Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #15

Typically when I fly in somewhere and borrow a bike from a friend, I add it to my insurance policy for the duration (typically a week or less) nor would I hesitate to ask a friend to do the same if they borrowed one of my bikes. Done this several times, just have your friend add it to their own vehicle policy. Cheaper than losing a friendship.
Tidy Tabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2017, 10:49 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not know how it is in every state but in California the issue is liability. All the insurance in the world won't help you avoid the hassle of being held libel for any accident or deaths they may occur while your friend is driving your vehicle.
When I was 18, I was on a jury that heard a case when a guy loaned his friend his car and even though he was not the driver he sit right next the his friend the driver when being sued in court. I learned from that, never loan out your vehicle.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:58 AM   #17

Nope.
Nope.
And more nope.

Blondiega1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #18

Agree with ^^^. Never loan your vehicle to anyone. My dad was sued when he lent his pickup truck to a neighbor. The jerk put a 4x8 piece of plywood on the top of the camper shell without securing it properly. Of course the wood slid off at a stop sign and hit a pedestrian, who successfully took my dad to the cleaners. The neighbor refused to take any responsibility for his stupidity.

Respectfully ask your friend to get an RV from an RV rental company.
DWJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #19

Agree with all posts. Motorhomes are too complicated to learn in minutes how NOT to wreck stuff. If you want hard feeling between you and your friend, lend it to him. When it comes back with something broken because they didnt know how it worked, the troubles will begin. Tell him your insurance wont allow it and to go rent one. Keep your friend.