Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #71

Ok cked the oven. It is all off Pulled the panel off the "door".. ok most the way.. Guessing there is a screw hiding behind the dash??If so..Guess I will Yank it tomorrow lol. Had to pull a splinter outta my finger(OWIE!) Behind the panel does not look TO bad. I will have to replace some of the wood..Of course I already knew that. And so our fun is now beginning. We are finally starting to do something with the poor beast. Looks great on the outside. But..Well.. That is a work in progress(ok in progress now lol)

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:17 PM   #72

Vintage RV Owners Club
ok, Where is the leak on the propane?? i take it it still leaks??? Can you still smell it?? Is it coming from the propane tank it self??? This is really serious!!! That is a BOMB ticking!!!!!first thing is find leak and fix before anything else as that makes anything else you do more dangerous!!!!Someone smoking comes by or ??? would be all it takes to send you to the moon!!! Please let us know you are ok and that you found the leak!!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #73

Yeah its all good Was by the tank itself. I don't feel like going to the moon today hehe! We checked it out and no more smell. (THink the valve was not fully shut) So I do believe that is ok. Hubby said it does need a new regulator though
Chris

Old 10-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #74

Vintage RV Owners Club
Can't remember if it was you or someone else on the forum about changing to a new one but can't remember now...CRS ya know....sigh......

Am glad you could fix the leak!!! You had me scared there for awhile!!! Lets fix them up but be safe about it!!! That leak could be a stuck regulator!! They can go bad!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #75

HAHAHAHAHA I CRS EIther hahaha(your lucky I know my name lol..)
You would laugh to know our kids lost their names(and the dog too) Now when we yell its Boy 1 Boy 2 and Dog hehe(hey you can remember boy 1..Hes the biggest lol)
Funnier thing..THEY ANSWER TO IT!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #76

Vintage RV Owners Club
mine was something like that, Brat was my youngest and princess was the older one. Brat was and as far as i can tell is living up to her given name!! I guess that was better than Hey Zeek!!!!! When i am needing a extra hand I just yell Hey You!!! it saves me a lot of time trying to remember there name!!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #77

Ahhh sent them to bed...Now for quiet time...Hopefully lol. Still have dog under my feet....

Old 10-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #78

Vintage RV Owners Club
i miss a dog in my life sometimes... i had two or three great dogs before but not with my wife...She is allergic to almost every dog and cat out there. One of these days...I'll get another!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:03 AM   #79

Does anyone have ANY idea where to find the little door vents? Im looking online and I have NO idea what they are called....(besides a door vent lol) Its a little square thing at the bottom Of the "door" THe door is broke off one of mine, and right now I have plastic taped over it to keep out rain etc. Alrighty going back out to see what else I can tear up..

Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #80

Look thru this catalog. It's available thru one of our local RV places. I have also seen this same catalog used at another small RV dealer in Hixson TN
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #81

I am not finding the vents..THey are rectangles that have screen on the inside and a little door that opens.. THey are at the front of the WInnebago. Where you would normally have a drivers or a passengers door. Like a 18 wheeler has at the bottom of their doors.. You can see the little gray door right above the tire

Old 10-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #82

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thats a fresh air vent. Try Here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/Auto-Parts/101011.jcw
That would be my best guess.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #83

grrr I don't find one there either....hmmmmm LOLOLOL well I guess it lives with plastic taped over it or awhile lol. I WILL FIND ONE I SWEAR IT! Actually we have a RV place not to far from here that sell salvaged parts. Guess I need to stop over there and ck it out..again lol

Old 10-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #84

Vintage RV Owners Club
That was going to be my next suggestion!! I have a few around here but about 100 miles from me. I have 4 ma and pa shops that are for rv's and i have been lucky there too...sometimes...
Have fun, Dan