Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppatello
Well I'm not going to get off topic but sure looks like a one barrel like my Carter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
Gentleman, place your bets...
My monies on it being a 2 barrel Carter.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a similar plate on my '78 Tioga. I think it is just a basic plate they use for placing the stamped information.

SyrenSkywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #31

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Johnnyd....thanks for sharing your work on the vintage RV. They are so awesome to see once they're refurbed. Looks like you've got your hands full with a project for a while but you're off to a great start. Keep it up and I'm sure we'd all like to see what can be done with the hard work and brain power. Thanks again!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #32

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
My monies on it being a 2 barrel Carter.
Chryslers bread and butter engine, the 318 came with a carter 2 brl. Produced 230 hp and 320 Ft lbs torque. Compression was lowered and detuned for emissions on 1971 and later years.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrenSkywolf View Post
I have a similar plate on my '78 Tioga. I think it is just a basic plate they use for placing the stamped information.

hmmm, damn it, ill never find out what this thing really is! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlapml View Post
Johnnyd....thanks for sharing your work on the vintage RV. They are so awesome to see once they're refurbed. Looks like you've got your hands full with a project for a while but you're off to a great start. Keep it up and I'm sure we'd all like to see what can be done with the hard work and brain power. Thanks again!
my pleasure, it keeps me on track, and im a bit of a gear head so I like all this work.

Quote:
Chryslers bread and butter engine, the 318 came with a carter 2 brl. Produced 230 hp and 320 Ft lbs torque. Compression was lowered and detuned for emissions on 1971 and later years.
it is the 318, has a lot of sack for a 40 year old motor
Johnnyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #34

Johnny,
Dodge used that ID plate up until they stopped making the motorhome chassis as part of the Chrysler bankruptcy situation. They also used that ID plate for other commercial/truck chassis identification. Please understand that Dodge only made the chassis. Dodge did not make the house portion. Manufacturers like Winnebago, Champion, Titan, Sports Coach, Vogue, Travco, Empress, Islander, Swinger, Etc. bought the chassis from Dodge and built the house on it. The Dodge ID plate is only reffering to the chassis portion that Dodge made. The VIN number on the plate only refers to the chassis itself, not the house (box). All house (box) information would be covered under the MH manufactures documentation. While it appears the RV manufacturer (or a previous owner) placed the Dodge/Mopar monicure on the front it is not the outfit that made the final RV. In your pictures, there appears to be some sort of lettering above the word Dodge on the front. What does it say? You need to know who made the box portion. The Dodge chassis VIN can not be used to tell you anything about the house portion.

Dodge only produced the 318 with a 2 barrel BBD Carter carb in the MH chassis.
Dodge used a Holley 4150/4160 4 barrel on the 413 in the MH chassis
Dodge used a Thermoquad for the 440-3 in the MH chassis
Dodge used a Holley 2245 2 barrel on the 360 in the MH chassis

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I also posted something earlier in a different thread about how I found another sticker, looked similar to the other one i posted above. Ill get a pic soon, but it said in order from the top.

WAYFARER

MFG by Vanguard Motorhomes

Then listed the chassis VIN, etc. Im at work, but i might have it in my truck... Ill run and go get a pic
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2571856633.png
Views:	112
Size:	805.0 KB
ID:	11205  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #37

Vanguard went out of business in 1987.
Motorhome Manufacturers

Wayfarer would be the model of your rig.
Wayfarer by Vanguard.

I doubt you will find much about this rig. Look up mfg name for appliance information
Here is a tidbit of info: 1973 Wayfarer Motorhome RV Ad | eBay

Looks very simular to yours.

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
Vanguard went out of business in 1987.
Motorhome Manufacturers

Wayfarer would be the model of your rig.
Wayfarer by Vanguard.

I doubt you will find much about this rig. Look up mfg name for appliance information
Here is a tidbit of info: 1973 Wayfarer Motorhome RV Ad | eBay

Looks very simular to yours.

Dave
Thanks so much, that what i suspected, it was a Wayfarer. and its true, even after i googled it a thousand different ways... very LITTLE come up about wayfarers.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #39

good year LOL! How fun! I bet this will be a worthwhile project and something to be proud of!
72Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Skylark View Post
good year LOL! How fun! I bet this will be a worthwhile project and something to be proud of!
Thank you! I know it will. Im stuck on the brakes right now. the drums are so seized on. I adjusted them in, held heat to them. i think im just going to get a drum puller tomorrow. Hopefully that will do it!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 PM   #41

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyd111 View Post
Thank you! I know it will. Im stuck on the brakes right now. the drums are so seized on. I adjusted them in, held heat to them. i think im just going to get a drum puller tomorrow. Hopefully that will do it!
Heat and the biggest hammer you can find! They'll come loose.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #42

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Heat and the biggest hammer you can find! They'll come loose.
Yea, I think ill just let the heat sit on it til its cherry, then give it a whack