Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 06:04 AM   #3277

22º this morning with a 7º windchill. That’s not much feel like or way too much depending upon your perspective.

I’ve got to deliver Maysie to the vet this morning for her free (LOL) monthly bath. Glenda will pick her up after her hair appointment at the jr college. She’s going full monty, pedicure, manicure, and haircut. Maysie will have to settle for just the bath and strange kisses.

Ron, it’s kind of amazing how the pups will expand in space. I bet she is happier than if she had two tails and lived in a assisted living center without rocking chairs.

Yesterday I picked up Paint’s remains and filled up a new 16 cf freezer. 380 lbs of beef came home and we had chicken enchilada soup for supper.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2022, 09:12 AM   #3278

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Harv,

What's the name of the little dog you posted a while back that was lying on a blue blanket with it's front legs stretched out in front? It looks a little like a miniature Schnauzer. Thanks, Drew
Old 01-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #3279

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttin View Post
Harv,

What's the name of the little dog you posted a while back that was lying on a blue blanket with it's front legs stretched out in front? It looks a little like a miniature Schnauzer. Thanks, Drew
That's the magnificent Miss Maysie. She's a yorkie cross of some kind that at four months is just under five pounds.

The closest thing we've found that looks like her is a male three months older on Craigs List Sherman texas. He's listed as a yorkie cross and $1400.00. One can dream I guess LOLOLOLOL I doubt very seriously if twice that price would pry her from Glenda's arms. Maysie showed up at a middle school in OKC in a cold rain. No one claimed her and she was offered to Glenda. Maysie seems to understand that Glenda saved her and that's that. I'm here for entertainment and poop patrol.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:51 AM   #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
That's the magnificent Miss Maysie. She's a yorkie cross of some kind that at four months is just under five pounds.

The closest thing we've found that looks like her is a male three months older on Craigs List Sherman texas. He's listed as a yorkie cross and $1400.00. One can dream I guess LOLOLOLOL I doubt very seriously if twice that price would pry her from Glenda's arms. Maysie showed up at a middle school in OKC in a cold rain. No one claimed her and she was offered to Glenda. Maysie seems to understand that Glenda saved her and that's that. I'm here for entertainment and poop patrol.
You should ask for half your money back. Because Maysie only has one ear standing up. She is a cutie.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:20 AM   #3281

Life with Jane

And Ron, huge issue. She doesn’t always keep the same ear up.

9:30 last night I took Maysie with me from the little house to the coach for the night. It was in the low twenties with a stiff breeze and I had put her down for a last math class for the evening. She headed west to the edge of the driveway barking. It was the neighbor taking her pups out for the evening math. On leashes of course, they’re great dogs but not magnificent Miss Maysie great.

It’s 16º with a single digit wind chill this morning. Last night I prepared for the chance of frozen pipes in the coach underbelly this morning. I had water ready and the coffee filter clean. Lucky me. Imaginary coffee doesn’t do what needs to be done. Pipes are frozen. They shouldn’t be frozen long, expected high of forty today, 20º Saturday morning with a temporary warm up on the horizon.

Part of the adventure of this project is the occasional inconvenience. We have some inconveniences. They’re like jalopenas on morning eggs. They make it interesting.

Last night I was online looking at the options for the PEX-A plumbing. My local wholesale plumbing supply let me know the other day they don’t do PEX-A. One wholesaler in Sherman handles that. I was more than a little surprised. PEX-A is the best system with PEX-B mostly for do it yourselfers. It turns out that both of the box stores carry PEX-A components that can be ordered online at a reasonable cost. HD has a 12 outlet PEX-A manifold that looks like exactly what I wanted, just didn’t know it until I saw it.

This journey has been like leaving the valley heading for a distant peak. Most of the time all that is visible is the immediate grade/obstacle. When you get over that there’s another, and another, and so on. Last night was a plateau where I could take a break and enjoy the scenery and see the peak was close and most of the biggest obstacles that were the most difficult behind me. It’s a good place to be.

“Have you ever done stuff like the electrical and plumbing before?” Glenda asked me.

“No. But I have no doubt that I can” was my reply. I think it’s going to be fun.

She’s not so sure.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:33 AM   #3282

Over on TBN there is a thread where a couple is building their house. Some good reading on all the same things you are going thru.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...0#post-6181287
Old 01-21-2022, 07:35 AM   #3283

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, my Monaco Windsor has a manifold system in it that you can turn off each plumbing supply line, hot and cold, to each fixture! It is pretty slick, just wondering if you have a MH salvage yard near you, you might be able to pick up one for a good price! Might be worth a quick Google search? Rail!
Old 01-21-2022, 08:44 AM   #3284

Gulf Streamers Club
Stan, good idea on using the manifold from a Monaco or other motorhome. I do like pex and have the crimping tool for type B. Harvey, do you have the pipe expander for the type A yet? Just wondering what system you are choosing. Just a reminder. It is not freezing here in Yuma.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #3285

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
It is not freezing here in Yuma.

ron and pebbles
Darn close to freezing. Got down to 5ºC last night here in the Q.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #3286

Gulf Streamers Club
Temp this morning here in Yuma Foothills was 46°. Q is colder than Yuma. I think Yuma is warmest in Arizona. Just trying to encourage Harvey and Glenda to come visit their property that is 2 blocks from where I am now.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 01:43 PM   #3287

Quote:
Stan, good idea on using the manifold from a Monaco or other motorhome. I do like pex and have the crimping tool for type B. Harvey, do you have the pipe expander for the type A yet? Just wondering what system you are choosing. Just a reminder. It is not freezing here in Yuma.

ron and pebbles
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Apollo-1...335734#overlay

I have the expanding tool, DeWalt 20volt. This is basically plug and play.

The big advantage of the PEX-A is you are not choked down at fittings, ie half inch pipe becomes three eighths and it's much easier to work with in tight places.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #3288

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Temp this morning here in Yuma Foothills was 46°. Q is colder than Yuma. I think Yuma is warmest in Arizona. Just trying to encourage Harvey and Glenda to come visit their property that is 2 blocks from where I am now.

ron and pebbles
I haven’t researched temperatures yet, but Yuma is in the Guinness book of world records for being the sunniest city in the world! I live in Yuma County about 60 miles East. We get more sunshine than Yuma, so I like to claim we are the sunniest place in the world. Could be why there is a second solar farm being built on 2,000 acres just north of me. The more sunshine the warmer the land.

i’m playing catch-up a bit. My projects have been keeping me so busy that I haven’t read this forum in a few days. Responding to a post a few pages back, I did want to mention that I installed an RV toilet in my tiny house because it conserves water. Water being a very precious commodity out here, every ounce counts. I did opt for an ADA porcelain bowl unit and it has worked out well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:15 AM   #3289

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7164.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	393.9 KB
ID:	354438 The dog and two of the cats have Glenda for love and affection. I on the other hand belong to one cat. I had taken a nap after a late lunch and awoke to Heidi allowing me to be her pillow.

It seems like every day Miss Maysie does something to amaze me. yesterday it was sit on the property line and watch me get mauled by the neighbor’s puppy a hundred feet away. Even Dozer the perfect dog, getting more perfect every day, would have been over there with me because well, it’s a dog rule thing.

22º this morning with a high of almost fifty. We can deal with that.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:16 AM   #3290

A couple of days of fifty highs and then this weekend a warm up. Same old stuff here. Doors are in and hopefully the windows will be done today.

Maysie is coming into her own. Her latest trick is only one ear is up. And we never know which one it will be. Still cute as heck but it can be confusing.

Be kind.