Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-25-2021, 03:07 AM   #1

One problem after another.

My girlfriend and I bought a 1993 Winnebago Brave just last year for a great deal. It had 107K miles on the chassis and only about 30K miles on the “new” 7.4l V8 that was replaced in 2009.

Well it took 30 days of 6 hours or more and we finally “finished” (we’re never finished) remodeling and completely redoing the inside of the RV to fit us. We took all the cabinets off and painted them and put all new hardware installed. We put new floors down and a new ceiling up to cover up the old falling fabric. New light fixtures and plastic everywhere along with reupholstering all cushions the couch and even the curtains and blind covers!

Well long story short I’m in need of a little help at the moment and I need to know where to find a couple of these fresh water tank drain valves. I checked all over and although I did find a fellow with the same issue I can’t seem to find these.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Adam and Dina Massachusetts
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADDA2AFC-AACE-4E4C-917D-038AE2D179D4.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	404.3 KB
ID:	329472  
MassDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2021, 03:57 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I don’t recognize that tubing but if the outside diameter is the same as 1/2” copper or pex, there are modern alternatives, such as push-to-connect Sharkbite products. If the inside diameter is close, you could use crimp type pex fittings.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:07 AM   #3

I dont recognize the drain but if you are looking for a way to drain a tank you could use one of the 3 way winterization valves installed so the bypass let is fed from the tank.
https://www.campingworld.com/pump-co...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

The cap provides a positive seal as these valves may leak slightly depending on pressure. Some mfg simply install a 3 way ball valve as the low point drain.
Either way works.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #4

The tube and fittings are polybutylene and were only used a short time in homes and RVs because it failed so quickly. There were class action lawsuits and settlements to get it changed out of houses.

Given the age and problems I doubt if anyone would even have those fittings still.
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 11:14 PM   #5

Places that sell supplies for mobile homes (trailerhouses) may have polybutylene plumbing parts.

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:56 AM   #6

They are Quest fittings. I bought my last ones at San Diego Marine Exchange. They carry a complete supply of them, though they are not on their website.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:11 AM   #7

Seatech, AquaLock, and Watts are well known for their marine plumbing fittings.

https://www.watts.com/aqualock-marine
Old 06-14-2021, 11:53 PM   #8

It will be difficult to find the exact same tubes and fittings, but if you take your RV to the repair shop they will be able to suggest that you use something better than this as these tubes are outdated now.
RV EPDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:02 AM   #9

Thank you all!

Thanks for the help! I ended up getting some brass 1/2” connections and a 1/2” 3 way ball valve and it all works great. Def larger and heavier than the old polybutylene but it’ll last for a long time until I have to replace the lines with PEX.

I didn’t properly winterize the RV as it was our first winter and I lacked all the proper information and blew out the old 6 gallon Atwood too! I replaced the old Atwood with a tankless Girard, Worth its weight in gold!!
MassDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #10

Sharkbite fittings work well on Quest. My manufactured home and my RV both have Quest. The tubing itself is OK it is the old Quest fittings that fail, usually at the most inopportune times. Again, just replace any failed fittings or fittings you think may be about fail with Sharkbite and you are good to go. You can get them at ACE, Lowes, Home Depot, any plumbing supply house, and most other hardware and home repair stores.

Tags
problem