Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Would you like a Karma Title such as:
Vintage RV Owner 14 66.67%
Vintage (BRAND) Owner 6 28.57%
Prefer to not have the Vintage name. 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have noticed a lot of the owners forums have the folks that participate with a title under their screen name such as Winnebago Owners Forum or Fleetwood Owners Forum.

A lot of the older RVs are now orphans and do not have an active manufacturer. Would you be opposed to having a Karma Title Such as "Vintage RV Owner" added by your request. I know, for one, that I would like to have the "Vintage RV Owner" added to my name.

We could so far as the brand such as "Vintage RV Owner-Silver Streak" or "Vintage Silver Streak Owner".

An RV would have to be at least 20 years old to be classified as Vintage.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have noticed a lot of the owners forums have the folks that participate with a title under their screen name such as Winnebago Owners Forum or Fleetwood Owners Forum.

A lot of the older RVs are now orphans and do not have an active manufacturer. Would you be opposed to having a Karma Title Such as "Vintage RV Owner" added by your request. I know, for one, that I would like to have the "Vintage RV Owner" added to my name.

We could so far as the brand such as "Vintage RV Owner-Silver Streak" or "Vintage Silver Streak Owner".

An RV would have to be at least 20 years old to be classified as Vintage.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had lots of folks look, but only 6 have voted. I know we ahve more than SIX vintage rigs here. Please do not be bashful.....

Ken
Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 AM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Can I vote twice?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't think it will let you vote twice. It goes by the log in name.

Ken
Old 08-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #6

I voted for Vintage title. There's probably too many obsure manufatures to be able to cover them all.

RedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
no you can't vote twice. The vote is made by screen name. Vintage owner would be easier i think. But brand name would be neat!! Whichever works!! Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh well I tried Name would be neat but will settle for vintage. Some of us just want to have fun with real wood and no payments. LOL
Old 08-22-2008, 02:51 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I wanted to check and see what the thinking was on this issue from the owners. We wondered if there would be some segration by having an "older" RV as opposed to one less than 10 years old. I have the trailer listed in my signature anyway.

I personally am proud of my older RV...it is better bult than the newer ones and still going strong after 29 years and a lot of highway miles. We obtained our Silver Streak from my Father in law and from his records, the trailer probably has close to 200,000 miles on it...all over the US, Canada, Mexico and Alaska.

Ken
Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the go ahead to add the Vintage RV Owner to the Karma if you would like it. It is optional and an RV has to be at least 20 years old to qualify.

Send me a PM and I will add it to your file.

Ken
Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #11

Ken, we would like to add vintaqe RV owner to our signature.

Thanks

OldSgt (Ted)

USAF Retired
OldSgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think it is added to your title.

Glad to see you posting on the forum. Tell us about your oldie.

Ken
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #13

Great idea Ken. PM sent.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
we love the older RVs. It is not at all unusual to have total strangers ask to see the trailer. Always love to show off all of the features in an oldie.

But ours is pretty new compareeed to yours.

Ken