Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2020, 05:35 PM   #1

PLEASE HELP 94 National Sea Breeze Class A Motor home plumbing issues

Just bought our first RV. It's beautiful, everything seems to work fine. That is until we turned on the water pumps. As soon as we turned on the water pumps our ceiling started leaking. Everybody keeps saying it's probably the roof leaking condensation from the a.c. That's not it because my a.c. does have a great deal of condensation. However, the condensation rolls right off the roof. The roof doesn't leak at all. Whatever was leaking from the ceiling only happened when we filled the fresh water tank up and turned the water pumps on to take a shower. I have no Idea what it is or how to go about getting it fixed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
HollyRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #2

First thing I'd do is tee into the out end of the pump and add a gauge.and a ball valve....then find a line as far away from the pump as you can and add another gauge......would be looking for pressure loss to see if a line or fitting had split or had a loose clamp...ball valve is so you can deadhead the pump for a pressure reading.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
First thing I'd do is tee into the out end of the pump and add a gauge.and a ball valve....then find a line as far away from the pump as you can and add another gauge......would be looking for pressure loss to see if a line or fitting had split or had a loose clamp...ball valve is so you can deadhead the pump for a pressure reading.....
Hi All New here. Just like Bob said that's a good place to start. I think I am going to try the impossible on mine by installing shut off valves after the pump on all my appliances if possible. I just bought my self a 92 sea breeze didn't really know what i was thinking I knows nothing about MH but here I am BTW do you have any manuals on your coach?
DREDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:07 PM   #4

I would think very few rv’s had water pipes running through the roof area. They were all down low on my 95 Coachmen and 99 Airstream. Where is the water coming out?
TomBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #5

And did it quickly stop leaking when you turned the pump off?
TomBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:41 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
My initial thought was someone put an overflow or something into a roof vent and the vent stack is broken....just an untrained thought.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBr View Post
I would think very few rv’s had water pipes running through the roof area. They were all down low on my 95 Coachmen and 99 Airstream. Where is the water coming out?
This^^ is where to start, IMO. Very likely no plumbing in the ceiling, but a leak in a pipe that is in a wall or chase that has an opening to the ceiling could spray into the area and drip down.

A few questions,
1. Exactly where is the leak in the ceiling, relative to the side walls, room separations, or fixtures?
2. Does the pump run continually even if all faucets are off?
3. How soon after the pump is on does the leak begin?
4. Is there a leak even if no faucets are on but the pump is running?
5. How soon after pump is off does the leak stop?
6. Is there a leak when you are on city water?
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:29 AM   #8
Commercial Member

ok, sometimes, just the sequence of events will give you an answer
ljwt is on the right track
does it leak when you fill the water tank-no
does it leak when the pump is turned on -no
does it leak when when you try to take a shower-yes
ok, the shower plumbing is leaking, probably spraying
upward, indication a cracked valve. and inside a wall close to the top.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:52 PM   #9

You wouldn't happen to have a swamp cooler rather than an actual a/c eh?
udid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:03 AM   #10

I would go to Harbor Freight and shop for a stethoscope. I would position someone with great hearing and the stethoscope in the shower wall area since that is highest normal point of fresh water plumbing, “normal”.

The junction where city water and the 12 volt pump tank water is down in the chassis of the coach. So the only reason I can imagine the pump causing the leak would be the city water has a pressure regulator that is set low and the water pump is set much higher. The difference in pressure would cause a seep to become a spray.

Tags
breeze, class a, motor, motor home, national, plumbing, seabreeze