Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Sportscoach info needed

I was under the impression that all the early (70-80+-) Sportscoach MHs were built on Dodge drive trains? But I ran across one on a chevy chassis with a 402cid. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to find specs on Sportscoach like wheel base, wheel size, physical size and weights of the coach?
Thanks Much, Gus
GUSRENTIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
This guy has a website, if you look he has links to sportscoach sites http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Or_w3Xz5h4-zag
Old 12-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #3

Gus' RV story

Thanks so much, you guys are a wealth of information! Keep it coming! I do not know much about RVs, but I'm an old heavy equipment and weird car mechanic. And when I say weird, I mean it, had more that one dropped off on my door step in boxes, the easy ones had a pic of what they were to look like, some did not, made things interesting. I did build 2 class B's from scratch, first one a 82 Chevy G20 6.2 diesel, 22mpg, got rid of it in 2000 with 421K miles, the next one I'm still driving, 2000 Ford E350 XLT Extended V10, it just hit 305,000 miles running great, 11-17 MPG, can't complain much. We just need more room, it's just the wife and I, and 8 small dogs, driving all over, for dog shows! So, we are looking for a class A, but as always, we do not want any frills, just the basics, a very solid vehicle, that handles well, is built like a tank, and gets good fuel economy! So I have been doing some research on old stuff(oops, Vintage), my first choice was a 73 FMC29R, but the one I found, would take more than my Doctor and time would allow me to do, frame up and then some. So I'm getting a reality check, with the wife's help, and her 2x4 on the side of my head, less work more play! So I'm resigning myself(I think, today for now) on either a Travco 290 or a Sportscoach, Dodge or Chevy it's all good 70s-80s. I found a 1982 Vogue NOT FOR SALE, it's been sitting since 2001, and the Not So nice owner turned down my generous offer of $1500, needs tires, actually it needs a lot, and to boot he was an arrogant jerk, even worse than me. I even talked to him on a day my pain was low, and I was being nice, best I can do,,, LOL So now I'm still shopping around, this weekend the wife and I will be driving from Pueblo West Co., maybe as far as Wyoming and back checking out class A's. Need to move out of our house for about a month, to shock it, and do some chemical testing, there is a possibility that it was a drug house before I got it, and it's making us sick.
My biggest problem right now about "senior" class A's is the lack of information on the Web, we all know what a Chevy P-30 is, but what the hell is a P-320? What are the actual real specs on a Dodge M-500? And so on, anybody that has answers, gets a Gus Gold star! And if anybody has questions that I can help with, if I remember the answers, you'll get them, just remember that my brain made it with little to no oxygen several times, and it's a bit foggy in some things, others I remember like they were today. Thanks So much for all the help,, Gus
GUSRENTIT is offline   Reply With Quote