Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #1

StumpedII

Hi all!
I have a 95 GB Maverick 24' that I bought several months ago. Everything is working fine except all the receptacles and the fridge on the passenger side(water heater fires up). I have flipped breakers on and off several times with no change. Everything on the driver side works fine. I have checked the fuses under the dash and all is good(nothing under the hood). I have looked in the GB owners manual and it tells you nothing. PS there are no GFI receptacles in the MH but there is a receptacle that has be removed and wire nutted off and covered in the bathroom on the drivers side.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
sunlovers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlovers29 View Post
Hi all!
I have a 95 GB Maverick 24' that I bought several months ago. Everything is working fine except all the receptacles and the fridge on the passenger side(water heater fires up). I have flipped breakers on and off several times with no change. Everything on the driver side works fine. I have checked the fuses under the dash and all is good(nothing under the hood). I have looked in the GB owners manual and it tells you nothing. PS there are no GFI receptacles in the MH but there is a receptacle that has be removed and wire nutted off and covered in the bathroom on the drivers side.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
I bet you only have one circuit and they dead ended it at that outlet. I would check with a meter and see if you have power to it.
" and the fridge on the passenger side(water heater fires up)." Don't understand what you are trying to say?
Allso are you on shore power when doing your test?
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #3

Are there 4 wires, each with a wire nut on them,
OR are there 4 wires with two black under a wire nut and 2 white wires under a wire nut ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:16 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
When fliping the breakers have you confirmed that there is power to the load side of the breaker as well as the feed side?
Old 09-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #5

Generally speaking, the 120 volt water heater is on a circuit alone. The 120 volt refrig heater element is hard wired or plugged into a multipurpose circuit.

A loose connection either hot wire or neutral may be the problem. Vibration while driving tends to cause that.

Certainly as suggested above, the outlet that was removed may have disconnected a string of outlets. Circuits are often wired from one outlet to the next in a string.

Sometime owners remove a faulty GFI outlet and bypass it using wire nuts to connect the remaining outlets. Wire nuts tend to loosen when there is vibration. Crimped connectors are more reliable.

Some motor home systems are more complicated. If yours is, there are many other possibilities.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #6

Stumpped II

Thanks everyone for the information.

1. It is on shore power.
2. 2 black wires are nutted together as are the white wires nutted together.
3. Have not but am going to check the current to both sides of the breaker.

Thanks
Mike
sunlovers29 is offline   Reply With Quote