Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2011, 06:47 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
This is why we've always had AAA- I don't think there have been very many years when they've made any money on us.

One tow or tire change per year, not to mention breakdowns, and you've paid for your membership.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
This is why we've always had AAA- I don't think there have been very many years when they've made any money on us.

One tow or tire change per year, not to mention breakdowns, and you've paid for your membership.

I use up all 4 of my tows each year and the two tows for MH as well so that is 6 tows a year!!!
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppatello View Post
I use up all 4 of my tows each year and the two tows for MH as well so that is 6 tows a year!!!
The first year I got AAA I got it for my girlfriend at the time and myself so we had 4 each to use and we used it at least 7 if not 8 times between 3-4 tows and lock outs. I've never ever lost money with a AAA membership, but now that I have the RV I think I will be switching to coach-net.
Guy an a dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #18
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy an a dog View Post
The first year I got AAA I got it for my girlfriend at the time and myself so we had 4 each to use and we used it at least 7 if not 8 times between 3-4 tows and lock outs. I've never ever lost money with a AAA membership, but now that I have the RV I think I will be switching to coach-net.
Sounds like you might want to get them both
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Great looking rig!
I love the boxy shape of the older MH's.

And here's my favorite of your interior pictures.........

The microwave completely covering the stovetop cracked me up Click image for larger version

Name:	36364f50453402f25b2a_5.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	10679
Was it advertised as "Stove's never been used"?
Looks like my husband's dream rig...
Except he'd probably cover the sink, too!
Where else would the bigscreen TV go?

Francesca
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
Great looking rig!

Francesca

Flat screens go nice just over head of the cockpit area!!!

AAA has camper towing as well for I believe an extra 80 a year. Covers trailers and such as well...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Great looking rig!
I love the boxy shape of the older MH's.

And here's my favorite of your interior pictures.........

The microwave completely covering the stovetop cracked me up Attachment 10679
Was it advertised as "Stove's never been used"?
Looks like my husband's dream rig...
Except he'd probably cover the sink, too!

Francesca
I was told the stove hadn't been used much by the previous owners....I hope it still works.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I'm sure the stove works just as long as your gas system is good. Not sure about your tanks but mine had the old 30 lb bottle set up and they would no longer fill them. So I scrapped them and if I install a new system I'm thinking on board tank in the tank compartment.

Many don't use the stove because of the heat and lack of room. We always cooked outside with the pop up just because of those reasons. Plus it adds to the roughing it style...
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppatello View Post
I'm sure the stove works just as long as your gas system is good. Not sure about your tanks but mine had the old 30 lb bottle set up and they would no longer fill them. So I scrapped them and if I install a new system I'm thinking on board tank in the tank compartment.

Many don't use the stove because of the heat and lack of room. We always cooked outside with the pop up just because of those reasons. Plus it adds to the roughing it style...
Well it's only been sitting 3-4 years and has propane in it so I'm hoping they will fill the tank I have.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Well it's only been sitting 3-4 years and has propane in it so I'm hoping they will fill the tank I have.
If the propane tank is the type that is bolted to the MH frame, there is no expiration, they will fill it.
As far as the stove microwave combo, I believe they call that a bachelors stove.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I think that a truly dedicated Bachelor Stove Person would just jerk that ol' gas stove out of there and put in more Beverage Cooling Capacity....
And pass that useless stove along...at a very low price...given it probably may not work maybe...to a good home...
In my trailer!

Francesca
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well, I think that a truly dedicated Bachelor Stove Person would just jerk that ol' gas stove out of there and put in more Beverage Cooling Capacity....
And pass that useless stove along...at a very low price...given it probably may not work maybe...to a good home...
In my trailer!

Francesca
Well I like to cook so the stove and oven working would be a big plus for me and as far as room for more crisp refreshing beverages I have a 12v Colman cooler from my trucking days so I'll always have a cold one ready when I pull into camp

I've seen some reasonably priced used stoves on my local Sacramento CL
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Well I like to cook so the stove and oven working would be a big plus for me and as far as room for more crisp refreshing beverages I have a 12v Colman cooler from my trucking days so I'll always have a cold one ready when I pull into camp

I've seen some reasonably priced used stoves on my local Sacramento CL

A man that likes to cook...a cool old motor home...a cute dog...unless I miss my guess, you'll have to change your "Guy an' a dog" handle before too long!
Guess I'll keep looking for a "new" stove! I'm probably just dreaming anyway- I'm not even sure I could cram a full size stove in my rig. My trailer's so small it'd just about fit in the compartment you let your dog hang out in...and there'd still be room for the dog!

Francesca

P.S.
You might blow out the burner tubes before you try the stove- they tend to grow spider nests when they've been idle for awhile.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

A man that likes to cook...a cool old motor home...a cute dog...unless I miss my guess, you'll have to change your "Guy an' a dog" handle before too long!
Guess I'll keep looking for a "new" stove! I'm probably just dreaming anyway- I'm not even sure I could cram a full size stove in my rig. My trailer's so small it'd just about fit in the compartment you let your dog hang out in...and there'd still be room for the dog!

Francesca

P.S.
You might blow out the burner tubes before you try the stove- they tend to grow spider nests when they've been idle for awhile.
Well it would be nice to meet a girl that wants to travel.
I was talking about a use RV stove. Find someone that is parting out an RV of any kind.