Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to whid1
Thumbs up How many Vogue MH DP Owners on IRV2

Hi My name is Dean
I'm interested talking to owners of Vogue Motor Homes built by Mitchell.
I own a 1990 Vogue 37' Prima Vista DP with a 3208T, 300HP V8 Caterpillar engine, with a 4 speed Allison Transmission w/retarder. This Bus is built on a Crown Chassis and weighs in at 32042 lbs, 150 gal fuel, 100 gal fresh water, 50 gal gray and black water.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #2

Proud Vogue owner

Hi,
Have you had many responses? I am a Vogue owner in Canada and would like to make contact with other owners to. I have had our coach for 13 years, and do most of my own repair. Still learning as I go.
Dave E
Island Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Boy View Post
Hi,
Have you had many responses? I am a Vogue owner in Canada and would like to make contact with other owners to. I have had our coach for 13 years, and do most of my own repair. Still learning as I go.
Dave E
Hi Dave!
I have not had any responses except you. my bus is 24 yr old I've had her for (2) yrs I'm learning also. What year is yours Dave? and what model and engine do you have with her? I was lucky I have all the manuals and wire diagrams for the Prima Vista. The previous owner has done some modifications by adding extra filters and a watering misting system on the radiator.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hello fellow "Voguers"

Hi all,

It's great to see, limited as it is, some chat about our great Vogues. We have a 1989 (pre-Mitchell I believe) Vogue Prima Vista 40' w/ a Detroit Diesel 6V92 350 hp & ZF 6 speed transmission. It has 60k miles. We purchased it this past June from the original owners, and absolutely love it thus far. This coach is nothing but quality all the way around!

Our future plans include replacing the carpet with some sort of hard surface flooring (possibly a tile of some sort), TV upgrades, some reupholstery, and a few other little things.

In my snooping around the net, I've learned that there used to be a Vogue club, but it seems to be inactive. :(

Here's a link to a couple pics of our Vogue:
1989 Vogue Prima Vista Photos by bryguymi | Photobucket

Bryan
bryguymi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Your Vogue is beautiful I own the 1990 Vogue Prima Vista 37' same color as yours with a 3208T Cat engine, wish I had a 6 speed transmission, we are planning on changing the carpet and hardwood flooring to a granite floor and TV's . I'm looking to replace the side mirrors due to cracks in the housing. Hopefully we will meet up on the road next year.
Good luck and drive safely
Old 11-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #6

Bryan, just curious, did you buy your Vogue from my good friend Tom?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whid1 View Post
Your Vogue is beautiful I own the 1990 Vogue Prima Vista 37' same color as yours with a 3208T Cat engine, wish I had a 6 speed transmission, we are planning on changing the carpet and hardwood flooring to a granite floor and TV's . I'm looking to replace the side mirrors due to cracks in the housing. Hopefully we will meet up on the road next year.
Good luck and drive safely

Hi Dean,

You mentioned replacing the mirrors; that's on my list as well, for the same reason. I've been looking at "InVue" mirrors from Ramco, they have built in cameras.

Keep in touch,
Bryan
Old 11-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
Bryan, just curious, did you buy your Vogue from my good friend Tom?
Hello Daniel,

I did in fact by our Vogue from a "Tom", not sure if it's your good friend Tom. But probably not too many Toms out there that recently sold a wonderful old Vogue Prima Vista.

Tom and Joan seem like great people. I hope to be able to show them our Vogue in a few month s after the upgrades are finished.

Bryan
Old 11-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryguymi View Post
Hello Daniel,

I did in fact by our Vogue from a "Tom", not sure if it's your good friend Tom. But probably not too many Toms out there that recently sold a wonderful old Vogue Prima Vista.

Tom and Joan seem like great people. I hope to be able to show them our Vogue in a few month s after the upgrades are finished.

Bryan
It would be Tom and Joan allright and they are indeed very good friends. I met your Vogue (and Tom and Joan) at Hilton Head Island some 10-15 yrs ago. And I remember so well when Tom was proud to announce his Vogue turned "voting age". Very well maintained coach, waxed every yr...

I am guessing it's in good hands!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Hi Dean,

You mentioned replacing the mirrors; that's on my list as well, for the same reason. I've been looking at "InVue" mirrors from Ramco, they have built in cameras.

Keep in touch,
Bryan
Hi Bryan
I purchased this Vogue from Dr. Fadell's wife he had passed due to cancer. His son also a doctor in Las Vegas asked me if I was interested in the bus which he could not use, we meet his family in Wickenburg Az. fell in love with the bus and drove it home that day. I have used this beautiful bus when I went to Loma Linda for prostate cancer therapy which lasted 2 1/2 mo. We live in it with 3 dogs and had a great time. On the Hwy you get a lot of looks and comments when come into rest stops and CB. This baby is hand crafted like a palace.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIDan View Post
It would be Tom and Joan allright and they are indeed very good friends. I met your Vogue (and Tom and Joan) at Hilton Head Island some 10-15 yrs ago. And I remember so well when Tom was proud to announce his Vogue turned "voting age". Very well maintained coach, waxed every yr...

I am guessing it's in good hands!

Well, our Vogue is certainly more than "voting age" now, in fact, she's even past "drinking age".

Do you still go to Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort? Tom told me it's a pretty nice place. We are headed that direction over the upcoming Christmas holiday; our destination is Tybee Island, travel weather permitting.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whid1 View Post
Hi Bryan
I purchased this Vogue from Dr. Fadell's wife he had passed due to cancer. His son also a doctor in Las Vegas asked me if I was interested in the bus which he could not use, we meet his family in Wickenburg Az. fell in love with the bus and drove it home that day. I have used this beautiful bus when I went to Loma Linda for prostate cancer therapy which lasted 2 1/2 mo. We live in it with 3 dogs and had a great time. On the Hwy you get a lot of looks and comments when come into rest stops and CB. This baby is hand crafted like a palace.

Hi Dean,

You're right about our Vogues commanding lots of looks when out and about; they certainly have a classic & sophisticated look to them. I'm mostly impressed by their grip on the road at 80mph driving down the highway. Prior to this, we had a 1998 Beaver Contessa, a very nice coach, but nothing compared to this Vogue in terms of quality and build.

Bryan
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Well, our Vogue is certainly more than "voting age" now, in fact, she's even past "drinking age".

Do you still go to Hilton Head Motorcoach Resort? Tom told me it's a pretty nice place. We are headed that direction over the upcoming Christmas holiday; our destination is Tybee Island, travel weather permitting.
Hi again Bryan,
I just spent a month at HHI (in fact on Tom's lot).
Might be a little cold at the end of December, the resort is super but we also like the surrounding area a lot. The island is small and well preserved, takes about 30 minutes to circle in a car, many fine restaurants, groceries bicycle trails, 12 mi long beach (ride your bike on beach), everything nearby, 23 golf courses...
My favorite spot! If you do visit Tybee Island, make sure you go in the resort at HHI for at least a couple of days!
Daniel