Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2015, 05:41 AM   #1569

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Randy, Welcome aboard! . That's what started us on this project, we looked at a bunch of toy haulers and they all needed something, (unless we spent more than we wanted to) so we started to do this and it has expanded to what it is, its costing more than what I thought but that's because we have decided to do more than what was first thought, solar is probley the biggest. Good luck on the joint replacements its the best thing that I have done even thro I question it every day right now, but that passes when all of a sudden you can do things you couldn't do before, without pain . Jump in anytime we need all the help we can get.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #1570

Winnebago Owners Club
Well we passed hip school yesterday. All is well and the surgery is still on track to for full hip replacement on April 6. Janet is starting to get a bit aprehensive but controlling it very well.

Snowed last night about 2". Just enough to make the roads really crappy. Just finished washing the SUV so will take the 150 to town for groceries. Suppposed to snow off and on for the next couple days. Too early for spring here, we can expect snow storms until the end of May.

Terry - with all of your parts on hand and having some time to go through and think everything through you will likely indentify most of the stuff you are missing and have it on hand. When you are able to get after it the work will progress really fast. You will be complete and camping before you know it.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #1571

Thanks Terry! Appreciate it!

Gordon, good to read you here... Sorry to hear of the joint issues.. They seem to be plaguing a lot of us....
Old 03-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #1572

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Back from the knee doc, passed with flying colors , I have 90* of ROM and can lay my leg almost flat, sounds simple until you try it. I can now drive unrestricted , and no more support stockings, yahoooo, if you've ever had to wear them you know what I mean . Gordon, glad to hear all is on track with Janet she'll be happy once its over. It is snowing here as I type this, not supposed to be big just a few inches, your affected by the drought in the west too? you hear about the western states but not about up in Canada. I know I will not have everything but if I can get most of the big stuff I can progress quickly. Have a great day all.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #1573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Curtis, you gotta get one of those auto pots that will have it all ready for ya. Then you got to remember to make it the night before,
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Curtis,
Buy a coffee maker that you can schedule the time to brew. It's ready and waiting for you in the AM or when ever.
Tim

Great Minds think alike. Sorry for the double post.

Oh I've got one. But, being the Coffee connesour I am, I will make a pot in the afternoon and then drink a cup and save the rest cold for the next morning. Some days I drink an entire pot, sometimes it takes me a few days. Microwave is my friend!

Quote:
Good Afternoon, Back from the knee doc, passed with flying colors , I have 90* of ROM and can lay my leg almost flat, sounds simple until you try it. I can now drive unrestricted , and no more support stockings, yahoooo, if you've ever had to wear them you know what I mean . Gordon, glad to hear all is on track with Janet she'll be happy once its over. It is snowing here as I type this, not supposed to be big just a few inches, your affected by the drought in the west too? you hear about the western states but not about up in Canada. I know I will not have everything but if I can get most of the big stuff I can progress quickly. Have a great day all.
So good to hear that Terry! SO, has he released you to ride your scooter as soon as the weather clears?
Rode mine yesterday to grab some lunch. Restaurant is a 20 mile round trip!

Big Foot, Welcome!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:00 PM   #1574

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Note to self: Do NOT drink coffee at Curtis' house.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #1575

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Or make sure the pot is perking as you show up with your cup.

An Uncle of mine used to boil coffee. He would start in the morning and make a fresh pot. During the day he would add water and more coffee grounds. By night the pot was full of coffee grounds and some very black water (coffee). First couple cups were pretty good. End of day I used to add mostly cream - they milked and separated so the cream was really good.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #1576

Impressive build, Harley!

Quote:
we looked at a bunch of toy haulers and they all needed something, (unless we spent more than we wanted to) so we started to do this and it has expanded to what it is, its costing more than what I thought but that's because we have decided to do more than what was first thought, solar is probley the biggest.
What's your guess on current expenditures and final budget?

(I'm not new to DIY RV renovations--I converted a 1989 UHaul into a toterhome a few years ago). I was $3k into the truck and $5k including new tires when I was done, but it didn't have nearly the same creature comforts as yours.

