RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
D K

Looking for a recommendation

Hello

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this (Mod, feel free to move it), so I'm putting it here.

I'm looking for a late 90's to early 2000's 35ft + diesel pusher.

Would love to hear from other members and listen to their experiences!

I'm handy, can do most work myself, although I would prefer not to have to pull the engine and I don't do much on the transmissions.

We are a family of 4 and based out of Denver. Our purpose is to explore the Rockies, Montana, Wyoming and would like something that is good and robust and will last a while.

Thanks in advance!
David
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We just had a discussion to get you started

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/olde...lp-399514.html
slowmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #3

I always tell people to consider a Winnebago. There are not many brands out there that are 20 years old and still under the same ownership, many have sold off names more than Indian motorcycle. If you want a black tank or a front fascia for a 20 year old coach, it's tough to beat the availability of Winnebago's support.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
40' monaco signature 1996 and lovin it

We bought a 1996 Monaco Signature Executive a year ago and somewhat full time it. (We have a house rental when necessary.) This is my first year rving and I love the experience. I have learned an enormous amount about the systems on our monaco becuase the major components need replacing. I am finding that it can be difficult to find parts since many are obsolete. Fortunately, the 8.3 cummins is an endlessly rebuldable engine. In the last year we have done the exhaust manifold, turbo, charge air cooler, radiator, fuel shut off solenoid, cruise control and moved around the interior a bit. I've done it all myself. Saved thousands and bought the monaco for a good deal. Yes its been $10k in updating everything, but I have a solid rig for the next 20 years.
MatthewChase is offline   Reply With Quote