Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2023, 03:13 AM   #25201

Hot coffee for last full day of Winter. 17° with mostly clear skies this morning. Heading to 39° with sunny skies. MY trip to Menards went well. They had all the items I needed for well pressure tank replacement. Snow squalls that kept coming and going. It was a good day to stay inside. There was a large traffic pile up west of me on I 96. Luckily no reported injuries. Going to a neighbors place for birthday party this afternoon.

Popeye, catch lots of fish.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2023, 04:57 AM   #25202

32 , 34high , W@15 , 25 gusts , sno* flurries , all orb , ptly cloudy , cloudy . C B 39 Geeze ! make up my mind !

32.1 !

Everybody went to the beach yesterday (no swimmers) and called in "sick" today . Not much interest in going out myself ! 24 heaters might help ? a little , the winds keep blowing it all out to sea !

Remember guys , always wear a raincoat !
Old 03-19-2023, 08:59 AM   #25203

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning. 18 and sunny here. The coffee is great. We are burning propane! 27 middle school students are camping here, due to leave tomorrow. Let the warming trend commence.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #25204

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Without adult supervision for a few days. Let the fun, frivolity and foolishness commence. Actually have a self imposed set of tasks that are better done when I am the only one who will be inconvenienced. Dont expect a lot of issues but I want to replace the shower valve as one of the tasks. If it goes well - great. If it takes a bit longer it will not matter.

Overcast at the moment. Calling for 80. Meanwhile snow showers at home. Planning the trip home and hoping the weather is good. Searching for a weather window. There are a number of check points that I watch. So far have been fortunate.

Went golfing yesterday. New course. Not in the greatest shape but fun never the less. Scored well and had the potential to do better. Had a half dozen putts come up just short. Greens were longer (slower) than our regular course. I suppose everything will be long when back on the regular course!!! LOL.

Park is starting to thin out. Several neighbors have already left and another is leaving today. Happy hour group is getting smaller.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:35 AM   #25205

Forest River Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1363.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	594.1 KB
ID:	388487
Old 03-21-2023, 02:56 AM   #25206

Coffee has finished brewing. 30° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 53° with partly cloudy skies. Did a Preview Post. Then forgot to do a Submit Post yesterday. But it was a fairly nice day. Got ready to prepare new well pressure tank for install. Found I did not have the right fittings to get it started. Another trip to Menards. Then went to neighbors and finished cutting up hot tub with Sawzall. Ready to be put out for garbage this evening. Never did pickup branches. Still several good sized broken off branches up in trees. Wind yesterday blew a couple of them down. Good place to stay away from when wind is blowing. Work on preparing pressure tank for install today.
It's SPRING. Lets go outside and play.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:06 AM   #25207

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Cloudy and a bit cooler today. Clouds are moving quickly from the south east. Low percentage for showers. Lots of aircraft from the marine base playing in the clouds.

Going golfing.

Ron - Sawzal operator! Do you think there would be any interest in starting an Association of Sawzall Operators? Anyway something to consider. Meetings, instructional videos, etc!!! LOL

Still unsupervised.

Went to the horseraces yesterday. Had a good steak with fixings and managed to win one race, place one race and no show in 4 races. Net result was -$1.50.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:43 AM   #25208

Gordon
That already exists , it's called Sawzallholics Anonymous....
I took the liberty of enrolling youcuz you see , I'm not only the president of Sawzallhilics Anonymous . I'm also a client .

52* , hazy orb , SSW@<10 ,CB39 , that is all......

The band and dancers signed up for 3 months aboard a cruise ship.

Just kidding , they're at the beach again.
I just told you it was 52*...
It's a "death to sno*" party , first day of spring.....
Old 03-21-2023, 04:55 PM   #25209

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Gordon
That already exists , it's called Sawzallholics Anonymous....
I took the liberty of enrolling youcuz you see , I'm not only the president of Sawzallhilics Anonymous . I'm also a client .

52* , hazy orb , SSW@<10 ,CB39 , that is all......

The band and dancers signed up for 3 months aboard a cruise ship.

Just kidding , they're at the beach again.
I just told you it was 52*...
It's a "death to sno*" party , first day of spring.....
Popeye - we are sawzall brothers from another mother. In this case triplets! Since you are the president we will look to you for inspiration.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:55 PM   #25210

Gordon
You know our mothers had nothing to do with it.
There's only one thing to know. The prayer.

When in doubt , cut it out ! If it's in your way , cut it today...
Old 03-21-2023, 09:16 PM   #25211

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Popeye, a little story from the advanced sawzall group! We installed a bathroom downstairs in the 110 year old farm house I used to live in, It was made out of yellow pine, and after 110 years that stuff was hard as a rock! I was notching a floor joist for the tub drain, breaking blade after blade, and I said jokingly, "I need the chain saw" Vicki said, Well? So I went and got it, and when it fired up in the basement, it made short work of that stubborn floor joist!
She about died when it fired up, but by the time she got back down to the basement, the deed was done!
The wall studs went from the basement sill plate all the way up to the attic, one piece, and were also hard as a rock and straight as a arrow. Had to pre-drill them to pound a nail in them!
That old Victorian farm house is still standing today, built in 1908, and will out live many more generations! Rail!
Old 03-22-2023, 02:36 AM   #25212

Good Morning

Had a check engine light on the dash in the F250. Our mechanic put the code reader on it. Says a coil is bad. He re set the dash. The problem is the reader doesn't tell you which coil is bad. Eight coils in the truck. Light came on again and it is a little chuggy at times. Will call for an apt.today. Things seem to break in 3's. First the hot water tank. Then the truck and now my hand held dust buster. Take Care, Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 03:09 AM   #25213

Poured first cup of coffee. 38° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 51° with showers in afternoon. Got correct fittings to install well pressure tank. Moved tank to cellar. Measured how it will fit and found a pipe union behind old tank. If it comes loose it will make job much easier. Neighbor that is going to help me found out he needs to work this weekend. So install will have to wait awhile. Got some of the broken limbs picked up and put on pile to be chipped. Still a lot move stuck to ground with ice. branches are acting like insulation for the ice. Couple of day of warmth and they will all be free to pick up. Today may be a conserve energy day
House Finch has brighter color this time of year.

Gordon, I did not see any Sawzall projects this winter from you.

Popeye, as president of Sawzallholics Anonymous. When is next meeting?

Rail, using a chain saw in place of a Sawzall. You just need a bigger selection of blades.

Ann, Dealer will want to replace all eight. Has you DH been using your Dusbuster on his projects.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:38 AM   #25214

RonJH
Meetings ? We don't need no stinkin' meetings.
We are the Killer Kutters !
43 , all orb , SSE<10kt CB still 39 .

Rail
Yellow pine is hard even before it ages gracefully.
Dat sawchain , she work good huh?, yai dat b fo show !

No crew again today , it seems they took tents and a keg to the beach yesterday.