Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Question Itasca 37RQ Parts - 1989

Hi -

I have a 1989 Itasca Windcruiser, model ICP37RQ. We've had it a couple of years, don't use it a lot but like it and want to keep it up.

Unfortunately, had a problem where the coach door was damaged (not the driver or passenger door, the one in the middle of the coach). It will need to be replaced, and I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for where to get parts? I'm just starting this journey, so glad for any guidance.

I've found the Winnebago Itasca parts list for this motorhome; the door assembly looks to be part number M84385-02-Y77 ("Looks to be" - the scan quality isn't great). I have not yet contacted Winnebago Industries - that's the next step. I just figure if they have the part, it'll cost a fortune.

I've started looking at RV scrappers and RV trader sites. Any other suggestions?

From a practical standpoint - anyone ever replaced a door on these critters? Can the hinges be opened up and the pin removed, or am I going to need to drill out the bolts holding the door to the frame?

If I am asking absolutely the wrong questions, I apologize.

Thanks for any help, insights, or guidance!

Steve
StCasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #2

Welcome to the fourm. Matching or perfect fit parts are hard to find for older MH's. As far as the manufacturer or parts suppliers are concerned, your MH is obsolete. You might have to make a "fix" yourself or find a substitute. Your 89' Windcruiser looks a lot like my 93' Elante and that's a good thing. You can spread your parts search over the better part of a decade and over more than one make and model.

The key is knowing what parts are interchangable over what years over what makes/models.

To answer your question... On mine it looks like you remove two manilla colored plastic covers each held on by one Phillips screw. Each hinge has 3 bolts removed from there. Because of the weight and awkward balance it will take to remove the door it looks like a 2 person job. Yeah, the pic isn't the right way but you get the idea.

I would try an RV salvage yard like Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, Missouri. There is also a yard in Washington or Oregon, I forget the name.

Older MH's IMO are just fine but parts/support can be a challenge. There a bit of an orphan, a bit like owning a Studebaker. And that's no Lark.

If you find a yard or supplier can you post it for the benefit of others? Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1012191333.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	263405  
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, parts