Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #1541

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, HH, I have an auto transfer switch, here is a pic of one of the solar panels (Fed Ex delivered rest today) set it out in a cloudy day to test and it passed. Another just to show how much snow we still have well over two ft on the flat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0316151255.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	657.7 KB
ID:	88681   Click image for larger version

Name:	0316151255a.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	774.6 KB
ID:	88682  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #1542

Terry, great chance for you to fool with panel angles to see how much of a difference it makes.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #1543

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HH, That's what I was thinking, I will play around a little bit just for my own knowledge, its cloudy today and then its going to turn windy and cold rest of the week, first day I've played on my new knee, hurts like he__ right now so guess I gotta go slow.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:02 PM   #1544

Cloudy or not, you should be able to adjust the panel & see as much as 40% increase in the single panel's output.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #1545

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I will be checking it out I think its interesting
Old 03-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #1546

Even more interesting would be starting with the panels flat on the ground like most mount them on a MR/TT roof.
The racks I made for mine have built in 15 degree brackets since that is the minimum mine require on my storm shelter. You will want yours to sit flat & lock in place though.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:27 AM   #1547

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Just finished my morning PT, raining here today, better than snow. HH, I agree I will probley lay one out and just mess with it to see what it does, doesn't really mean anything as far as mounting on the TH, just be interesting to see what happens, I can't crawl up a ladder yet anyway. Have great day all.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #1548

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry - great that you can get out into the fresh air for a bit of exercise. Fun to start playing with the parts in preparation for the big finish once you are able to get around much better.

Like the tractor with the snow blower. I did not buy a snow blower as I did not intend to be here to use it but we may have decided to come home for Christmas. Still not enough to add a snowblower though.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:24 AM   #1549

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Terry good to see you're doing well enough to venture out a bit.

Hope it doesn't rain too hard melting the snow so fast you have flooding issues.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #1550

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, I normally would not have a snow blower ether except a good friend was selling his S&B and this was one of the items, At the time I needed a lawn mower and this came with everything for a good price, I mainly use it for the MIL driveway its asphalt and has no room to plow, she lives about a quarter mile up the road so I just run it up when needed. I'm starting to get antsy, I'm glad the weather is not real good yet or it would be worse, I do PT twice a day and it takes me about an hr. to run thru all the exercises. The knee is still stiff and will be for awhile, pain level is down, now if I could sleep at night all would be good............well sort of. catch all later.

i
Old 03-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #1551

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Jay, I don't think we will have too much of an issue with flooding its going to be cold here again for a few days, and nights have been cold, good thing really we had some very bad flooding a few yrs ago, several towns almost got wiped out. Here at home if the flood water reaches us someone has already built an ark, we are way up high. The cold nights and warm days are very good for the sugar maples, and maple syrup, we don't tap but alot others do, and I sure do like maple syrup on my pancakes.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #1552

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
You have sugar maples?!?!?!
OK, rally @ Terry's
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #1553

Winnebago Owners Club
Still the blower looks like a handy thing to have around. I am sure the MIL thinks you are wonderful. I dont have anywhere near the amount of plowing to do so the bucket works OK for my application. Takes about 2 hours to do everything if the snow is not too deep.

We go to the hip and knee clinic for "hip school" on Thursday. I will pay more attention to the knee part of it this time.

Good that the pain levels are going down. I expect you mix periods of planned exercies with periods of rest to reduce the swelling. The rest along with coffee would make it hard to get a full nights sleep.

I think you will be about ready physically by the time the yard is dry enough to work comfortably. I hate working in the mud as it seems to get everywhere.

Have a great day.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #1554

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
You have sugar maples?!?!?!
OK, rally @ Terry's
Rally - FOOD! We are in.

OK we will bring some raspberry syrup.