Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New to me 1984 Pace Arrow and some q's

Just got a 1984 Pace Arrow 29v and can't find the nonfunctioning fresh water pump. Have looked in all of the usual places to no avail. Anyone know where it is? Also is there another fuel filter beside the one on the carb? Had to rig it with a gas can and a siphon hose sitting in the passener seat to get it home. Already replaced the fuel pump and the carb fuel filter. It will run for about 20 seconds and then quit pumping fuel. Any help is appreciated!
ttwitc9516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You will find close to the front of the Rear Axle Housing, an Electric Fuel Pump mounted close to the center. The on/off switch should be on the left side of the steering column. I forgot where the fresh water pump is, maybe someone else can chime in, Good Luck, Happy trails & travel safe.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:38 AM   #3

On my 84' 27Y it's located under the lower drawer in the bathroom

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
On my 90 Pace Arrow the water pump was in the last outside compartment on the passenger side under a board cover to the front of this compartment. This is also where you drained the fresh water tank and could fill it. There was also a inline fuel filter on the fram rail right behind the steps. A real pain to get to. I use to change this filter at least 1 or 2 times a year. It was to small a filter I thought but the only filter I could find that had a 1/2 inch inlet and outlet.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #5

i have about the same rig 1985 southwind 28 for water pump mine is under stove to right of furnace. for fuel filter it is a ford part no. mounted on frame above rear axel on passenger side inside the frame
dave
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks fellows! Also, does anyone know where the switch is to run the coach off of the batteries? I get power when it is plugged in but not otherwise. Also what are the three switches in the bathroom?
Old 11-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #7

as far as no power from batt. cant help
the 3 switches ae 1 for fan in vent,2 light in bathroom,3 water pump (your other water pump is on pannel above fridge
dave
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you all for your help! I think I figured out the battery power issue-some of these had manual switches on the control panel inside the door. We'll see tonight. Now if I can just get fuel to the carb.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #9

no prob if you need some manuals i found some for a 1983
dave
Old 11-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thank you! I have al of the original manuals for this thing, but the coach manual is about worthless for anyting but the dash switches.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #11

If your using a Chevy/GMC P30 chassis (454 chevy V-8), then download the GM Motorhome Service manual from http://bdub.net/manuals/P30/P30.pdf.
It contains an in depth discussion about the fuel system.
As noted in that document:
GM did not add an electric fuel pump to a stock chassis until 1985 1/2.
They did recommend adding an electric fuel pump to a 454 based chassis prior to 1985 1/2. They also recommended power to the fuel pump be routed via a oil pressure cutoff saafety switch. Hookup, pressures, additional filters, etc. are all contained in that manual. There is no telling what changes have been done to your chassis.

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
fresh water pump

In my 84 pace arrow the fresh water pump is in the bathroom under the sink. You have to make an access hole to get to it.
Dennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks to everyone for their help! Found the water pump under the drawers in the kitchen. If anyone who is running a p30 and hasnt downloaded the p30 service manual that Dave78chief recommended above you should. It shows everything about these chassis.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwitc9516 View Post
Thanks to everyone for their help! Found the water pump under the drawers in the kitchen. If anyone who is running a p30 and hasnt downloaded the p30 service manual that Dave78chief recommended above you should. It shows everything about these chassis.
Well, I was close..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote