Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2007, 04:14 AM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
Dan, I found your pictures, but not in Class A. They were in the members galeries under rvtravelers1997. Mine are also there under gnuman. Now I just need to know how to set one of those pics as my avitar. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can upload one but it has to be no larger then 100 x 75 pixels. You can do it in your edit profile section. Select "edit" in the avatar section. the choose "custome avatar", then select upload custom avatar and browse to find the picture on your computer.

E350 Chassis
Mike (KC9IPV) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thinks Mike,I just got here as I was doing some tweaking the old air card. SanjayR he said it right. I thought my pictures were in class a, wonder if I need to move them? I'll check this out. Capt.
Wait till I get the work done and I'll be making another 'Dusty' file. I wonder if bob or one of the others can move that file for me to ;classic mh' ?
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:49 PM   #17

Ok, I have a question. On some RV ranges I notice they have a metal bi-fold cover and othere don't. Whats this for?

E350 Chassis
Old 01-27-2007, 04:55 PM   #18

That is a cover for the burners so nothing goes down in them to burn up (read that as catch fire) when you are cookng. Sometimes there is a piece of plastic that resembles the countertop that is used for the same purpose. This is usually found on small motorhomes (from what I have seen) as on the larger units, the designers decided that they are not needed.

What they arre good for: they provide a small bit of counter space when closed. They keep small bits of garbage from falling into the burner areas.

What is bad about them: They "take away" from the feeling that you are "in your own home". Plastic ones often melt or catch fire if the burner is turned on accidentially, or they are placed on the burner before it cools.

Take them or leave them as you like.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah!! I bought one of those chop block models for mine and a side benefit is the bloody burner grates don't rattle ya ears off while going down the road. Dan
Old 01-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike (KC9IPV):
..On some RV ranges I notice they have a metal bi-fold cover and others don't. Whats this for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is to also protect the area behind the cooktop from the cooking splatters. I don't have one and I don't miss it (had one in oour pop-up where it came in handy because my countertop space between the sink and cooktop was about 6"). BUT I do have a full height laminate back- & end-splashes in the kitchen area.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #21

Thanks! for the input on the cooktop cover. I'm just glad that there is a good group of older RV'ers (older RV's not people ) here so I dont feel so alone! I'm just tired of oweing $$ to banks. I sure won't miss the house payment!

E350 Chassis
Old 01-28-2007, 03:33 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mike, Nothing wrong with being old. I learned From my uncle who at that time was in his late 70's. He told me "You are to young to just sit around and do nothing. You can drive?! Get yourself an rv and travel! Thats what I would do if I was your age". He told me that around 10 years ago and, He was right! I don't regret it at all. You are young,[compared to my age] and I would give you the same advice. I've seen alot of mid to late 70's people who do rv, some fulltime yet. Even if like me, I have a bad back that sometimes try's to kill me with pain that there is no description for. I think it must be something like childbirth for women. Right now I have 5 discs in my neck and 2 in my lower back and 1[that I know of] in the middle of my back. There are times that we stay longer than planned because of the pain. other times Nothing. For about 15 years now,[after the doc told my wife after my second operation]and I had nothing from my waist down that I may never walk. My wife said" he's gonna Walk". It took me a year of hard work and pain to get my legs to work. I'm walking! I have a limp and sometimes, I need a cane.Sometimes like I said earlier,I don't get out of bed. Mind you, I've done most of the upgrades myself. I have had help with some of the work and I paid someone to do a little of the work. I'm getting ready to take the bull by the horns in a few weeks as I get back to AZ. I have my work cut out for me. Deb will help, and she does help! Together we will turn that coach back into a nice coach again. Anyway enjoy your new home and if you have questions, we are around to help.In a week we will be on the road again and we may not always be here but there is a bunch of people here to help. Don't be afraid to ask.Good luck with your new home and happy trails, Dan
Old 01-28-2007, 07:40 PM   #23

I'll second that. I know that I'M glad to be of help to anyone that asks a question I can answer. It give me a feeling that I'm "paying back" the community for all the help I got when I first started. As for old. . . I'm 14 years older than my rig, and sidelined due to disability (anxiety disorder, I cannot survive in the normal work environment for any length of time) but I plan on living in this same rig for the next 40 years (I figure that 84 is a good run, and anything after that is gravy). Old is a state of mind, nothing else.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote