Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:51 AM   #3109

I like to say, “better lucky than good. Anyone can be good, that just takes effort.” Those galvanized strips define that statement. They were a gift I had to be forced to accept. Then when it came to figuring out how to frame up the soffit they made it magic without the lamp. The angle piece for the inboard frame left a remnant that was perfect for the edge required for the roof panel overlap.

Luck.

Amazing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #3110

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6695.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	408.6 KB
ID:	349197

It’s coming together. A cold front is coming through bringing our first freeze in the morning. We’re supposed to have strong north winds today and tomorrow with highs in the low sixties both days.

Maysie is going great with out training. We’ve learned that when she barks at us when playing or just being it isn’t about a need for love and affection. It’s about math, basic math, ones and twos even.

I believe that our pets will learn how to behave from us. The us here include three cats. She’s training them too.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #3111

Harv, How is the soffit ventilated? Are you concerned about potential condensation pooling in the soffit pans and causing problems/corrosion? Looking great all told, and thanks for the pics and explanations!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:50 AM   #3112

Good pictures. You are going to need a rest in Yuma.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:08 AM   #3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Harv, How is the soffit ventilated? Are you concerned about potential condensation pooling in the soffit pans and causing problems/corrosion? Looking great all told, and thanks for the pics and explanations!

All of the soffits are isolated from the roof and porches. So the source of the moisture is small. There is natural ventilation, it is not air tight. If there is an issue then I can add vents.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:23 AM   #3114

Yesterday we got 8 panels up. Then the cold moved in middle afternoon. This morning it’s installing the eave trim and soffit pieces we have made up. We are installing the trim and soffits just ahead of the panels. Hopefully we will get some more panels up. The next ten panels are the longest for this side. Five to the peak and then it’s downhill from there.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6700.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	349303

The Maysie saga continues. Rachel is actually acting like she might consider playing with the newbie to the family. Barnie is still fascinated by the new member. Heidi is still unsure. But she does love playing catch me if you can occasionally. The big issue right now is the biting. Maysie hasn’t grasped the concepts of nibbles are okay but chomps are not.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:01 AM   #3115

Roof is looking good.
Took awhile to break Sassy from taking bites. I little tap on her nose got her attention. That's where she started understanding what no mean. All I have to do is raise my finger. She stops whatever she is doing. Those puppy teeth were sharp.
I cat sit for neighbors 3 cats at their house. Took a few times for them to agree Sassy was good company. Now they play follow the leader with her.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:51 AM   #3116

Life with Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Roof is looking good.

Took awhile to break Sassy from taking bites. I little tap on her nose got her attention. That's where she started understanding what no mean. All I have to do is raise my finger. She stops whatever she is doing. Those puppy teeth were sharp.

I cat sit for neighbors 3 cats at their house. Took a few times for them to agree Sassy was good company. Now they play follow the leader with her.

The Magnificent Miss Maysie, her given name at the OKC school where she was found, is Miss Glenda’s dawg. She tolerates me, teases the cats, but becomes a bundle of excited kisses at the sight of Glenda. The cats have discovered the comfort and fun of altitude. However, they still aren’t comfortable with the nose around the butt or tail nibbling one oh one.

I was shocked at the picture of Sassy. I just assumed that she would be a puppy forever. She’s matured beautifully.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:17 PM   #3117

Harv, when you go to Yuma, you're gonna have quite the menagerie going with y'all!. Maysie plus cats! Should be an experience. Have you fired up Jane any time recently? Jane's been mighty patient. I have not fired up our coach since early March. I've got to do it very soon!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:49 AM   #3118

Name:	IMG_6721.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	349444 the difference between the previous photo and this one is 6 panels. We got those installed yesterday. The longest panel is done. And from now on the panels will get progressively shorter. Short panels are easier to install than long ones. Figure every panel is 16 1/2” shorter than the last. So the last panel of the goal will be almost half the length of the first one today. Three of the panels will have 7 clips, three screws per clip, and 35’ of crimping with the hand tool. One of those panels will be the first one today. The goal for today is 11 panels, or to the next rafter. If we get that done we will have all of the long panels and about 85% of the roof on.

I still have a ton of tidying up to do but I can do that. It’s just work. We might have Thanksgiving on Tuesday with Cuz and her husband so they can get on the road chasing caches getting to Yuma. We haven’t been there in two years now and all of us are excited about spending some quality time chillin’ in Yuma.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #3119

Tom the cats will stay here. We will take the Magnificent Miss Maysey to Yuma with us. Her math is really good with help from friends. She hasn’t had a #2 accident in a week and the #1’s have been after she sounded an alarm and her humans didn’t react.

She’s got the cats by their curiosity. Yesterday she ran right between the legs of Barnie and Rachel with no response at all from them. In fact last evening Rachel came into the coach for the first time on her own. Her curiosity got the best of her about Maysey’s living quarters. The whole time she was in Maysey just laid there watching, smart, very smart.

If Maysey is running around outside you can bet at least one of the cats is monitoring. They’ve never had a puppy before but they’re learning.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #3120

Name:	IMG_6737.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	349535

Yesterday was a long day.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #3121

Name:	IMG_6745.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	349536 Less than 5% of the roof panels are left to be installed. We need to have all of them up this week so that the roof over the apartment and porch can be sprayed with closed cell foam as soon as possible. Weather has to be warm for that to happen.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:06 AM   #3122

Gulf Streamers Club
Amazing progress Harvey. Y'all have gotten so much completed. You will get roof done and foam installed next week as required. And dried in before your transition to Yuma in January. Its just work and you can do work. Saw activity across the street from your Yuma place this last week. Appears Roger is here. Have not seen him but I am looking. Went to desert yesterday in Tracker. All seems to be working as it should.

Looking forward to seeing and visiting in January when y'all get here.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote