Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #1

New 1992 CC Concept owner

Hello everyone. I bought my dream RV, a 1992 Country Coach Concept Capella. 6V92 with Allison transmission. 93,000 miles. Deal I couldn't refuse. After buying it I realized how "fun" it will be to fix things on this lol. I am mechanically inclined but the systems are not making a lot of sense sometimes. My goal is to restore her over my lifetime. If anyone has experience or experiences with these rigs I would love to hear. I will post pictures of her beautiful 28 year old paint after I buff it out.
CC1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2020, 09:05 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new coach/project.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. Read the various threads and ask questions as they come up or add info if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:09 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1992 View Post
Hello everyone. I bought my dream RV, a 1992 Country Coach Concept Capella. 6V92 with Allison transmission. 93,000 miles. Deal I couldn't refuse. After buying it I realized how "fun" it will be to fix things on this lol. I am mechanically inclined but the systems are not making a lot of sense sometimes. My goal is to restore her over my lifetime. If anyone has experience or experiences with these rigs I would love to hear. I will post pictures of her beautiful 28 year old paint after I buff it out.

I own a 1990 Concept and just stumbled across your post. I’ve honestly been through nearly EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM on this coach. I’m also mechanically inclined and love projects. The extent to which I’ve enjoyed working on and upgrading my Concept is undoubtedly worthy of an intervention. I’ve kept detailed records on most everything I have done, and love to share my experiences and what I have learned with other Concept owners. I have also collaborated extensively with other Concept owners, including cntrylife, who is also happy to share his wealth of knowledge as well. The iRV2 app used to give me notifications when a PM was sent to me or there was a new post to a subscribed thread. I haven’t figured out why that doesn’t work anymore. However, for this reason I don’t log into iRV2 on a regular basis anymore. It would be better to email me at ponsford@comcast.net. Feel free to reach out anytime!
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #4

1992 Country Coach

Thank @Rsponsford. Here is a picture of her. I will reach out to you soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	310014  
CC1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:29 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Another beautiful Concept! Congratulations and Happy New Year to you. Let the “fun” restoration begin.
2006 Jeep Wrangler X, Blue Ox Towbar
Rsponsford is offline   Reply With Quote