries out of some of the vehicles, snow push installed on tractor, etc.

Today is visit to dentist. Then more things to do. Still loading trailer. Going to be tight but all will fit I am pretty sure.

Have a great day.