RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-31-2019, 10:24 AM   #1975

Safe travels.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #1976

We had an awesome day on the road yesterday. DPS was having a ton of fun on the east bound traffic. Speed limit was 75 to 80 and still nailing speeders.

We broke the trip from Abilene to Yuma into 3 three hundred and thirty or so mile days. Last night was Van Horn and tonight will be Wilcox. Thursday we’ll be in Yuma mid afternoon if all goes well.

Last year was a very good year, decade, interesting. I can remember walking the 7000 yard golf course with adopted son and being thankful for being able to do it at 61. Now I walk a mile at 71 and am thankful for that.

We started the CBD oil regimen about three weeks ago and I think I’m becoming a believer. One of my concerns for Yuma was not being able to walk like we used to do because of the arthritis and not having the maintenance drug support. Last night we walked about a mile round trip to a local grocery and did it without pain.

BTW, we found some too neat to keep quiet about cans of Chile’s and tomatoes, usually called Rotel. This is an off brand at a great price and instead of green Chile’s it has the orange ones. Habaneros can make your world go around and around and around, in a good way of course.

If everything goes good we’ll be in Las Cruces for lunch at a Cracker Barrel. Parking dependent of course. If no parking then we’ll pick up some cabbage and black eye peas for our New Years tradition.

Jane has been running like a top, she’s a true pleasure.

I’m looking forward to our twenties, mine were a little crazy fifty years ago. Hopefully with everyone with us these twenties will be even more fun.

Happy New Year just miles from a time zone change.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:22 AM   #1977

It’s a beautiful 34 degrees this morning in Willcox AZ. We’re 319 miles from Yuma, less than that actually because we’re in Yuma county east of Yuma.

My dad has stories, 93 years of age now and they haven’t changed much. One of them was about the time him and mom spent the night in Willcox in their old Airstream. Mom made coffee just like always. She added some milk to her coffee just like always. Milk curdled. Mom was an emotional kind of person so she cried. Dad assumed it was bad milk so he disconnected and went to the store for fresh milk. It also curdled. “Don’t ever hook up to Willcox water if you spend the night there” I heard more than once, maybe a hundred or so times.”

Our fresh water tank is full of Thereabouts water so we used it for Willcox. But I have another Willcox adage. “Don’t stay at the Grande Vista if you are like us without DISH or Direct tv.” And their WIFI isn’t as good as advertised. It’s nice and clean with level lots but tight for our coach with the toad. Jane is a 35 footer.

So we missed the bowl games. No tv and streaming was like a snow melt in the mountains.

Yesterday we had our lips ready for black eyed peas and fried cabbage at Cracker Barrel in Las Cruces. Easy on and off of 10. We hit the off ramp and there was the crowd, huge crowd, no sign nor a place within a half mile to park the coach. We kept on going. Deming we pulling into the Walmart parking lot and Glenda went shopping, no black eye peas of any kind available. So we had fried coleslaw with pork chops for our New Years supper. That and some choice words about poor streaming service.

Our trip has been without hiccups. Keep your fingers crossed. We’ll call you around 2 or so Barb.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 AM   #1978
RVM #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Have a safe day Harv & Glenda.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #1979

Gulf Streamers Club
Hope the remainder of trip went well and you and Glenda are safely at your place in East Yuma. Will try and call tomorrow.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #1980

They had the lights still up at our place in the Foothills.

We arrived in Yuma at 3:00. Jane is full of diesel for the trip home late March early April.

It’s good to be home. It is so good to have fast internet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDE07B78-85CC-4B5D-9899-6F0B8A177A7E.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	271235  
Old 01-02-2020, 09:11 PM   #1981

Gulf Streamers Club
Great to hear. Now rest those ribs.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 10:59 PM   #1982

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah!!!!!!

Good Girl, Jane!

Now relax! Rail!
Old 01-03-2020, 04:09 AM   #1983

Glad you made the trip without major problems.
Enjoy the warm Yuma climate.
Old 01-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #1984

Welcome to Yuma Harvey and Glenda!!!!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:40 AM   #1985

For us it isn’t just about the wonderful Yuma weather. We’ve got fast internet!!!

No buffering while streaming.

So of course since we have such a wonderful thing we went ahead and got the cable minimum cable package while we were at it. Play off time and since we’re news junkies..........

So we tried, and tried, and tried, the self install. I turned it over to Glenda and she went to the old telco help. Tech is supposed to come by today and see what old people messed up.

It’s kind of nice to get here and there isn’t any real projects to get involved in besides general maintenance. Dozer has settled right in like he’s home too. No squirrels but he can’t have everything.

We made friends visit before last with an old guy who makes the neatest wood thingys. They’ve been coming for years and he has a garage/shop where he has boxes full of components. He makes parts and then he assembles. He’s a little heavy and gets around for the most part with a mobility chair. He wants to modify it and tried with wood, didn’t work well. So he has a welding project for us to do. We’ll have some fun.

We’re roughing it in Yuma, can’t get better than that.
Old 01-04-2020, 08:51 AM   #1986
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Harvey, if you’re looking for a project, come on out to Notta Ranch. You can have your pick of about 20 that I need to do.

One that I thought might be right up your alley is helping me figure out how to turn the metal pieces we cut out of the container into security shutters. I’d like to close Connie back up good and tight for those months that the fur kids and I spend in Seattle.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Harvey, if you’re looking for a project, come on out to Notta Ranch. You can have your pick of about 20 that I need to do.

One that I thought might be right up your alley is helping me figure out how to turn the metal pieces we cut out of the container into security shutters. I’d like to close Connie back up good and tight for those months that the fur kids and I spend in Seattle.
There’s a guy in Welton with a CL ad for used steel. Prices are a little high for north Texas but about right for southwest AZ. Depending on how ragged the cuts are it should be easy enough to frame up the blank and the cut out with angle iron to cover up the openings. I have a welder here at western our house and we can design it where it they be installed with nuts and bolts at Notta.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #1988

Yesterday Glenda and myself went to the old Yuma Swap Meet. It’s an experience. I had to take some selfies with some of my favorite vendors to send to Cuz’s husband up at Holbrook taking care of home ownership issues. He should be back by the end of the week. It was good to see them. We do have some fun negotiating just because that’s what we do. I saw a bucket of good railroad spikes and asked price. He said, “I get a buck each but for you, for you two for a dollar.” There went my promise to myself to not buy anything. I do wish I had a place like this in north Texas close to Thereabouts.

Our mission was citrus, Glenda wanted local citrus. I walked up to where she was buying some stuff from a very nice young man, sweet limes five for a dollar. She picked out five and the young man insisted she take one more. She still has the charm that drives younger men crazy.

We’re still setting up. But there’s no big hurry, the fires are in Australia, today. And it seems the washer is having an issue and that has jumped to the front of the to do list.

The weather is amazing. Mid forties this morning. 70 by lunch time or so, and by bed time we’ll be turning on the electric heater in the living area. Life is tuff in Yuma this time of year.

We started this thing with the concrete turtles a year or so ago. We found some really neat ones at the swap meet and they’re priced less than same thing in Mexico. We also found the neatest plant holder made from a bicycle. We didn’t buy it but I was informed that I was going to make at least one when we got back to Thereabouts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27147EF8-2497-4797-A419-27673FE1C46B.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	556.8 KB
ID:	271520