Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2016, 12:11 AM   #2045

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Geezzz is that a real beauty, really liked the leather, there is hope for my 82...
Thanks for sharing,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 PM   #2046

How to post photo

Hello everyone, newbie here & can't figure out how to post photo. Read about getting url- but not sure how I do that! 😜 Thanks!
Rebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 PM   #2047

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK, my parents Foretravel in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old foretravel.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	122624  
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 AM   #2048

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you in the picture?
Old 03-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #2049

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great restoration Bryguymi! Perfect balance! Love seeing the older Vogues!...keep 'em coming!....

Kranky - that is one sweet coach! Glad to hear you are keeping her original.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #2050

Solo Rvers Club
Posting photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca View Post
Hello everyone, newbie here & can't figure out how to post photo. Read about getting url- but not sure how I do that! �� Thanks!
Rebeca.

Here's a link to the FAQ page that contains info on posting photos. http://www.irv2.com/forums/faq.php?f...b3_attachments ;

and, another link to the Forums thread where info will be contained in post #7 on page 2 of the thread. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...s-49134-2.html

Best of luck. It's pretty simple. If the photo is on your computer then click the icon on the tool bar above that appears to be a "paperclip", holding your cursor over the icon the word "Attachments" should appear. Then click on the "Choose file" button in the window that opens. Find the photo you want to add from your computer's files, click on it and then click the "Upload" button.

Hope that helps.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #2051

Vintage RV Owners Club
This past week at Edisto Beach State park Live Oaks Campground.
76 Travco Mahal 2+2 set up.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 AM   #2052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeca View Post
Hello everyone, newbie here & can't figure out how to post photo. Read about getting url- but not sure how I do that! �� Thanks!
Just click go advanced then manage attachments. A window will pop up. Hit browse. When you find your picture click on it then hit upload. When its finished uploading hit close window. Type what you want to say and hit submit reply.

It took me a while to get it also. I was always uploading to photobucket to the get the url.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:16 AM   #2053

this is not mine, but I wanted to share it with some vintage RV people lol
Studebaker House Car - 1929http://http://ruotevecchiedb.altervi...-car-20160410/
tamiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #2054

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWitzki View Post
I have no idea what year or model that MH might be; but it looks pretty straight for it's age. It is amazing what we all will see out there in our travels.
It reminds me of a MH that I saw being redone on a you tube video or some restoration program. An Argosy or something like that. I remember the chrome bars on the fromt of the motorhome in the program. I bet it would make a good conversation rig at the RV park. KW
OK I did some quick surfing and it might be a 1965 Dodge Travco. It also reminds me of an I Love Lucy program where Ricky and Lucy are pulling a trailer with I think a Mercury up some narrow mountain road. I don't know why but it just does. FUN! Love those Old RV's
Yes it is a 1965 Dodge travco I have one myself and yes it was on I Love Lucy maybe not that particular year but that's the type that they we're driving in that episode.
65TravcoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #2055

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via MSN to sailsam Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
It also reminds me of an I Love Lucy program where Ricky and Lucy are pulling a trailer with I think a Mercury up some narrow mountain road. I don't know why but it just does.
---End Quote---
I don't know the make and model of the trailer, but if it's the one I'm thinking of it wasn't in an "I Love Lucy" TV show. It was a 1954 movie called "The Long, Long Trailer". For the scene where the trailer is being pulled around a switchback on the Whitney Portal Road the trailer is being pulled with a Lincoln that was substituted for the Mercury that was used to pull the trailer in the rest of the film. The Whitney Portal Road is the Eastern Sierra road from Lone Pine to the trailhead for the trail to Mt. Whitney.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #2056

Vintage RV Owners Club
The trailer used in the film is the 1953 36-foot Redman "New Moon" model, which sold for $5,345.
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #2057

[/URL][/IMG]

This is my 1988 Holiday Rambler 24'
Zoom45
Zoom45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #2058

RVing in South America

I lived for 5 years travelling around the north of Argentina but mostly in the south of Brazil with an old 1968 Pace Arrow on a Ford chassis. Gasoline being very expensive for such a vehicle I quickly pulled the 8 cylinder Ford gasoline engine and swapped in a Mercedes-Benz diesel engine with it's manual transmission. It was pretty rough looking and no where near being what a modern RV is but we made due with what we had at the time.

We boondocked almost the whole time, sometimes right on the street of large cities. We did stay at one campsite for a couple of weeks when my mom came down to visit us right on the beach in Rio de Janeiro. We had no toad so this was our only vehicle and we went every where with it normally driving every day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome_608x491.png
Views:	149
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	125461  
JesseBee is offline   Reply With Quote