Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #1

My old Screens!!

My old rig has screens that work just find but look bad. The screen door for example has what looks like water marks streaks. I see where it might be just as easy to take screens out and replace them with some cheep stuff they sale now days but was wondering if there was a product that would clean these up in place????
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi George,

I've had pretty good luck cleaning my screens. If they come out, I lay them on concrete and scrub with a large brush, some soap, and rinse with a hose. If they don't come out, I've had reasonable success scrubbing them in place.

If they are held in place with the round rubber "band" (around the edges), they can be replaced pretty easily. Pick your favorite replacement at Lowes/Home Depot! :-) Sometimes that rubber "band" becomes old/brittle - you can buy replacement band and there is a "pizza cutter" looking tool to make replacement a bit easier. If memory serves, there are at least two sizes of band so be cautious there.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:20 AM   #3

Thanks for the suggestion and now that we are setting it the hottest weather of the summer here in Missouri, I will give it a try..
Old 08-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #4

Just use a soft brush. If it's too stiff, it can tear the screen fabric.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #5

UPDATE

Ok after some giant luck I was visting my Mother in Law in the Hospital and since no one has to pay for hospital stays anymore and the Hospital is so happy to have you visit. They offer you a gift bag when you leave. Fulled with Blankets, cool sippy glasses, and a host of sprays and personal higne itmes you didnt use or want. But all that is another story.
In the bag of door prizes I was about to thou away a small spray bottle that cought my eye because of its small size and shape to us in my rig. I almost though out the contents. But notice the words "no rinse". And it also said the words "effective cleansing action" So with the dirty screens on my mind and stressing because there so old I dont want to destroy them with a brush, and I am pretty lazy also. Sprayed this stuff on the screen door! And to my amazment the screens became black and totally new looking!! This stuff is amazing. Its been two hours since the screen has dried and its still functioning. So I called the Wife and told her we need to get more door prizes from the Hospital..
This stuff is called, I know there are more lazy guys out there like me wanting something easy to clean there screens with.
SAF-Clens AF
Advanced Formula
For those of you that dont have free Health Care:https://www.healthykin.com/p-1114-sa...-cleanser.aspx
Old 09-06-2014, 08:46 AM   #6

I went through this with my screens.I replaced some that were damaged with new HD fiberglass material,which was actually pretty easy with the roller tool and reusing the original beading.I also tried painting the ones that were discolored,which sounds dumb,but actually worked great.I used a satin Krylon fusion spray in a dark gray and just lightly misted the fabric.Looked brand new.
muskamoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I replaced my screening on the door last fall with some heavy Black Screening and found two of the tools to use.
Now looking at the rest of them and at 32 years old they need help. I am going to replace them with that blk heavy screening. You can hardly see in the door & it is so nice looking.
I thought of the painting but most are streached out also.
I think it will make a huge difference replacing all the screening.
  • Maximize your HomeDepot.com experience. Let us use your location to find your nearest store.
  • Yes
  • Not Now
  • Close x

Cart

Your Store:
Brighton Rd #2807 (Change)

What can we help you find?

Project: How-To
Sign In or Register
Your Account

Phifer

Model # 3025983

Internet # 202176182

60 in. x 25 ft. Black SunTex 90

(2)
Write a Review

$114.83 / each

Ship to Home FREE
Estimated Arrival:
SEP 16 - SEP 18

Ship to Store FREE

Available for Pick Up:
SEP 17 - SEP 22

Add To Cart SAVE TO
MY LIST

Item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): GU,PR,VI

PRODUCT SOLD Online Only

• ACCESSORIES (1)

$5.98 /each
Phifer Black Screen Mouse Spline Roller
(29)

PRODUCT OVERVIEW

Model # 3025983

Internet # 202176182

Store SO SKU # 1000338281

This heavy-duty shading fabric is ideal for use in window screens, doors, porches, and also as a roofing material for gazebos. It absorbs and dissipates up to 90 percent of the suns heat and glare before it reaches the window or glass. Sun control screens keep living spaces cooler, help reduce energy cost and protect furnishings from fading.
  • Blocks 90% of the suns heat and glare
  • Heavy-duty insect screening
  • Pet resistant, mildew and fade resistant
  • Offers good outward visibility

Info & Guides

You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents. Download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.

Return To Top

SPECIFICATIONS

Assembled Depth (in.) 3.5 in Assembled Height (in.) 60.25 in Assembled Width (in.) 3.5 in Builders Hardware Product Type Screen Fabric Color Black Color Family Blacks Manufacturer Warranty Extended Limited Warranty Returnable 90-Day Screen width (in.) 60.0 Serrated No Thickness (In.) 0.037 Unrolled mesh length (ft.) 25.0 Return To Top

CUSTOMERS WHO VIEWED THIS ITEM PURCHASED...

$38.46
Phifer 60 in. x 96 in. Stucco SunTex 90(9)Add to cart

$210.00
Phifer 72 in. x 50 ft. Black SunTex 80(2)Add to cart

$175.00
Phifer 60 in. x 50 ft. Black SunTex 80(2)Add to cart

$230.67
Phifer 60 in. x 50 ft. Charcoal Super Solar Screen(5)Add to cart

$130.71
Phifer 36 in. x 50 ft. Black SunTex 90(2)Add to cart

Return To Top

CUSTOMER REVIEWS

Write a Review 5.0 out of 5.0

2 reviews

5(2)

Quality

Value

100%of customersrecommend this product2 of 2reviews

Filter Reviews by: Rating, Profile, Gender, Age(2)

Search
Sort By: What is relevancy sort?

Zoe1
Florida, USA
55 to 64
, Female

• DIY

A little pricey but worth it
January 27, 2014

Quality

Value

Verified Purchase
Recommended Product

Put on the top of screen enclosure - keeps water down, looks almost like a roof and really knocks the Florida sun down. A little pricey but worth it.

Pros: Durable, Good Size & Weight

Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0

Report inappropriate content

Hanibal

works great for creating shade over a patio
September 7, 2011

Verified Purchase
Recommended Product

I installed this solar screen over a 8 foot square wooden frame.I placed 2 of these over my shade structure which is over my patio.Works great.

Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0

Report inappropriate content

Return To Top

SHIPPING AND DELIVERY OPTIONS

Standard Shipping includes delivery by small parcel service. Processing time varies by product.

Orders for this item may be expedited for an additional fee.

Other Delivery Options:

Express and Expedited shipping options are also available. Estimated arrival times are available in checkout.

If product is eligible for shipping to AK, HI and US Territories additional transit time and remote surcharges may apply.

Return To Top

Recently Viewed Items

Phifer 48 in. x 25 ft. Black SunTex 80
(10)

60 in. x 25 ft. Charcoal Super Solar Screen
(3)

Phifer 60 in. x 96 in. Black SunTex 90
(5)

Phifer 48 in. x 25 ft. BetterVue Screen
(8)

Solistone Modern Still Life 12 in. x 12 in. x...
(5)

Merola Tile Tessera Subway Brixton 11-3/4 in. x...
(7)

Smart Tiles 9.85 in. x 9.85 in. Multi-Colored...
(28)

• 1 of 2

Credit Center

Special Financing Available Everyday*

Get It Installed

The Home Depot makes home installation and repair easy.

Moving Services

Find everything you need for your move.

Tool & Truck Rental

The Home Depot offers afford-able rental rates.

Mobile Apps

More saving. More doing.On the go.

Super savings and terrific tips delivered to your email inbox.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please call us:
1-800-HOME-DEPOT
1-800-(466-3337)

DEPARTMENTS

ONLINE RESOURCES

OUR SITES

POLICIES

CORPORATE INFORMATION

MY ACCOUNT

HELP

CONTACT

FAQ

† Local store prices may vary from those displayed. Products shown as available are normally stocked but inventory levels cannot be guaranteed. © 2000-2013 Homer TLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use of this site is subject to certain Terms of Use which constitute a legal agreement between you and The Home Depot U.S.A. Inc.

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
UPDATE

Ok after some giant luck I was visting my Mother in Law in the Hospital and since no one has to pay for hospital stays anymore and the Hospital is so happy to have you visit. They offer you a gift bag when you leave. Fulled with Blankets, cool sippy glasses, and a host of sprays and personal higne itmes you didnt use or want. But all that is another story.
In the bag of door prizes I was about to thou away a small spray bottle that cought my eye because of its small size and shape to us in my rig. I almost though out the contents. But notice the words "no rinse". And it also said the words "effective cleansing action" So with the dirty screens on my mind and stressing because there so old I dont want to destroy them with a brush, and I am pretty lazy also. Sprayed this stuff on the screen door! And to my amazment the screens became black and totally new looking!! This stuff is amazing. Its been two hours since the screen has dried and its still functioning. So I called the Wife and told her we need to get more door prizes from the Hospital..
This stuff is called, I know there are more lazy guys out there like me wanting something easy to clean there screens with.
SAF-Clens AF
Advanced Formula
For those of you that dont have free Health Care:https://www.healthykin.com/p-1114-sa...-cleanser.aspx

Black spray paint had the same effect, LOL. Then Spring came and threw those darn tiny little fuzzy things all out into the air and onto at least the dining room window screen.
I bet the vacuum will tackle that problem tho.
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr