Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #1

I need to know what was the last year they made the Holiday Rambler motorhome (either Class A or C with the Aluminum frame) with the fluted sides. So far I have found a pic showing a 1985 unit with the fluted aluminum siding and the aluminum frame. I don't like the looks of the slick sided ones and we are looking for a used Holiday Rambler.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #2

I need to know what was the last year they made the Holiday Rambler motorhome (either Class A or C with the Aluminum frame) with the fluted sides. So far I have found a pic showing a 1985 unit with the fluted aluminum siding and the aluminum frame. I don't like the looks of the slick sided ones and we are looking for a used Holiday Rambler.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:02 PM   #3

We have an 86 Holiday Rambler 30 foot we bought in OR in April...is this what you are looking for:

Its a great RV, so well made. If you want more information, please ask. The RV frame is made of aluminum; the lower side panels are fluted (horizontal), top panels are also aluminum as is the roof.

We decided also to keep our Bigfoot camper/f-350 for more remote RVing.

Gosh, I just reread your message...to see that you have an apache popup. We had the same one, bought in Nova Scotia in ~1969 and even towed it with a VW bug; later we bought a 66 TC Rover (sedan, not the landrover)....we eventually donated our apache to the Boys Scouts.

Iver
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #4

That's the kind we're looking for. I think they look so much better than the "new" ones. But that's our personal opinion. Is there anything in particular that we should look out for with this make of RV? I think David has one spotted in S GA but I'm not sure.

I have a love/hate relationship with our Apache... One day I love it, the next I hate it. I'm afraid that we have outgrown our pop-up. I simply am unwilling to pop-it up/down by myself (yes, I have opened/closed all by my onsie and it's a big hassle). I've spent too much money getting my back in working order to risk messing it up again.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:16 PM   #5

If you find a HR, similar to ours, be prepared to:

1. change the tranny fluid.
2. replace all fan belts
3. do a complete brake job/replace the brake fluid; we will be having this done in a few months
4. do engine oil and oil filter change, air filter
5. change sparkplug wires/sparkplug, carry a spare dist cap
6. check tranny cooler hoses, actually you should replace them (the previous owner replaced for us)

These are routine items; mileage on our unit is 7.5 miles/gal.

Good luck, IWD
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote