Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #1

Replacement lines for a external oil cooler

I've got a 1989 P-30 chassis, 454. It has an original oil cooler and rubber/steel lines. has anyone found replacement lines for these, and where?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2021, 06:58 PM   #2

BA,
Almost any hydraulic shop can make them up. These shops exist both in the Detroit area and well spaced in the farming areas.
Frank
F76Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-in-Mich View Post
I've got a 1989 P-30 chassis, 454. It has an original oil cooler and rubber/steel lines. has anyone found replacement lines for these, and where?
X2 What he said.
I have questions about your headers and distributer mods, care to share?
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:21 PM   #4

Sure, Headers are Thorley tri Y's They are a long tube header. The recurved distributor was done by a gentleman south of Grand Rapids Michigan.
Old 08-08-2021, 06:23 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Many of the NAPA auto parts stores can make hydraulic lines to match yours.
TheVintageRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:29 PM   #6
CSF

My 1992 454 has a slow leak on one of the cooler lines where the rubber attaches to the aluminum line. I bought some high pressure 3/8'' ID hose. I plan to cut the rubber off of the aluminum line and double clamp the new rubber hose to it. If the line doesn't look like it will hold the hose in place I will put a compression fitting on the aluminum line with a barbed fitting. At the most the pressure will be 65 psi. which does not require a hydraulic grade line.
CSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
CSF

This is what I plan to do although I won't re-use a 1992 rubber hose.
Old 08-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #8
CSF

I changed the line today. It turns out there are grip rings made on the fitting which is extra insurance of it staying on. Originally I planned to flare the end a little to keep it in place. I followed the video to remove the crimped on clamp. Then put new hose on. There was enough length on the fitting to double clamp it. I would be surprised if NAPA would have the parts to make that line. The fitting end is very odd on the end near the oil filter. Also the nuts on the line were frozen in place. They wouldn't turn to take the line off, so I did the repair on the motor home.

Tags
ace, replace, replacement