Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2021, 11:56 PM   #1

Smile New (old) Class C

Been a member since 2012 but have just switched from a fifth wheel to a Class C. Actually will be selling the fifth wheel as it's currently in Yuma and We can't get get down there from Canada right now due to the border closure. So we just bought a 1995 Chevrolet Flyer by Fleetwood. Totally new to owning a motorhome so I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions. Looking forward to driving instead of pulling our RV.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2021, 05:36 PM   #2

Subby,

While there are many Class C owners here, the turn around for answers is kind of slow. A 1995 coach does qualify as vintage, and you will be subject to many vintage issues, I believe that you should open you search for answers as widely as you can.

There is a Fleetwood forum here that may be more able to advise you. But there comes that age issue again.

There are other forums, that may be better able to get you specific answers. But these may not be able to supply Fleetwood specific information. I suggest that you hunt these other forums. I know that you can find more of them with an internet search. If I direct you, I may invoke the wrath of the forum monitors and I don't want to go there.

Do not fear the age of the unit. We traded a 1979 Cayo Motorvator for a 1973 GMC Glacier 23 for the better interior.

Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:58 PM   #3

You might start looking for old Chevy van repair book.. now before they go out of print .. that will be a big help.. as always good luck and let us know what you did and maybe better members then me will help you
Old 09-02-2021, 08:30 PM   #4

Subby must be a man of few words and waited 9 years before his first post. I have you beat with a 86 motorhome. I like the old ones because I would rather not have fuel injection. If I got a good deal on a 95 like yours though I would still buy it.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
I like the old ones because I would rather not have fuel injection.
Ha! I got a 93 because I like TBI on a big ole Ford 460!

I'm convinced that late-80's through mid-90's rigs are the best value. The house tends to be well-built, the drivetrain is bulletproof, you can work on them if you have to, parts are all over, and they're kind of cute. (Except for the interior designers they used back then. All my interior padding is pink.) My original 93 Norcold refrig keeps ice cream hard, the plumbing always works, the furnace is great, it drives easily . . . If you can find a low-mileage rig, they're perfect.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:44 PM   #6

Good to hear I'm not the only one who likes the old rigs. The previous owner had no manuals etc so I 'm hunting and poking to see what does what. Kinda li,e a scavenger hunt!
Old 09-03-2021, 08:38 AM   #7

Manuals are overblown. I believe I have ALL the manuals that originally came with my 1993. The ones that ought to tell you stuff like what switch does what and why you have two water heater switches are useless and fail to mention any of that stuff. I had to ask on here about such things. They do explain stuff that's pretty obvious and you don't need explained.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #8

Need a bit of advice, my 95 class C does not have an attached ladder. I want to go on the roof and check a few seams but not sure if I can safely. It's a solid aluminum roof with a seam at each end. I know I probably can't walk on it but do you think I could on hands and knees? All my previous tv's had an attached ladder so it was no problem.

Tags
class c