Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #1

Intellitec Issue???

So for a while I have had issues getting my rear AC to work properly. Some times it would run and some times it wouldn't and I couldn't pin point the issue. I could run the front AC with no issues but when I would try the rear the shed light on the thermostat would immediately go to green instead of shedding the power until the compressor would kick on (the latest incarnation of the issue is when the thermostat is on auto the fan wouldn't kick on either) I could force the rear on to come on by using the test switch and it would run for a while then it would stop. I tried to unplug the front AC wiring on the unit and swap it for the rear one and it came on and worked off of the front thermostat perfectly. I tried to "reboot" the Intellitec unit by unplugging the power and letting it cycle down and then plugged it in again and it worked like it should. I am thinking that the Intellitec unit needs to be replaced. This is on a 1996 Bounder 34P.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160601_100050466 (1).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	132870  
afrohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2016, 03:58 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Adam,

Based on the information you have given I think the system is working as designed. I would look at the overall AC load in your coach before blaming the control unit.

I have attached the service manual for my system and by the sound of it they are similar if not alike. It should help you with understanding the issue.

Intellitec Environmental Control Panel.pdf

I would look at the overall AC system starting with the shore power connector to be sure it is clean, free of arcing damage, and the other connections are not corroded. Also check on how much of your 30 amps are being used at on time. Case in point at the campground I'm at now I tried both AC's but only the rear compressor would run with the front in "SHED" mode until I turned off the water heater. Once I shed the system of the amperage draw from the heater both AC's worked fine. So, even though I'm connected to the 30 amp outlet the CG may not be able to supply all 30 amps. If it is less, as I suspect with my example, then the system will divert amperage where needed until the load is reduced and amperage is available for both AC units.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c92vette View Post
Adam,

Based on the information you have given I think the system is working as designed. I would look at the overall AC load in your coach before blaming the control unit.

I have attached the service manual for my system and by the sound of it they are similar if not alike. It should help you with understanding the issue.

Attachment 132879

I would look at the overall AC system starting with the shore power connector to be sure it is clean, free of arcing damage, and the other connections are not corroded. Also check on how much of your 30 amps are being used at on time. Case in point at the campground I'm at now I tried both AC's but only the rear compressor would run with the front in "SHED" mode until I turned off the water heater. Once I shed the system of the amperage draw from the heater both AC's worked fine. So, even though I'm connected to the 30 amp outlet the CG may not be able to supply all 30 amps. If it is less, as I suspect with my example, then the system will divert amperage where needed until the load is reduced and amperage is available for both AC units.

Hope this helps.
The generator was running during these tests while in storage with nothing else running. Even when trying the rear AC all by itself it wouldn't run. When I switched the power to the controller from front to rear AC the front thermostat would operate the rear AC just as it should. After I removed power to the controller and allowed it to "reboot" it worked just fine allowing me to run both AC's at the same time and properly shedding the power on the units on initial start up and staggering the compressor start times so as not to overload the system. Its the fact that the removal of power and allowing it to "reboot" seemed to temporarily fix the issue that makes me thing its a bad controller.

Thanks
Adam
afrohman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec