Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #3123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Attachment 349197

It’s coming together. A cold front is coming through bringing our first freeze in the morning. We’re supposed to have strong north winds today and tomorrow with highs in the low sixties both days.

Maysie is going great with out training. We’ve learned that when she barks at us when playing or just being it isn’t about a need for love and affection. It’s about math, basic math, ones and twos even.

I believe that our pets will learn how to behave from us. The us here include three cats. She’s training them too.
Looking really good!
Papa Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #3124

Happy thanksgiving, harv and glenda!
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:09 AM   #3125

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6763.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	565.2 KB
ID:	349793The magnificent Miss Maysie is finding out she lives in a place full of adventures.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #3126

Name:	IMG_6767.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	349794

The goal right now is to complete the open corner and have everything ready for the foam installer to do the roof area over the apartment and porches.

We’ve got this. Of course there’s no way we would be this far along without the help of cuz and her husband. They pull out this morning taking the cache route to Yuma. It will take them at least three weeks.

Then it’s building the exterior wall of the apartment. That will allow us have everything dried in while we’re in Yuma for a couple of months.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:17 AM   #3127

Happy Thanksgiving Tom and Mary. I hope you have everything tied down this morning.

We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We had ours yesterday. Glenda knocked it out of the park. All of the usual stuff, jalopena cranberry relish, homemade pecan and pumpkin pies, etc and so on.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #3128

Name:	IMG_1456.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	528.0 KB
ID:	349860 As you can see some of us look much better in the morning than others.,
Old 11-26-2021, 07:17 AM   #3129

Name:	IMG_6770.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	712.4 KB
ID:	349861The traditional name for us for a fatted calf is Dinner. But this young fella has been named Paint for the obvious marking on his butt to keep him identifiable in a couple of weeks for the trip to the, er, uh, slaughterhouse.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:34 PM   #3130

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Attachment 349860 As you can see some of us look much better in the morning than others.,
Don’t be surprised to see Maysie come home from her first grooming appointment looking like a totally different puppy. Lily had black tipped hair when I got her at 8 weeks old. That all ended up on the floor when she was about 4 months old and she has been creamy tan color ever since. Bebe didn’t change as much since her birth color was solid creamy tan.

When they are across the yard I have to look carefully to see who is who. They have different color collars and Bebe's tail is docked. I think she’s jealous of Lily because she's always trying to hang onto Lily’s tail with her teeth. That makes Lily furious.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:03 AM   #3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Don’t be surprised to see Maysie come home from her first grooming appointment looking like a totally different puppy. Lily had black tipped hair when I got her at 8 weeks old. That all ended up on the floor when she was about 4 months old and she has been creamy tan color ever since. Bebe didn’t change as much since her birth color was solid creamy tan.

When they are across the yard I have to look carefully to see who is who. They have different color collars and Bebe's tail is docked. I think she’s jealous of Lily because she's always trying to hang onto Lily’s tail with her teeth. That makes Lily furious.
My Sassy was medium dark brown when we brought her home at 10 weeks. Each grooming got her lighter until she is now tan.
Old 11-27-2021, 06:46 AM   #3132

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
My Sassy was medium dark brown when we brought her home at 10 weeks. Each grooming got her lighter until she is now tan.

Oh No!!!!!!! The dorky yorky might be a beige bombette!?!?

Say it isn’t so Nannette.

Maysie now wears bells. She’s adjusted. Cat’s not so much. She is definitely Glenda’s dawg, at least in her mind. And the bells help with Glenda’s peace of mind. She has an irrational fear of a hawk or owl grabbing a fuzzy snack.

I can see her being a beige. When I had Glenda read the comments she suggested no haircuts. But it is what it is. Beige or black tipped she’s a heart worm.

We wondered about her history, showing up at the school in the rain and no one searching for her. The other day a couple of neighborhood kids saw her and came our way. She hauled butt screaming like someone was about to beat her to us. The same thing when she sees a strange dog in the yard. She screams out and heads for security. Once it’s okay with us then she’s fine.

She’s nuts on smart. An example is I’m up in the coach on the IPad. I put her outside for her math lesson. As soon as she had that down she was up the steps and into the coach, cold outside. She wanted to play but she understands I’m not a play with dog first thing in the morning person. She let me know she wanted on the sofa and she’s self entertaining with her toys. The same with the cats, each one gets a different Maysie neighbor/sister.

Yesterday evening after supper she came up to me barking. “What is that all about?” Glenda asked.

“She wants me to tell you to take her outside for a math class” I replied. I was right. When you only have to count to two it doesn’t take long for math lessons. Glenda was impressed.
Old 11-27-2021, 11:03 PM   #3133

Our pets pick us, we don’t pick them. DW found a cold, wet and hungry chica-poo on her porch at work Wednesday. She brought it in and fed it and let it nap. After work she took it to the Humane Society to be reunited to its owner. Friday, I stop by the HS and made claim to the dog, if the owner wasn’t found. LOL, they told me they would put it up for adoption after 3 days and 1st come would have 1st choice for adoptable dogs. Fortunately, it’s owner came as I would have been very difficult to deal with. Maybe next time, we should just take the stray home and skip the Humane Society all together.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:01 AM   #3134

Here is a picture of Sassy at 12 weeks old. Her ears took the longest to turn tan. I would have liked her to stay dark. Here nose and mouth are a reddish color.

Name:	20190607_115829119_iOS.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	349974
Old 11-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #3135

Quote:
Here is a picture of Sassy at 12 weeks old. Her ears took the longest to turn tan. I would have liked her to stay dark. Here nose and mouth are a reddish color.
Attachment 349974
Looking beneath the dark tips I see beige fur so it looks like we will have our own champagne lap pup sooner than later. Wednesday she goes for her second worming treatment and more puppy stuff. It's a ton of fun watching her learn our place and denizens. The cats are learning the best defense/offensive technique involves altitude.

Yesterday was a misty light sprinkles miserable kind of day. Day before while at HF we looked at a work chest that fit our needs in the barndo. While reading the ad copy we saw it was comparable to a Husky for $29.00 more. It turned out HD had it on sale for $2.00 less than HF. They looked like they were built on the same line. Plus I get the Vet's discount at HD, saved $40.00. Chest is sitting on the truck waiting for the skid steer to be freed up for unloading. Skid steer has gin pole with winch on it for lifting beam into place on roof framing.

Heads up for vets on HD. It's been a frustrating thing getting the discount at HD sometimes. But in December according to the nice folks at our HD they are going to online registering for veteran discount and it will be tied to telephone number just like at Lowes. The registers will not have any power for giving discount once that is up and running.

Getting the discount at HD has been awkward at times in the past. First you show them the veteran stamp on the driver's license. Not accepted, need an approved ID with picture from the VA or current military ID. All it takes is someone trying to exert a little DNA mistake and something simple becomes cause for management's intervention. I have the ID plus the Disabled Vet license plate when needed. Being questioned over an advertised benefit is insulting.

First thing yesterday was the gin pole winch battery was bad, ouch. Then when I tried to start the truck it was dead too. Five year Walmart battery with 42 months on it, $30.00 off on replacement. Yesterday wasn't the most productive of days for us.

We've got good weather for the next week or so. Happy days are here again.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:36 AM   #3136

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Attachment 349974
My girls are close to the color of the desert sand. I hope that helps them be harder to spot by flying predators. We hear coyotes at night, but they seem to be at least a half mile away. They are 7 and 9 pounds or snack size to the howlers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote