Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #309

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Hey Gary!!!! Need a update!!! Whats the buzz??? You under a dry roof yet?? I must be lucky..No leaks yet and we had some really bad storms here in southern Arizona!! I am so glad we went with rubber membrane roof!!! One of the best ideas next to the motorized awning we got!!! Hope you can get it done enough that you could get down south this year. We are looking at March or April and will figure out the actual plan once we get to that point. We want to do a different place every month along the way as we might find another place that we like. then if we find out the park we are3 heading for isn't so hot we can try another or back to one we did like. We have a meeting you and i with a couple in Texas this summer if you can...
Anyway, we need to hear you are ok, ok?? Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #310

Well when you least expect it,guess who surfaces.A update is I move into a rented 30 x 50 pole barn on 2/15/11 that by remove the roof a/c,which I would anyways to reseal,the roof,be able to work on it inside.That means no more weather "excuses".I can heat it to 50 degrees and seal the roof.I can almost not believe how much time has pass by since I started this thread.It is kind of embarrassing.

One other thing that has happened is yea,I retired.First payment on 2/09/11.So I might look for a semi retirement situation,but I will have the time to put into the motor home.I hope to take it to Ledgeworth State Park over Memorial Day weekend to campout for my friend from Florida's balloon fest.Might not be 100%,but usable.

So I am back like a bad penny.Hope to give you all a progress report as things come together.

Gary
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #311
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Congrats on the retirement! No excuses now.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #312

So are you still planning on heading to Georgia?
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #313

As it stands right now,my main focus will be getting all the projects done.A warm climate where I can sell my wares in the winter decision will come after that.I figured I could pay a RV repair shop to do the work,but I would not have the shop I rented to work in.So that is why I rented that to do most of the work myself.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:37 PM   #314

Vintage RV Owners Club
Glad to see you are back at it again. I am in the middle of some serious stuff here. Its a case of which is more important, Tires or fridge??? And then there is enclosing the trailer......Ahhh travel......
Old 01-31-2011, 08:45 PM   #315

The Norcold replacement three way frig costs for my M/H is scary.I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.First thing after I get a salamander heater for the rented shop is to dry it out.Well really the first thing will be to do whatever I have to fit it threw the door.Don't care if it means taking off the roof a/c to running in the shop on only a second set of rims only.It's getting inside a work shop.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #316

Vintage RV Owners Club
It is scary!! I am wondering if the regular home unit would work for me...
Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #317

Dan,both of us have read about that.From what I have read,in the long run the regular home frig's don't work out.Me-I am stubborn and even through the newer M/Hs are only two way,I still want to replace mine with a bigger three way unit.I'll save and scrimp to buy it.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #318

Vintage RV Owners Club
Arrow

I was looking at HD and the 12 cu. ft. model is over 800.00 so i tried Lowes and same thing. So much for that idea.... Back to the 2-way!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #319

Vintage RV Owners Club
Home Depot has 10 cubic ft Majic Chef for 349 plus tax. Can't say how it will last as I just got it last month. My RV type died and I had no choice. I full-time and am retired. Ed
1oleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #320

Vintage RV Owners Club
Arrow

I saw it but did you check with the reviews? I don't know about you but i don't need that one! I am waiting for Fast Eddie to call me back with the news n a couple of fridge he is getting used from a friend who did rv repairs. Will check on it Thursday, Dan
Gary, You get that buggy into the shop yet??? hope so..There is a bunch of super cold air and snow heading your way!! Don't shoot the messenger....
Old 02-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamarketer View Post
... in the long run the regular home frig's don't work out...
How long is "long run"?

My little 3 cf Haier refrigerator and the 4 cf upright Avanti freezer were mounted into the cabinets in 2006. Still going strong. The 4 cf Haier (freestanding) that we use for the food cart has been bouncing down the road with us since 2008 and that doesn't take into account the times we have simply moved it from one place to another... it's a well traveled fridge. It gets put into the bus conversion... along with a 12 cf upright freezer (GE?) that we brought out here from NC. I need more freezer space!
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #322

Vintage RV Owners Club
Red face

Hi there, lady! Glad to see you around. I have a 4Cuft electric that Was Supposed to go into the trailer when i get it done, But I didn't lesson to Deb on keeping it, She has sided with me on it now! If Eddie has one out of those two he is getting working, I will take a chance on one. I would like to get one that is a little bigger anyway. Mine is a 7.7 cuft. Would like one of those 10-12 cuft models.He wasn't sure what size yet. He did say that most of them were replaced with new larger models so i am not sure what size, but Am hoping..... We are getting the wind here. And with the cold it feels like 10F!!! I took my two walks today and had to wear my heavy coat!! Felt like Maine!!! BBBBUURRrrrr!!!!! Lorna, Better take the awning down!! I did already...All i needed was to hit the switch! Love you all, later,Dan