Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #1

Interior Images

Finally I've cleaned out the camper and added the much requested interior photos.

A few notes:

There is a bunk that fits a twin sized mattress above the dinette.

The bed in the back folds out into a bed that is larger than a twin but smaller than a full sized bed.

There is not an oven, there is a black small dorm sized refridgerator below the stove top.

Everything on the interior has stayed the same as the original camper except for the curtains we had made and any bedding/pillows and art we've added for decor.

I took a photo of the front hitch and propane tank so you can see how it looks painted with a can of silver rustoleum.

My husband does vinyl lettering and did the "63 Yellowstone" letter in the back in a retro font.

There are also a couple of photos of the ugly rippled water damage we will be fixing/replacing next year hopefully. And if you have any other questions/comments feel free to throw them my way.
Attached Images

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #2

More pictures....
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks nice and homey.....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How sweet & cozy. Makes you wonder the travels it has been through & the people who made memories in it over the decades.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Looks great, and reminds me of our first RV, a 1969 15' Shasta. It too needed a lot of love to get it back on the road. Wish I knew where the photos are.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #6

I have an old Air Stream, late 60's I think. It needs to be gutted and gone through. One of these days when I don't have anything else to do.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #7

Is that a propane light? Haven't seen one of those in years.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #8

leadman indeed it is a propane light.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #9

what a some beautiful and cozy homey pic
travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #10

Very nice trailer. I've rebuilt 4 that size and I'm finding myself looking at them from time to time for #5.
What ever you do when your taking it apart purchase a good filter mask, not the paper ones and eye protection. An auto body painters suit with hood is a must also. Don't wear them twice and put them in a trash bag before you take your mask off. Wash your clothes and have a shower right away. You have not been sick until you have been sick from mold poisoning. Mine lasted six monthes and I still have lung problems years later.
Trust me it's cheap insurance.

Steve.
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #11

Steve i really appreciate that advice because in a few months we are going to take down the ceiling paneling from some water damage and insulate it. We will definitely heed that advice and anything else you will be able to tell us along the way.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #12

Shara, take lots of photos as you go. They are a great help when it's going back together.
Enjoy the rebuild. The last one I did wound up as a pile of metal on one side of the trailer and a pile of cupboards on the floor and very little of the framing left in another pile. Photos helped with that one big time.
One more thought. Unless you are really lucky the little bit of rot you see will get bigger as you go. Water travels and rot follows on it's heels.
I spent 43 years restoring antique furniture so I am pretty good at putting jigsaw puzzles back together. People love taking furniture apart and then bring the bits to me to put back together.
Good luck and keep in touch. I have to go check Craigs RV list.

Steve.
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #13

Steve i still look on Craigslist b/c if i had the money (and land) i would likely hoard the smaller vintage campers. My dad is finding them all the time and linking me to the ones he is interested in because he loves ours so much.

I hear ya about the rot you see is just the tip of the iceburg because we live in a home built in 1912 and we've done all the modern restoration on it. It's scary what you see when you pull things back.

Based on the wetness that came in near the back bed near our heads when it was raining really hard over Thanksgiving, we have quite a bit of damage to clean out under there.

-Shara
Old 12-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
great looking trailer. good luck on the rebuild. it will be so much better when your all done.

Outlaw