Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2017, 03:48 AM   #715

Your setup looks like mine in Mesa. Nice job.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #716

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, you need the screens for the front and side windows for Jane! You said you have the sewing machine right there! You can sew in snaps at the corners, that is what i have for Mona! I also have the covers for the wheelwells too! They all snap on, and make a big difference! I will post pictures tomorrow! I did my house windows that i lived in, in Algodones, wire tied the sun screens to the security bars! Worked great, and dropped the temp's about ten degrees Inside! Rail!
Old 11-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #717

Winnebago Owners Club
Looking comfortable. Make sure everything is securely tied down. Winds come up occasionally and they seem to be worse in the Foothills. We tied the awning down with ratchet straps when we had the 5er down here. Now we just roll the awning up.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #718

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Your setup looks like mine in Mesa. Nice job.
I used your name in vain today my friend. I talked to Don I swear for an hour and we both have high opinions of you and Betty. Back in the day we were the way.

Gordon gave me the name of the place that did his shields like Rail was suggesting. We'll talk to them next week and see if we want to have them do them or have dad and Glenda tackle (have the fun) with it and just buy the materials.

Unless you've been here it's a little tough understanding that it can hit ninety in the day and be comfortable at nine pm in the coach without the a/c.

Today I set up an account with a welding supply. I've also got the business card of the college blacksmith instructor. And, huge and, size of a boxcar, found my steel supplier. It's a welding shop with a crew almost as sick as me.

We're lining up the fun factors.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #719

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Uh oh, it sounds like Harvey is about to get dangerous! Yuma will never be the same again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #720

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Harvey, here is a pic of Mona and Bailey at the M&G in Kentucky, and she has the sun shades on the front, sides, and wheelwells! They snap on, and I found if you lay them out in the sun, let them soak up the sun for a bit, they soften up real nice, and are much easier to install! The first time I put them on, I fought them! Also, after you price them, you will probably be getting a snap kit, and sewing them up your self! I got lucky and the PO already had Mona done for me! Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail Pic of Mona at the 1st M&G!.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	183653
Old 11-23-2017, 05:25 AM   #721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
I used your name in vain today my friend. I talked to Don I swear for an hour and we both have high opinions of you and Betty. Back in the day we were the way.
Your name got mentioned yesterday on my end also. Son has his truck at a Yuma repair facility getting some major work done. Told him to call me if he needed some help. Bcause a I know a guy that has nothing to do all winter.
Another was with a RV friend that spent a lot time in Yuma area with his sand rails. He mentioned that he had a good friend in Yuma that owns a junk yard.
You seem to have found good supplies so far.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Send same to Glenda and your dad.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Uh oh, it sounds like Harvey is about to get dangerous! Yuma will never be the same again.
Yuma will be fine. Character in Yuma is rampant. I'm like a period in a world of exclamation points here.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #723

When I was a kid, bout sixty years ago, mom would get XMas money painting Christmas scenes on store windows. It was a lot like Ginger Rogers dancing. She painted on the inside using Tempera water colors. Like Ginger dancing, it was backwards. We would fill in as she did the outlines. One of the things fun to watch was how she could freehand out the pointsettas. This time of year I think about pointsettas and mom. And yes, it’s free hand. And it makes me feel good to hear my dad tell Glenda that I’m like my mom in some ways.

I had to do this for the place in Yuma. In the next day or so it will be in lights on the flag pole out front, only one on this side of town.

The bender is a craft bender I’ve had at least 20 years. The steel is 1/4” square rod. And the table is concrete back board for bathroom tiles. I’m doing this cold but when we get to doing the hot stuff we can use the backboard without fear of burning a table.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	868C8D0E-C0A1-4DE8-B9ED-0F243C7E8C26.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	546.5 KB
ID:	183915   Click image for larger version

Name:	B2F029E1-E633-4015-9600-C68595FBA1C0.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	183916  

Name:	62CB42A0-C46D-41CD-9149-F73B8A6A105C.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	183917  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #724
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow, Harvey. Thanks for sharing the memories. And, the photos. It's obvious you inherited some of Mom's creativity.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #725

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice
Old 11-26-2017, 01:43 PM   #726

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://ezsnapdirect.com/products/rv-shades/

https://www.rvquickshades.com/

Harv,

Here are two other options I have been checking out for our MH. Check them out and see what you think.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:28 PM   #727

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
https://ezsnapdirect.com/products/rv-shades/

https://www.rvquickshades.com/

Harv,

Here are two other options I have been checking out for our MH. Check them out and see what you think.

Lynne
Glenda ordered some of the quick shades and the order extra suction cups to make her own. They work great except here in the direct sun. She said the other one was too expensive. We'll get a quote from sewmasters and that way we can compare.

On the suction cups she went crazy, she got some material somewhere that was more dense and we have them on all of the windows.

Thanks for the links.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #728

Today with a nap in between we did some more work on the poinsettias concept. Originally it was supposed to go on the flagpole but weight and wind concerns have changed that.

I thought I would see how it would fit in the front walk gate arch. Now the idea is to set it up on top of the arch using the arch as a ribbon and bow. I mean, heck, anyone can make a poinsettia out of steel rod, but with a bow, not so much.

Tomorrow we do a steel run. We need some stock for the anvil stand and some other projects. I've got a material list for the steel building to call into Phoenix. One of the interesting things about that is they are used to taking your size of building and then telling you everything you need. It will be fun to see how they take just a simple material list.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oJRfAZlHSEKl51Jnw9eClw.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	494.8 KB
ID:	183982   Click image for larger version

Name:	r8BSNsgBS9aIb37BygmVKw.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	183983