Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2023, 07:28 AM   #25215

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 37, headed to 51 and no sun.

That yellow pine is tough stuff. When I was growing up on the farm is was used in the floors of manure spreaders, forage boxes, feed bins, etc.

I joined the Madison Bridge Club on Monday. Those people take it real serious.

Ann, I don't remember if the is a way to test each coil without removing it. If they are old enough it maybe better to just bite the bullet and do all eight, because there will be others failing soon.

Popeye, I have a sawzall, but don't use it much, but when I do... Does that mean I can join too?
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2023, 08:56 AM   #25216

Orrin
"don't use it much" ?
Uhhhhhhhmmmmmm I don't know..................

Well , I guess we can cut you in !
(you're gonna need all the help you can get to build a serious bridge) .

Your initiation assignment is to cut one of the kitchen chairs up (in at least 10 pieces) and then determine and execute the proper procedures to reassemble it in such a manner that your wife can't tell it has been tampered with.
Good luck , this is for ALL the marbles !
Old 03-22-2023, 10:06 AM   #25217

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Looks like there are numerous sawzall wielders in the group. The League of Sawzall Gentlemen.

I had one of the coils go on my 150. As I recall they simply cut power to each individually and replaced the one that did not change the engine miss. Fuel rail etc had to come off. They should have more advanced testing instruments. The code just tells them where to start looking. Had a code in Janets car. Said it was a minor issue so I cleared it. Had not returned after several weeks. Keeping fingers crossed. Car still runs well and have not noticed any difference in performance or mileage.

Cooler here today. What is with the weather. I am hoping for a bit of climate change. Cooler = weather, warmer = climate change. Regardless there it is very breezy so being outside is not very comfortable. Sun is on the patio so should be very comfortable a bit later.

Golfed in the rain yesterday. About 72 so wasn't too bad. After rain stopped the breeze started so did not take long to dry out.

Today is a take care of whatever I can day. Waiting for parts for a couple minor issues so will be organizing and storing items for the return home. Forecast for route home is on the less than optimal side. Most days have a 25% probability of precipitation. Fortunately the temperatures are quite warm so keeping fingers crossed.

Lack of adult supervision will be ending soon. Getting a lot of tasks completed but waiting for parts for a couple minor issues.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:12 AM   #25218

Good Morning

Orrin,thanks for the advice to change all the coils. DH looked in his Hanes repair manual today. I will pass along the information to DH. Glad the truck acted up before towing season. My cats are spending lots of time outdoors in 52* weather. Today is pizza and Honey Garlic wings for my Grandsons birthday.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:07 AM   #25219

Coffee is brewing. 46° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 49° morning rain and cloudy skies in afternoon. .21" of rain over night. That should thaw all the iced in tree limbs. Will work at cleaning them up after rain stops. Must have been 50 Robins in my back yard yesterday. This one stopped pecking at the ground long enough to pose for a picture.

Ann, enjoy GS birthday and pizza and wings.

Gordon, warmer and cooler equal weather.

Popeye, meetings are for comparing blades.

Orrin, get the right blades and hardwood cuts like butter.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:28 AM   #25220

RonJH
I ran your idea by a local from uptah camp by the border. Here's his reply :
"I really don't like da sound ov dat.....
I wuz tinking 'bout organizzing a saw off me. Kinda like dem sawchain guys dat do dayer sawlympics days dem. Yai , dat be fo show ! "
Old 03-24-2023, 02:52 AM   #25221

Coffee has been poured. 32° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 45° with cloudy skies. Started raking up pine limbs. But only got top layer. Limbs were so deep that lower layers were still frozen to the ground. Will do some more raking today. Have a little bit of shopping to do today. No other plans.
Ducks are back at garden pond.

Popeye, a Sawzall meet. OK.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:29 AM   #25222

Drinking first cup of coffee. 33° with light rain this morning. Heading to 48° with continued rain. Got my shopping done with no problems. GD dropped off her dog for me to take care of while she goes on a short vacation. Allie moved like she belonged. Sassy does not think this is a good thing. Hope she settles down in a short time.
Helped neighbor tear down a second store deck from his house. Sawzall made the job very easy. I am sure it will not be as easy to put back up.
No plans for today yet.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:19 AM   #25223

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Good morning gang,
Going to hit the high 70s here today, sun is shining, birds are busy rejoicing.
I too have been a member of the Sawzall club. I've owned my trusty Milwaukee Super Sawzall for a good 20+ years now.
Ronj, getting that deck down put me in mind of demo work we did on some construction jobs. Some stuff come crashing down dramatically....of which I would tell my coworkers, I can build things you bet, but I can damn sure tear things down too.[emoji38][emoji2]
Have a blessed day all.......
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:50 AM   #25224

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Cool overnight. No heat on so stayed in bed extra long. Sun is up and starting to warm the coach.

Demolition Story;
Did a remodel on the house. Total in the kitchen. Took it down to the subfloor and out to the studs. Started taking the sheetrock out and Janet offered to help. So I was working on one wall and she was working on another. I am working on my wall breaking pieces off, trying to get large pieces and stacking them. I'm about a 1/4 done when I look over and Janet has finished her wall. It looks like a bomb went off or the Tasmanian Devil did a pass. It almost looked like millings but her wall was done!

Today my adult supervision returns. I have managed to accomplish numerous tasks that are best done when there is no pressure to complete quickly. Replacing the shower cartridge took about 3 hours. If you are replacing a Moen 1222 it is about $40 cheaper on Amazon.

Ordered some product from Walmart. Prices were better and delivery was very quick.

Interesting route for parts bought on Amazon. Started from Las Vegas, went to Calipatria which is 10 miles north of Brawley (about 70 miles from here), then on to San Bernadino, back to Brawley (about 10 miles south of Calipatria ) and then to here.

Continuing to organize and pack for the trip home. Checking the weather on the way home and looking for the best window. Notice that the mountains at Salt Lake got 24 inches in the last 24 hours.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2023, 09:18 PM   #25225

Good Morning

We are having 64MPH wind gusts all day. The highest in our area. One more degree and it would be considered Tornado winds. Can immagine what we will see in the day light. Sounds like garbage cans flying around. Ours are secure. Monday the truck goes in for repairs. Will ask the mechanic if we should replace all the coils. We have quite a few camping trips planned for this summer. Would hate to break down away from home. Take Care, Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:31 PM   #25226

all this man talk about sawsalling made me think of the lady with the real plan.

BTW, I have two on site, one in the attic and one in the shop.
Old 03-26-2023, 03:13 AM   #25227

Coffee is done brewing. 28° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 52° with clouds in late afternoon. Weather yesterday was just about everything except warmth. .33" of rain. Then it snowed but it did not stick. Then wind blew. More branches and limbs on the ground. Never got anything done. Except play with dogs. Hope to pick up branches and limbs when it warms up this afternoon.
Caught Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal in the same picture. Not sure if they think it was a good idea.

Harvey, making butter with a Sawzall. My neighbors has a 6 amp craftsman reciprocating saw. Making it into a butter maker may be a good use for it. But only a 1/2 pint at a time.

Ann, lots of stuff blowing around here also. But nothing close to your wind speeds.

Gordon, there just some projects that ladies do faster than us guys.

Bill, always get it done safely.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:04 AM   #25228

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning. 42 and swilling coffee. We are back home, after evacuating from the campground. I am frustrated from trying to share a flood picture for you guys. We think it will be midweek or possibly later before the campground can reopen.
Mike

« Total Rebuild | - »