Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #29

The front of my 1976 Cadet is set up with a table and a wrap around bench seat. Each side of the seating pulls out into beds, a single or the left and a double on the right with a small space between them. A ladder fits in this space to access the twin bed that is made from the pull down cabinet. Currently we leave our front area down to make a king size bed.
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'd love to see your pictures of it , I am still working on getting the last of the old celing out around the edges, I should have kept going on taking it out when it was soggy and wet, now its hard to take out, LOL
buehler740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #31

Mine is still ripped apart, now all im waiting on is more money LOL. I need to get this thing finised.
SGT_KQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #32

This is cool, finally found a place to discuss my trailer. I purchased my 1976 Coachman cadet about 5 years ago. it is a 22' long beast, lol. Before I purchased it the previous owners had to replace to floorboards in the front due to water damage, with this they took out the wrap around seating int he front and went with a queen sized bed, which we like cause we are able to use a regular queen mattress to sleep on. I door I do not think is the original which at times is problematic. I have replaced the water heater since I have made the purchase. Also the refrig only works on gas not electric, have no idea why. The heater has also been replaced with a catalitic type heater. Its rough, but works good.

One thing I would like to confirm is the weight of the trailer, according to the tag onthe out side the gross weight is about 3500 lbs, which seems light to me. My buddies 1977 18'ft wilderness is like 4700 lbs. Any thoughts or is this correct.

Pics
MrRadiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #33

If you have questions on the weight you can also go to www.nadaguides.com and i believe they list the weight on there as well.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
well back working on it, just started putting that bubble type insulation in to cover the celing then be ready for the boards and gonna start sealing the seams next I gave it a bath and its really starting to look so good after I finish putting the celing in I can start putting it all back together decorating 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
Old 09-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #35

I did 4 trailers in a row. The last one was about 15 years ago but they were the canned ham style and the best way I found was to put the money in a bushel basket and use a snow shovel to throw it at the trailer.
I do find that once in a while I drift over to the trailer ads and start planning.

Maybe, someday.

Steve.
fasteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
I found these rolls of insulation, its kinda like bubble wrap I am covering now but the really great news is today I finished finally after all that scraping stuff on the roof, I finished and just sealed it, I can believe I finally got to this point , not much left to do on the inside now , just got to put in the celing and some molding then I can put the cabnits back in, golly its be alot of work on this but I am so proud , after putting in new plumbing, wiring, rebuild the floor and the celing and front wall and back walls , its just so nice to see, even gave it its first bath to, LOL , glad I took pictures of before and stuff I did as I went along to 1974 Coachmen Cadet pictures from outdoors photos on webshots
Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 PM   #37

A truly great job. You will be able to show your trailer with pride of ownership.
It is a long trail but when you get to the end what a feeling.

You have inspired me to start looking. Just need to tell the familly I need a hobby trailer.

Super job.

Steve
Old 09-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
thanks, back to it today, the closer to finishing I get the more excited I get, do what I did just show up at home with a trailer you find, once its home they cant really say to much right? lol
Old 09-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #39

I wish. I'm currently restoring my Nephews 1946 Chevy 2 ton truck but it's under cover. My brothers 1958 Plymouth wagon and the parts car in full view plus my 1984 Dodge class B camper and my sister in laws car, my brothers 1966 Ford wagon. Well you get the picture.

My sister in law St. Sharon is at the breaking point.

No trailers for Steve. LOL

Steve.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
wow you got alot to do, get one anyway and just try to finish up at least one that way you end up with the same amout of things to fix up, LOL,
Old 09-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #41

Well got to tell you that I have been looking at them a lot more but if I could buy one it would give proof to the "no fool like an old fool" line.

Steve.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #42

Does anybody know what color the rims are suppose to be?