I'm currently redoing a '92 Class C without the depth of renovation.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:38 PM   #1577

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Guys, first off welcome MT4Runner, I haven't added up my pile of receipts lately, I'll see if I can sort them out and give a run down later, (it might scare me) actually I threw out the budget, it actually never was about doing it cheap, (although I did think at one time I could) it mostly was about having something I wanted versus what most manufacturers think you want. And we have a good time with it here, everyone here has put some kind of input of some sorts that has made things fun and kept me on the straight and narrow. You should start a thread of your repairs we like to see what others are doing. Gordon the first truck repair shop I worked at did coffee that way, he was Swedish (the owner) very smart man, (and cheap too) but the coffee was never thrown away (the grounds were at night) wow did we get things done now I know why!! Guys I've got to side with Curtis on this one, I do the same thing I make a pot shut it off and warm it in the microwave. He said unrestricted, I'm going to take that as I can ride the scooter, (I didn't ask) LOL.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #1578

Terry
The knee seems to be healing pretty fast from my house,,,,errrr Moho.
Having played this game before helps knowing what to and not to do.

Warm weather might just be late to the TH being finished if it keeps hiding so well.

Glad to see more following this thread.
Hang in there till Terry is back at it , be careful though . he gets so much done in a day that your head might be spinning.

Frank
Wish I was there.........
Sounds like you MIGHT be safe from the cold,,,,,but keep an eye to the north , ya never can tell.
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #1579

I don't know much about making coffee but Curtis seems to be operating on the "what doesn't kill ya just makes ya stronger"theory.
rvpopeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #1580

I brew a pot of coffee then turn the machine off & remove the pot from the machine so there are no bitter droppings. After cooling, the coffee goes into the frig. 11 months out of the year its cold enough for ice coffee here.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
[Jeff Spicoli Voice] That's Harsh Man![/Jeff Spicoli Voice]

Quote:
Hi Guys, I've got to side with Curtis on this one, I do the same thing I make a pot shut it off and warm it in the microwave. He said unrestricted, I'm going to take that as I can ride the scooter, (I didn't ask) LOL.
Unrestricted means Scooters where I come from!!! Just ride the ones with electric start for a few months! (Had a Maico that would break your leg if you didn't follow through all the way with authority!)

Coffee;
See! I'm not the only one...... (I will brew up a pot, in a clean pot BTY!) And I wash the coffee maker down between pots too! So it's not like there a fungus in the machine. And after it brews, I pull the grounds basket out and toss them in the garbage can. It's just the pot of coffee on the little burner. Sometimes I mix up my creamers and suger to the entire pot and after pouring my first cup hot to make sure it's blended correctly then I pour the rest in a container and put it in the refrigerator to save for iced coffee later. (My Wife doesn't allow soft drinks in the house, so it's either water or iced coffee around here!) (Remember we're not talking MH here.)

I'm just not a coffee snob like my Daughter In Law! It's $7.50 Starbucks or some other Ritzy place or nothing! I think she drinks her coffee for bragging rights.

Like I said I grew up on Construction Trailer Coffee. So if it's hot and not growing legs it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I don't know much about making coffee but Curtis seems to be operating on the "what doesn't kill ya just makes ya stronger"theory.
It's worked so far!!!!

I needed this conversation today. Having some struggles in the Shop today and nothing is going like I planned. So I'm a little bummed.
Some days are like that!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:19 PM   #1582

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a coffee butler/thermos. Hot coffee is poured into the butler and it will stay warm most of the day. Luke warm tomorrow morning but it never seems to last that long. Mind you both Janet and I drink coffee. When it is gone - that's it for the day - unless we have company.

When we were kids our folks were so poor that we could not afford to have coffee and cream and sugar on the same day. So one day we would have coffee, the next day cream and the following day sugar. To this day still prefer to drink my coffee black. Janet rolls her eyes when she hears that story. LOL

Evening drink of choice is herbal tea.

If we ever get together I am looking forward to sharing and trying everyones coffee. I am sure none of it will last long enough to go stale.

Terry - I hope the road dries out so you can go for a short spin in a couple weeks.