Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2016, 06:54 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
I install Home Depot Allure several years ago. Has held up well. Even with us spending 5 months + in it. In another recent thread on Allure it was mentioned that Allure was selling for 50% off.
That's what we used in the fifth wheel. We got it on sale and it was easy to install. It held up well and was still looking good when we passed it on.

Jane has a factory wood floor in the kitchen area and I will get as close as I can to matching it in the bath and living room areas
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #86

This morning the best thing about me got her left eye de-cataracted. So today I'm hanging out being the "hand me" man. I did get to vote on the way home, seven people in the room and only one voting, me. Used to be there would be three, one watching the other two, circle thing. Now it seems they got watchers watching watchers too.

The Hayden misting kit came in, huge box from O'Reillys even though we bought from Amazon. Directions were definitely designed for the doer and not the wonderer. But for me it is perfect. I will supplement it with longer and better wiring etc. One of the neat things is it comes with an anti-siphon valve, never thought of that one.

$60.00 and in my book just what the doc ordered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4527.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	143274  
Old 11-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #87

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice Harvey, that should do the trick. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to the DW.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #88

We've been dry for the month of October and then two storms in November and we have 3" in the rain gauge. I discovered this afternoon we have a windshield leak. Oh joy!!!! We have a hundred percent insurance coverage on the windshield, two rock hits last trip, so we might get the leak fixed when the glass people come by.

I'm having some real fun, covered over in the Cummins forum, with the radiators. Just life in the city this close to the country kind of deal.

We're getting excited about the trips.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #89

Freightliner Owners Club
Harvey,
If you haven't seen the leak in the windshield, check the clearance lights up top, the have been known to leak then rundown onto the dash, just like a windshield leak.
Frank
Old 11-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Harvey,
If you haven't seen the leak in the windshield, check the clearance lights up top, the have been known to leak then rundown onto the dash, just like a windshield leak.
Frank
I found and fixed the windshield leak Frank. We have no deductible on the windshield insurance so when Jane is back on the road I will get a permanent fix. I had that marking light leak onto the dash on Lucy the 5500 Chevy tho.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4559.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	144069  
Old 11-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #91

Today I redneck tested the CAC unit. The inner tube plugs were hose clamped, three hose clamps per side, and I filled it up with air in the water trough, one end of a time, big trough, just not big enough for the CAC unit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4551.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	144070   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4557.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	442.0 KB
ID:	144071  

Name:	IMG_4558.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	396.0 KB
ID:	144072  
Old 11-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #92

The redneck inner tube plugs leaked so I had to keep adding air but there was no bubbles from the radiator itself.

Today was one of those good days. The CAC test was positive.

Ten or twelve years ago I ran a poly water line from the house to the corral at adopted kid's house. Poly line came in 100' coils. So I measured out a hundred feet. I knew it wasn't very deep so I started probing with a rod where I thought the line might be located. About the third time I hit something hard about two inches deep. I located a valve box and VOILA!!! There was a splice coupler and it was leaking. Evidently I was smart back then.

Then in a corner of the barn I found the carcass of a chicken snake (Texas rat snake). Earlier this year I started putting golf balls in the nest boxes in the chicken house. If you are in the south and have chickens you are going to have chicken snakes. When I've caught the snakes in the chicken house I have relocated them, don't like killing things much. The snake I found today had a golf ball in his middle. I've always suspected that golf killed and now I have proof.

Last but not least, found the windshield leak.

Today was a good day. I needed that.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:01 AM   #93

Freightliner Owners Club
Harvey,
Glad that you found the windshield leak. Now that you have the RCAC out and tested, how are the fins? Looks like you are moving right along on repairing Jane and getting her back in tip top shape.
Frank
Old 11-13-2016, 08:05 AM   #94

I talked to the previous owner for forty five minutes or so the other day about recent stuff he had changed out on the front of the motor. It looked like all I needed to do was put it all back together. But when I pulled the fan etc because it was so accessible I found this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4566.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	144256  
Old 11-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #95

I have a leaking head gasket so I will pull the head this week and get it checked. Then I will put it all back together. There's a part of me that wants to feel discouraged but the logical part of me says, "better now than later".
Old 11-14-2016, 06:59 AM   #96

Freightliner Owners Club
Harvey,
I know that it is a lot of work, but better now that you have it partially apart, and not after you have it all the way together or out on a trip some where.
Frank
Old 11-14-2016, 07:16 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Harvey,
I know that it is a lot of work, but better now that you have it partially apart, and not after you have it all the way together or out on a trip some where.
Frank
That's my argument with the best thing about me. She was pretty upset when I broke the news to her but the upside as I see it is I won't have to worry about the motor when we're on the road.

We ordered the Michelins, $2,412.00 out the door and on Jane. 225 70 19.5 XRV's, six of them.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #98

You going to have it done for your trip next week?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum