New A/C Problem
I've been prepping the motorhome for an upcoming extended tour. Today was the first time I've attempted to crank up and test the A/C units. Here is what I have:
* 1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
* Selector switch for front and rear A/C units
* Front works fine on Onan 7 KW generator
* Front works fine on 120V AC only (20A circuit with extension cord)
* Rear A/C inop on generator
* Rear A/C inop on 120V AC extension cord
* All fuses/breakers are fine
NOTE: I hear it humming to itself with generator off and on AC shore power, but no fan, and no cooling. Selector switch on unit does nothing. I DID NOT attempt to run the A/C on generator power ONLY.
If the front A/C works fine on shore power, why wont the rear work?
I don't know if the two units are different in power or other requirements
Could I have a blown starting capacitor in the rear unit? It hums slightly when power is applied, but changing the selector switch on the unit has no effect.
Is there another way to isolate and test the power going to the rear A/C unit?
It's getting kind of warm out there.
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
1995 Jeep Wrangler