Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #1289

A few pics of my campers innards..sorry they are blurry but I don't have a good camera.

hearsejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #1290

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Molly

I hope these pics of Molly come through--1996 Holiday Rambler Vacationer ES---Having a lot of work done to the interior at this time--I will try to post pics after its done--
vscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #1291

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearsejr View Post
A few pics of my campers innards..sorry they are blurry but I don't have a good camera.
Awesome! The fridge is stocked, that's all it takes to get started
2Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #1292

Thanks,
If you get in this area..Goldsboro..wilson..area of North Carolina drop in for a bottle of suds, all it will cost is advice on how to fix stuff..lol
hearsejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #1293

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Thanks,
If you get in this area..Goldsboro..wilson..area of North Carolina drop in for a bottle of suds, all it will cost is advice on how to fix stuff..lol
I'd bet a few dollars that someone from here can show you how to work a bottle of suds!
It's nice the frig is working, appliances working always a good thing.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1294

Quote:
Thanks,

I spent a few years growing up on the AF Base there in Goldsboro. One of my best Rock Crawling Buds is still stationed there and has a house in town.

MIL lives in Pinehurst. We get out that way every once and a while!

But, I don't drink! Ice Cream is my vice of choice..........
Old 03-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #1295

Just bought this yesterday, 1979 chevy midas 2000, 30ft, 454 with turbo trans. Needs some serious TLC in the inside. I am new to this and am wondering where to get replacement parts and ideas to fix it up.
amccready2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #1296

Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #1297

amccready, looks good to me, don't see any major problems just the usual clean and repair.
msbarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #1298

looks roomy, i like the big double sink, you bringing the beauty of vintage back to youth or you planning on doing somethiing new to it?
LaZy507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #1299

I was thinking of just redoing all the upholstery, new floors and ceilings, might change the layout in the back to put in a full size real bed, update the lighting and other small touches, right now the electrical is my main challenge as I am discovering some inside lights and other things are not working, along with half the outside marker lights as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccready2 View Post
I was thinking of just redoing all the upholstery, new floors and ceilings, might change the layout in the back to put in a full size real bed, update the lighting and other small touches, right now the electrical is my main challenge as I am discovering some inside lights and other things are not working, along with half the outside marker lights as well.
GREAT UNIT and Welcome you have found many friends on here.

FIRST, fix anything that is letting water in where it is not welcome, a dry camper is a happy camper.

Remove anything that has lost it's useful life span, ie falling wallpaper, torn flooring, anything of a health hazzard. That one step will be a big jump start.

Now that you have cold beverages on board check that mechanicals are in good order, read Brakes/tires/lights/fluids! Wiring, LP safety, Fire extinguisher, Smoke/CO2 detectors...start a list of to do

Others jump in and help a friend here
Old 03-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #1301

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome to irv2 and congrats on the new-to-you coach! I'm sure you know this, but start with the bulbs first. They can't last forever!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #1302

Well i ripped out the ugly 1970's shag carpet in front, it was't letting the engine cover seal properly making it super loud in the cab. I replaced most of the bulbs in the interior, the problem is finding lens covers that fit, so I might have to get crafty and either make some or just replace the whole lighting unit. I am going to take it to a mechanic to put 2 new front tires on and fix the exhaust leak, brakes and maybe give the old boy a good tune up.